Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21*** >

Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21***

Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21***

Old 08-29-2021, 03:06 PM

I plan to ship blocks tomorrow, oddly enough from the GA post office as I値l be down there for the day. I have yet to see the house completed, other than a cleaning, so in the morning I値l go there as well as have a visit with my dentist. (A great guy but this will probably be the last visit there I suppose.) I won稚 be shipping the regular way I do it since the computer printer is out of order, naturally. I値l get your tracking numbers at the post office tomorrow and email them to you prob on Tuesday.

Hope those of you in or near the path of Ida take all precautions. We池e going to get rain and some wind but that should be the extent of it.

Take care everyone!

Old 08-30-2021, 05:40 AM

Central MS has been blessed with light rain and light wind with occasional gusts. All good so far here. Temperatures are in the 70s so I can sit in our garage and watch the weather and birds and squirrels. Yay!! Storm continues to weaken.

Have fun visiting your "old" house, Janice! If you love your dentist, you can always go back there. How much of a drive do you have to go through between the two places? Thank you for the update on the packages!
Old 08-30-2021, 06:25 AM

Weirdly, we had a thunderstorm here in San Diego. Very very unusual for the summer. First time in 30 years. we need to stay out of the ocean for a few days due to runoff For all those n the midst of big storms stay safe!

Old 08-30-2021, 06:52 AM

Well, your packages were shipped! Woo hoo.

mjp, my first thunderstorm in SD, probably 1981, was in December. I remember Christmas shopping and the skies lighting up. Very unexpected!

ibex, I知 at the dentist now but I don稚 think I have it in me to make the 180 mile trek each way again. A bit too far! Lol.

Have a pleasant day!
Old 08-30-2021, 08:13 AM
Power Poster

Storm has knocked our power out. I’m sure there are trees down on the lines, as the ground is completely saturated. It’s raining and will continue to do so all day. It would be a lot more fun to be home if the power was restored.

Hubby has perishable insulin in the refrigerator. He has the generator running but something is wrong with it and it’s not putting out power. Always something…

We are alive tho, and thankful things aren’t worse here.
Old 08-30-2021, 08:48 AM

SBG, stay safe and well. . I hope the generator starts working while the power is out.

Old 08-30-2021, 07:02 PM
Power Poster

Thank you… generator started working! After it ran a while it started to finally put out power. We think it was wet inside and needed to dry out.

No word yet on when our power lines will be fixed! Soon, I hope.

Looking forward to the book blocks coming home….
Old 08-30-2021, 07:03 PM
Power Poster

Er… boom blocks, not book blocks. Sometimes auto correct drives me crazy!
Old 08-31-2021, 03:06 AM

Sewbiz sure hope your power is restored quickly, wonder if Ibex still has power?

Janice we are only about 60 miles from house in the cities and that gets to be a long jaunt, 180 miles is long ways to go to dentist etc.

We closed on new house yesterday and with the help of friends made 4 trips to the storage locker, all my sewing machines are now in the garage at new house. Movers arrive at 8AM to move second storage unit filled with furniture, then a different set of friends will arrive around noon to help set up beds and kitchen then go back to storage units to empty the Original locker. We rented that locker for a year and don’t understand the rush to empty it

Can’t wait for the blocks to arrive.
Old 08-31-2021, 05:23 AM

Julia, so sorry to hear about your mom. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.
Sewbiz, I love your bargello. I have yet to attempt to make one. That is on my bucket list.
Everyone in the path of the storm, please stay safe.
I spent 4 days with my 15 yr old DGS while my son went out of town. What an experience! We had a good time but I'm too old to handle a teenager. Those days are long gone.
Looking forward to receiving my blocks back. I hope the weather doesn't hinder everyone receiving their package.