Boom 29 Robins (sign ups closed) >

Boom 29 Robins (sign ups closed)

Boom 29 Robins (sign ups closed)

Old 03-29-2023, 05:35 PM
Power Poster

Smile

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Sorry my blocks picture didn't upload. Here's another try:

What a sweet block. Is this vintage fabric? The colors you chose are spot on.
Old 03-29-2023, 05:36 PM
Power Poster

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
I've never seen a cat fabric I didn't love!

Isn't that the truth?
Old 03-29-2023, 05:43 PM
Power Poster

Smile

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
I feel really DENSE!
If someone can clarify for me I would greatly appreciate it:

So....... when I get everyone's fabrics do I make something out of the individual fabric adding whatever fabric they may have requested? Or do I make blocks with all the fabrics sent to me? I've searched previous threads and still am confused. I want to get this right!
Thanks!

No, worries. I did my first BOOM over 10 yrs ago and sporadically, time permitting, I sign up. Every time I need to go through all the steps. So if you see the fabric I posted and the notes, you will get fabric in a baggy with a note. The note will tell what the sender is hoping you will do with the fabric, theme. It will say if they prefer piecing or are open to other methods. It will also list colors or styles they like or not like. You will then use their fabric and make a 12 1/2 inch block with their fabric and fabrics from your stash to make them a quilt block. You can always ask on this board if there is some confusion.
Old 03-29-2023, 07:43 PM

Great block Sewbiz

All you cat lovers would love our Texas home. Next door the woman calls herself the “cat lady”. There are about 8 cats she feeds and as the kittens grow up they stay close by since she feeds them and then there are more kitties. A young white cat has attached itself to my hubby and he says he is not fond of it but I notice he checks daily that it is ok. There are white cats, grey tiger stripes, a calico, 1 orange one, a huge light grey one and several white with blotches of different color. I put out a wind spinner and they must have thought I had bought them the best of toys. To keep them away from it I added a plastic mat with sharp pointies all over it right below the spinner. All but one cat has left The spinner alone. But the mama white one just lays down right on the mat and takes her daily nap.
Old 03-29-2023, 09:42 PM
Power Poster

Susie, each person is supposed to send one F8 per person. Sometimes the swapper sends another piece to go with theirs, but the second fabric must be 6.5" square or smaller. If you get a bag with a second piece, you may use it or not. ( Most people do.) For the rest of the block, you use your own fabric in the colors/styles that were requested, if you can. If not, you use what you have. Fabric requests are just that: requests, not requirements.

We may not request just certain types of fabric nor certain styles. If someone wants you to use only Kaffe fabrics, or only batiks for instance, you are not required to do so. If you do not have these fabrics in your stash, please just find something else to make a pretty block. I hope everyone can make their blocks from the stash they have at hand.

Anna gave you some good tips too... I just think that once you get your fabrics and start reading the notes, you'll get the gist of it pretty quick. Don't hesitate to post any questions you may have.
Old 03-30-2023, 05:31 AM
Power Poster

Thanks, SBG and Anna, now it makes sense!
Terri- I love your cat story.
I was afraid of cats! But my husband adores them and when we got married he begged me to try it out. He promised that if I really didn't want a cat he'd honor my wishes. ( I grew up with dogs) Well....... that was 14 cats ago! We've had them consistently throughout our marriage and wouldn't have it any other way. We love dog too, but he's what I call The Cat Whisperer!!!
It's kinda funny- nobody in my family really liked cats either and I mean aunts, uncles etc- nobody! But I couldn't live w/o them.
Old 03-30-2023, 06:04 AM

Hi Susie, for example, I purchased the fat quarter bundle of the Riley Blake Little Women collection, so for those Ziplock baggies, I included the background that I chose and whacked a piece off of different fabrics in the collection. You can use or not use that fabric piece, but it gives you something to match up from your stash if you don't use that extra piece. Whatever goes for those blocks is fine with me, the background is more than 12 1/2" wide so you can use it for an applique block if you want. That's also why I uploaded a picture of the panel. I also never had cats until my child rescued a Havana brown from a home that was abandoned, the people moved out and locked up the house, and the cat was locked inside. My child Dylan has a powerful personality, so the kids in the neighborhood who heard the cat crying for several days, and were afraid to go into the house, sought them out because they are fearless. Indeed, they were, they broke into the abandoned house and rescued the cat. All the neighborhood kids were relieved. I think cats are smart enough to know that they have been rescued and are grateful. At least that's my opinion. He is the sweetest cat. Now I have 2 more.
Old 03-30-2023, 09:23 AM

Here are the fabrics I chose which I will make into 2 separate quilts. The colors are more vibrant than they appear. I was inspired by Pokeweed from Boom 28 Pumpkins to think a bit more modern with bold large prints and solid or monotone colors. So, I'm trying my hand at something new!
Attached Thumbnails 20230329_201530.jpg   20230329_201745.jpg  

Last edited by Duckling; 03-30-2023 at 09:29 AM. Reason: not finished with my thought.
Old 03-30-2023, 09:42 AM

cool fabrics Duckling! And they will inspire us too! Hugs!
Old 03-30-2023, 10:00 AM

Cool fabric Duckling.

Over the last year I've been making door decorations for my MIL, here are a few of them.

Now my daughter's boyfriend wants me to make some for his mom also. It has been a fun project in-between quilts.
Attached Thumbnails april.jpg   may.jpg   june.jpg   july.jpg