Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21*** >

Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21***

Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21***

Old 11-07-2021, 04:23 AM

Good morning! It’s a cold NC morning but wonderfully clear. Hope it is a pleasant day where you are.

I’ve rounded the bend on the units for on my string quilt. Hope to finish them this week.

I’m still planning to begin the next Boom after the first of next year but I have no particular dates set. I’ll try to work on that in the coming week and post it here to give you a heads up.

Have a lovely Sunday.
Old 11-11-2021, 08:03 AM

Just checking in to say howdy! I hope everyone is having a good November so far. I am trying to get my "mojo" back and work on some UFOs that I really have to do something with. The weather here has been unseasonably warm but we are expecting rain/snow this weekend. I hate seeing that stuff come. Maybe if it is cold outside, I will want to stay warm and do some quilting. Let's hope, right???
Old 11-12-2021, 03:50 AM

Howdy, Klaws! So nice to hear from you. 😀. I think cold weather is a good mojo booster, unless like me, you want to snuggle under a quilt rather than build one! I’m a little stuck now, so close to the finish on my string quilt units and yet I’m not working on them this week. I could use a little boost myself.

Hope everyone has had a pleasant week. Stay warm if you’re in the path of cold weather this weekend.
Old 11-18-2021, 09:39 AM

Am soooo behind posting dates for the next boom. It’s been busy around here! Will try to get to it soon.
Old 11-19-2021, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Am soooo behind posting dates for the next boom. It’s been busy around here! Will try to get to it soon.
No rush Janice! I'm sure everyone is busy getting ready for the holidays and not really worried about it. We'll look forward to it after the first of the year.
Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you enjoy your family.

Old 11-19-2021, 06:29 AM

Hi all. Happy Thanksgiving! Klaws is right, Janice, I am still working on so may of my UFO BOOM projects I can't allow myself to think to the next one. Quilty hugs to all from my home to yours!
Old 11-19-2021, 06:51 AM
Power Poster

I have finally finished my fruity Boom quilt, all but the binding which will go on today. It ended up looking very Christmassy, so I'm keeping it and taking it to my new house this weekend. Will show a pic later today!
Old 11-19-2021, 11:35 AM

To everyone here a safe and joyous holiday with Thanksgiving upon us so quickly. Eat hearty and share when and where ever possible with family, friends and the alone. Be filled with the love that the season brings out in us. To each a blessed holiday.
Old 11-20-2021, 12:17 PM
Power Poster

Here is my finished Boom 26 quilt. I love it! Thank you everyone who made a block for it. They are great! It's going to my new house in Memphis with me tomorrow. It was going to be a charity quilt, but I love it and just need to keep it! One for me....
Attached Thumbnails img_1604.jpg  
Old 11-20-2021, 12:53 PM

Sewbizgirl - that is a beauty! It did come out really perfect for the holidays. I am glad you're going to hold onto it for a while. You brought it together so beautifully! Perfect choice of binding. Did you quilt as you go or make the flimsy and then quilt?