Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21*** >

Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21***

Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21***

Old 09-02-2021, 07:17 PM

My blocks arrived yesterday and are wonderful. I look forward to putting together a couple of lap quilts with them.
Old 09-03-2021, 02:17 AM

This is grand! Blocks are arriving a little sooner than I expected. Woo hoo!

Old 09-03-2021, 10:18 AM

Mine came really fast.
Old 09-03-2021, 11:10 AM

My blocks arrived yesterday! Janice, as always thank you for being the best! Just for planning reasons, when are you thinking the next boom will be?! 😁😁

We are headed out camping for the weekend in our little teardrop camper, we’ve been so busy all summer we haven’t camped since April! I have a book I’m dying to read, a quilt to bind, my paddle board, hiking boots and fishing pole!! AND my boom box to unpack!

Julia, so sorry about your loss. My mom passed 10 years ago and I still reach for the phone to tell her things. I hope you have great memories to carry you through.

Kristi- your road trip sounds awesome and MJP I loved your homeschooling stories! Can’t wait for our next lunch. Sewbiz, amazing bargello! I made one a few years ago and thought it was a fun project. Your colors are stunning.

Janice and Terri, moving…. Exciting and exhausting!

I know there were other comments I had but I’ve now forgotten. Can’t wait to start seeing completed quilts with boom blocks!!

be safe my friends!!!
Old 09-03-2021, 12:44 PM

My blocks arrived yesterday. Still haven’t had a chance to even open package.

When I say we are in house and the furniture is in and bedrooms are set up believe me that doesn’t mean we are all moved In. there is still a garage full of boxes. The metal shelving for the sewing overflow room arrives Tuesday and we can start filling those shelves. Haven’t heard anything on the main sewing room new floor yet. The nice thing is the containers of fabric can just sit in the garage, they are all in sealed plastic bins
Old 09-03-2021, 12:46 PM
Power Poster

Yay, my blocks arrived today! They are so pretty in person! Now I can make a couple of nice lap quilts from them. At least half of them had no names....

We are closing on the Memphis house and moving at the end of the month. The previous owner is taking the refrigerator and washer and dryer. So I've been shopping for those and have *sticker shock*! Hope I can find some good used ones.

Thanks again, everyone, for your lovely blocks. Alice, I love the little name tags you used!
Old 09-03-2021, 02:34 PM

Congrats Sewbiz. The appliances are expensive and a long wait!
Old 09-03-2021, 05:25 PM

Woo-hoo! Blocks are here! You all are awesome. Thank you so much for welcoming me into your sewing adventure. It's been fun to hang out with you. We have a 3 month RV trip planned this fall, so I probably won't be able to participate in the next one. I will pop in though and drool over your beauties!
Old 09-03-2021, 05:48 PM

Funny story to share.... My brother in law is up here having evacuated from New Orleans and is still waiting for the electricity so he can get home. He asked me what I was going to do with all my fabric. I had to move it into the garage and boxes of it line one of the walls. I told him that when I retire I am finally going to get to make all the quilts I've been dreaming of making. His response was there are other things to do after being retired that will keep me busy. I want to retire and find out! Hugs to all.
Old 09-03-2021, 07:15 PM

My blocks came today, I am away for the weekend but sister got them for me. Can't wait to see all of them in person.
thank you Janice for hosting the boom and welcome to your new home.