Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155) >

Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

Old 09-15-2010, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by ksea
April, sorry I forgot the return address on the Butterfly squishie. When I was making your first block one of my grand daughters was spending the night and she was asking about the card trick block and why I was making it and I was telling her about you and your hug quilt. She loves your screen name and was jumping around saying "loving Izabella" that's my new name! She was pretty silly. Anyway last week she was back to bug me in the sewing room and she found the 2 orange fabrics in my stash, she asked for a block made out of it and so I found the butterfly block pattern and decided to try it and when I was done with it and gave it to her she sat down and studied it and then gave it back to me and said "Nanna could you send it to the "loving Izabella" lady that needs hugs? Butterflies give great hugs, and I bet she would like it in her quilt." So after sitting in my room crying about what a special little person my grand daughter is, we wrapped it up and sent it out, and in the excitement I must have forgotten to put a return address on it. I'm glad it made it to you and we are glad that you like it. So now you have a butterfly hug (and I have it on good authority that butterflies give great hugs) for you hug quilt. Oh and I did make my grand daughter another butterfly block and I promised to make her a whole butterfly quilt when I get my sons quilt done.
:XD: :XD: :XD: Please give your granddaughter huge hugs from me and a thank you from the bottom of my heart...she has made me cry. Such a thoughtful young girl and how that means so much to me that she would remember and then unselfishly give it back to you to send to me-it shows what kind of lady she will be and who you are as a grandmother and mother. Thank you both from the bottom of my heart. May I have her name please so I can put it in to the quilt along with "Nanna could you send it to the "loving Izabella" lady that needs hugs? Butterflies give great hugs, and I bet she would like it in her quilt." I am truly touched and honored! It really makes you see how far love can reach-thank you both again!
It has more meaning here too as my Izabella has been touched by a butterflies wings twice (so butterflies are pretty special in this house ;-)) and they say that is a sign of good luck so not only will I think of your granddaughter when I see this block but I will think of my own daughter and the love that this world still has for others :-)
Much Love & Huge Hugs
April
Old 09-15-2010, 07:04 PM

I made a mess of the two blocks I tried to make tonight.

I am sitting here wondering how I can avoid facing the day tomorrow. I have been trying to figure out what is 'wrong' with my son for 10 months, and tomorrow they will tell me but it turns out that I don't want to know anymore :( How sad is it that I hope they say his issues are due to bad parenting? :thumbdown:
Old 09-15-2010, 07:37 PM

I have been remiss in posting pictures! This past week, I've received beautiful blocks from montanablu, jlin52 and missgigglewingsl. Thank all of you for your hard work!

From jlin52
[ATTACH=CONFIG]112004[/ATTACH]

From missgigglewings
[ATTACH=CONFIG]112005[/ATTACH]

From montanablu
[ATTACH=CONFIG]112006[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-111999.jpe   attachment-112000.jpe   attachment-112001.jpe  
Old 09-15-2010, 07:48 PM

Loving Isabella, your response was so beautiful, and touching; it brought tears to my eyes. I also think, the younger generations doesn't seem to have as much compassion as the previous generations. So to see the unselfishness, and purity of a youngsters heart is such a lovely thing.

Fryguy, you have to try and be positive, it may very well be something that is very controllable, even cured. My prayers are with you and yours. My wishes for the best.

Bibliostone your blocks are beautiful.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by fryguymoore
Here are all the blocks I have received so far, they are just beautiful!

Also I posted everything I have sent :)
Beautiful blocks you received and the ones you sent are marvellous! What a skillful quilter you are and your blocks are all different and beautifull. I am sorry that I don't have more time to work on each block!
Old 09-15-2010, 08:39 PM

MegsAnn,
your block will be in teh post office tomorrow. It is a traditional block. I hope you like it. I am dying to post a pic but I'll wait for you to see it first
Old 09-15-2010, 08:54 PM

Hi Hoppyfrog,

I received the block you made for me and it is wonderful! I love the colors you used. They played nicely together. I really will post a photo sooner or later! lol

hugs, Jupiter
Old 09-15-2010, 09:10 PM

Oh my....I had NO idea you had surgery pending! I had to go back and get caught up. Honey...you have MORE than enough going on right now..PLEASE don't even worry about PMing me, getting me on the list for #4, or anything else. You take care of YOU and that beautiful family of yours. I will be keeping you in my constant prayers :D
Old 09-15-2010, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by fryguymoore
I made a mess of the two blocks I tried to make tonight.

I am sitting here wondering how I can avoid facing the day tomorrow. I have been trying to figure out what is 'wrong' with my son for 10 months, and tomorrow they will tell me but it turns out that I don't want to know anymore :( How sad is it that I hope they say his issues are due to bad parenting? :thumbdown:

Not knowing is hard. Your imagination running wild on what it "could" be is even harder. My thoughts are with you. Please let us know how it goes tomorrow hun.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:25 PM

Here's the pretty block JaneCat sent me! :thumbup:
Attached Thumbnails attachment-112158.jpe