Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21*** >

Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21***

Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21***

Old 05-03-2021, 06:31 AM

Zinnias is a great name! Not only because it starts with the letter Z but because zinnias come in lots of variations in size and color and we have a huge variety of personalities and come from everywhere! https://www.cappersfarmer.com/yard-a...s-zm0z20sznad/

Good name choice, Janice!
Attached Thumbnails zinnias.jpg  
Old 05-03-2021, 06:40 AM

Ibex94, glad you like the name.

A couple of packages are already on their way! Woo hoo!
Old 05-03-2021, 07:25 AM

Here are my fabrics.

Fabric 1 - Toys

Please have fun and make a vibrant block. Please use red, green, blue, yellow, orange, and black. Please do not use any white unless paper piecing and you need a bit for a design. I want the quilt to be bright. Please use solid material that match the colors in the fabric.

Fabric 2 - Gray with Flowers

Have fun and make a block using the following colors in the fabric (mint green, pink, fuchsia, yellow, and white. Please use solids, blenders, or tone-on-tone. Please do not use any black or any shade of gray.

I cannot wait to get your fabric. I love this BOOM.
Attached Thumbnails boom-26-fabric-1.jpg   boom-fabric-2.jpg  

Last edited by hav4boys; 05-03-2021 at 07:29 AM.
Old 05-03-2021, 10:09 AM
Power Poster

Zinnias is a cute name for this time of year.

Hav, love your Fisher Price fabric!
Old 05-03-2021, 10:08 PM

I am still considering my fabric. I love the name Zinnias.
Old 05-04-2021, 03:38 AM

Good morning, Zinnias!

Hope everyone has gotten my email. I’ve heard from about half of you. If you have not replied to my email, please do so today.

Several packages of f8s are already on the way. They’ll start arriving tomorrow or Thursday. It’s always so much fun to receive them and look at all the lovely fabrics you’ve selected.

Since we are one group this round, we’ll just stick with this thread through the whole swap. Continue posting your pix and comments here for the sake of ease.

Reminder, your F8s should be no smaller than 18 by 10 and that is without any selvage. Please be sure to put your board name on each baggie, clearly enough so these old eyes can read it clearly.

Thats it for now. We’ve got a break in the storms this morning so the pup needs her walk. Have a pleasant day!
Old 05-04-2021, 04:30 AM

Hav4boys -- loving your fabrics and the ideas my brain is popping out at me. I hope I have time to cut fabric today! My father and I are babysitting my grandson who needed an umbilical hernia repair. He's a a typical rough and tumble boy at 3 years old and we don't want him in daycare, yet. Since I normally don't get to see him much, this is a major bit of fun for me but he needs 100% eyes on to keep him from overextending himself.

Big storms expected today. This may be our last cold front of the year. Yesterday in central Mississippi was hot and muggy. I could not stay outside for long.

My body has developed an intolerance to hot and muggy, like my grandmother had. Anyone have a solution besides wet handkerchiefs around the neck and lots of cold beverages?
Old 05-04-2021, 04:47 AM

Ibex, when my sister was about 2 years old, she had a double hernia repaired. I remember two things about it. One, she was terrified of getting her “strings” - stitches - wet in the tub. And two, my mother about died when sis started doing head stands just a few days after surgery. I can still see sis with her head, hands and feet planted on the ground and mom having a fit. Lol. Thanks for triggering those funny memories!

Last edited by Janice McC; 05-04-2021 at 04:50 AM.
Old 05-04-2021, 08:11 AM
Power Poster

Ibex,
since you and I share the same climate, I thought I’d tell you how the Mississippi hot muggy weather works for me. At the beginning of every summer I think I’m gonna die from the heat, but as the days go on I get more and more used to it. For me, the trick is staying out in it as long as I can so I get used to it faster. Eventually it doesn’t bother me at all.
Old 05-04-2021, 10:01 AM

My fabric is all packed. Ready to go to the post office...
Attached Thumbnails ahwu.jpg