Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 29 Robins (sign ups closed) >

Boom 29 Robins (sign ups closed)

Boom 29 Robins (sign ups closed)

Old 05-26-2023, 12:15 PM

It has been awhile since I checked in. The last time was to tell you that I fell and broke my nose. Well a lot has happened since then. I was having problems with weak muscles in my legs and struggled to go up stairs. It has also spread to my upper body.. I ended up in the hospital for several days with a diagnosis of myopathy. Apparently I have some kind of autoimmune condition. I am on 5 different medicines and receiving intravenous immunoglobulin infusions. I've only had a couple so far but they haven't helped any. Now I have a hard time getting up out of a chair. Not only do I have to put up with this but my macular degeneration is a little worse. It's a good think I didn't sign up for this boom.
I've tried to look at a lot of the blocks posted. Everyone is doing a fantastic job! I really miss all you guys. Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.
Old 05-26-2023, 12:18 PM
Power Poster

Cheesehead's blocks arrived today. Thank you, Cheese!

List with updates:

Received from these "robins":

1. RebaQuilts (2 sets)
2. Anna Quilts(2 sets)
3. Log Cabin
4. Sewbiz (2 sets)
5. SusieQOH
6. Libster
7. All2Pieces
8. JaniceMcC
9. Cheesehead
Old 05-26-2023, 12:22 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by klaws View Post
It has been awhile since I checked in. The last time was to tell you that I fell and broke my nose. Well a lot has happened since then. I was having problems with weak muscles in my legs and struggled to go up stairs. It has also spread to my upper body.. I ended up in the hospital for several days with a diagnosis of myopathy. Apparently I have some kind of autoimmune condition. I am on 5 different medicines and receiving intravenous immunoglobulin infusions. I've only had a couple so far but they haven't helped any. Now I have a hard time getting up out of a chair. Not only do I have to put up with this but my macular degeneration is a little worse. It's a good think I didn't sign up for this boom.
I've tried to look at a lot of the blocks posted. Everyone is doing a fantastic job! I really miss all you guys. Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.
We miss you too, Karen! So sorry to hear of this new diagnosis. Hope you can rehabilitate to get your strength back. You have a great Memorial Day too. Please keep us posted on your health progress.
Old 05-26-2023, 01:01 PM

Omgosh! That’s a lot to deal with. I’ll keep you in my thoughts and hope you find relief from the myopathy. Please keep in touch. Hugs.
Originally Posted by klaws View Post
Old 05-26-2023, 04:39 PM

Oh Karen I am so sorry, hope this goes away quickly and you are back to your ole self
Old 05-26-2023, 08:04 PM

Here is one for LStew. I dislike the Christmas block I made her so she sent me this material and I made a new block.
Attached Thumbnails fb_img_1685160106118.jpg  
Old 05-26-2023, 09:12 PM
Power Poster

What a pretty and unusual block, Hav. I see both stack and whack and paper piecing happening.
Old 05-27-2023, 09:03 AM

Sewbizgirl, does it make me an addict that I already picked out fabric for the next Boom? LOL. I think you may have started something with me! haha!
Old 05-27-2023, 10:37 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by LogCabin82 View Post
Sewbizgirl, does it make me an addict that I already picked out fabric for the next Boom? LOL. I think you may have started something with me! haha!
Ha ha! We all do that. It means you are hooked!
Old 05-27-2023, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Ha ha! We all do that. It means you are hooked!
Yep, that means we have another dedicated Boomer. It doesn't take long to become one of us.
. Klaws, I m keeping you in my prayers for swift healing. Hugs.