Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155) >

Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

Old 09-21-2010, 04:09 PM

Let's see ...

Need F8's from:

mbogenpohl
new2quilting
purplemem

:)
Old 09-21-2010, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by moonrise
Lookie what Leakus sent me! Woweeeee!!! It's very 3-dimensional in person. Amazing!!! How'd you do that? :mrgreen: :thumbup:
I am glad you liked it! Did I tell you the block is part of the 20th Anniversary quilt made by Debb's Mom's staff.
The piecing is very simple, the bodies of the b-flies is done with just a rectangle 6x4, you fold the fabric towards the middle , the cornes are folded as well it is pointy and then you just pass a thread to gather the fabric. Very simple, you then attach it to the block. The flower was hand applique. I wasn't sure you would like it, I got carried away with your butterflies.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:59 PM

Ksea - I have quite a large collection of batiks - hoping to one day make a quilt called athena's puzzle. However I keep putting it off and doing other fun projects, like Boomerang 3. Someday I'll just go for it.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by jlin52
Ksea - I have quite a large collection of batiks - hoping to one day make a quilt called athena's puzzle. However I keep putting it off and doing other fun projects, like Boomerang 3. Someday I'll just go for it.
I just can't seem to keep myself from buying all the awesome Legacy Batiks that are available. I think that they are just beautiful, I'm hoping to do a complete quilt from them someday.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:42 AM

I dunno, Wendsy, I've never managed to put together a quilt big enough for our king size bed. This time I'll have it and it will be beautiful!!!
I was at the fabric store yesterday and saw some more of my fabric and wondered if I needed more. I still have 2 yards at home, but that may not be enough. Anyone got an opinion on how many yards plus 36 blocks it takes to make a king sized quilt? And do I want the back side to be my focus fabric all over?
This is really fun for me. I have 12 blocks ready to go to the post office today or tomorrow. I hope you love them as much as I do. Some of them I really had a hard time letting go of! lol

hugs, Jupiter

Originally Posted by wendsy
All the block are so wonderful, I'm always in awe of the results-especially when we all have the fabric to start with. I have had a great time with this swap and can't wait for #4-I already have ideas for which fabrics I'm going to use. :-D After receiving all these block, and how different they can be with color choice I think 2 quilts are needed to show off the squares to their best advantage.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:43 AM

give me a cup of coffee and a quiet house and I sure get chatty. Sorry for so many posts at once. It sort of looks like "The Jupier Show" on this page, lol
Old 09-22-2010, 08:48 AM

Isn't it surprising how simple a block is, once you see the pattern, and how intricate it looks If you don't know how the pattern goes? Nice pattern, lovely block!

hugs, Jupiter

Originally Posted by ksea
Originally Posted by nurse bonnie
Here are pics of the grown-ups I have already received.
Moonrise can you tell me the name of the block that you sent to nursebonnie please?
Sure! It's called Prairie Queen, and the pattern came from Quilter's Cache. Here's a link:

http://www.quilterscache.com/P/PrairieQueenBlock.html
Old 09-22-2010, 08:57 AM

Hi Robin,
You seem to be in the know on this computer stuff. What I'd like to know is how you got your "Robin" in fancy letters and color at the end of your posts.
thanks!

hugs, Jupiter
Old 09-22-2010, 09:02 AM

Loads of 'cute', Leakus! nice butterflies.....

hugs,
Jupiter

Originally Posted by leakus
Lookie what Leakus sent me! Woweeeee!!! It's very 3-dimensional in person. Amazing!!! How'd you do that? :mrgreen: :thumbup:
I am glad you liked it! Did I tell you the block is part of the 20th Anniversary quilt made by Debb's Mom's staff.
The piecing is very simple, the bodies of the b-flies is done with just a rectangle 6x4, you fold the fabric towards the middle , the cornes are folded as well it is pointy and then you just pass a thread to gather the fabric. Very simple, you then attach it to the block. The flower was hand applique. I wasn't sure you would like it, I got carried away with your butterflies.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:06 AM

I can't help you with the numbers for a king-I usually make twin bed quilts-my bed is a twin and since I mainly sew for myself-it doesn't have to be larger than that. I am trying to make a different quilt for each month-so far I have 9 months worth-summer months are missing-I did try to make a July coverlet but the backing shrunk and it looked all pruny-I packed it way and keep looking for a pattern that I like better-I have plenty of red, white and blue fabric with star themes-I just haven't figured out what to do. Other wise I change the look of my bed each month for the season or my whimsy. :lol: