Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 29 Sign Ups closing March 22 >

Boom 29 Sign Ups closing March 22

Boom 29 Sign Ups closing March 22

Old 03-11-2023, 03:31 PM
Power Poster

Default Boom 29 Sign Ups closing March 22

Welcome to the sign up for the Boomerang 29 Block swap! Sign ups close no later than 11:59 pm EDT, Wednesday March 22, 2023. Each group will probably have 12 to 20 swappers. You may choose the 2 or 3 month swap or both if you are a repeat Boomer in good standing. All skill levels are welcome but you must be able to consistently sew a well-constructed 12 ½ inch block.

Deadline for your fabrics to be in my hands is March 31.

In general, this is how the Boom works: You will receive a list of Board Names of those in your group. You choose your fabric, prepare it and send it to me for distribution to the other members. You need one Fat Eighth (no smaller than 18” x 10”, a little larger is welcome but no selvages) for each member. Send all F8s to me along with any special requests for your fabric. I will distribute them to the other members. You stitch a block for each member using your pre-washed 100 percent cotton quilting fabric out of the F8 you receive. When you have finished all blocks, you ship them to me to sort and return to the owner.

Board participation is an essential ingredient in making this swap successful. So much information about the swap is found there, much more than I can possibly write in this sign-up post. If you wish to join the swap, please understand it is your responsibility to read all posts and post at least weekly. If something comes up and you cannot post, please have somebody email me. Absolutely no disappearing please! Don't 'ghost' the host!

Anticipated schedule:

Sign-ups end 11:59 pm EDT, Wed, March 22, 2023
Groups likely post by Thurs. March 23, 2023

ALL F8s due to me by Friday March 31, 2023
I ship F8s to you no later than April 3, 2023-- sooner if all fabrics come in sooner

2 month group’s blocks due to me by May 31, 2023
I mail 2 month group’s blocks back no later than June 1

3 month group’s blocks due to me by June 30, 2023
I mail 3 month's blocks back no later than July 1, 2023.

Keep in mind the following:
You must be in good standing with previous swaps on the QB. Anyone with a poor track record of fulfilling swap commitments will not be permitted to join. If you sign-up and do not fulfill your commitment, you won’t be able to participate in future swaps with me.

All skill levels are welcome but you must be able to sew a 12 ½ inch, basic, well-constructed block. The block does not have to be detailed but it must be stitched well. All seams should be ¼ inch or a scant ¼ with at least 12 stitches per inch. All fabric should be cut on the straight of grain to avoid "wonkiness" and fraying whenever possible. Blocks should not leave your hands until you know you have made every reasonable effort to get them as close to the 12 ½ inch size as you can. We all respect new quilter’s need to learn and that will be taken into account. If you cannot consistently construct a 12 ½ inch block, this is not the swap for you. Please note: when you measure, measure your block under an acrylic square at least 12 ½ inches square, not on top of it, squaring the block on a corner after pressing. Also, be sure to allow yourself enough time to complete your full set of blocks. In other words, don’t leave them to the last week! The results can be less than your "best". And please be sure to clean up the blocks. Turn them over, trim your threads and cut dog ears. If you used paper to piece your blocks, please remove that paper! No "crinkling" blocks, please!

Please pre-wash your 100 percent cotton quilting fabrics without any fragrance residue. (No dryer sheets.)Please note that that some swappers may be smokers or have pets. If either is a problem for you, this isn’t the swap for you.

Any and all complaints and problems must be addressed to me by Private Message (PM) or email to me at [email protected], and not in the swap threads. Thank you.

To join Boom 29, please email me (not PM) with "Boom 29" in the subject line at [email protected] with the following info:
Board Name
Full Name
Complete Address
Best Phone Number (please specify cell, home or work)
Email Address
Have you fulfilled all your swap/exchange obligations on the QB in the past?

*2 Month Group or 3 Month Group or both? (Newbies to the Boom should select only one group, preferably the 3 month group if you are unaccustomed to piecing on a deadline.)
*Group lengths and group sizes are fluid and will be determined by sign-ups. You may be asked to adjust to fill vacancies as needed. If changing doesn’t suit you, you may withdraw at that time.

Do you agree to post weekly to the swap thread and read all the posts?

Thank you for your interest in Boom 28. We hope you'll join us! You will receive an email with more info on fabric prep and mailing once you sign up. READ EVERYTHING. : o )

Last edited by sewbizgirl; 03-11-2023 at 03:34 PM.
Old 03-12-2023, 05:47 AM

Just sent my info to SBG for the 3 month group. Now I just need to pick out and prepare fabric for the swap, looking forward to playing with everyone's fabric and making blocks.

Cheese
Old 03-12-2023, 08:07 AM

Sent Sewbiz my info, joining both groups once again
Old 03-12-2023, 11:49 AM
Power Poster

Cheese and Terri, glad you are back! I will send you an email with more info.
Old 03-12-2023, 01:19 PM

I am in for both groups. Email sent and agree to read the posts and post.
Old 03-12-2023, 01:34 PM
Power Poster

Glad to include you, Hav!
Old 03-12-2023, 02:02 PM
Power Poster

Yay! My first one! Sent you all the info.
Old 03-12-2023, 06:37 PM

I'm back!!! Gonna do the 3 month group.
Old 03-12-2023, 10:41 PM
Power Poster

Welcome Susi, Mona and All2Pieces! We are going to have so much fun!

Just posted the sign up list and we already have these peeps:

1. Terriamn
2. Cheesehead
3. Hav4boys
4. SusieQOH (newbie!)
5. All2Pieces
6. MonaG

Looking forward to making blocks again!
Old 03-13-2023, 04:08 PM

Signed up for the three month group Looking forward to it!