Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155) >

Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

Old 11-21-2010, 04:29 AM

I have received blocks from:
bibliostone
fryguymoore
goldendog55
hoppyfrog
janecat
jlin52
jupiter
karenbarnes
kathy n
leakus
megsann
missgigglewings
montanablu
moonrise
oatw13
ok darla
quiltlin
shaysmema
wendsy

I have almost everything made. but with working 60 hours a week and deer season upon us I haven't been able to go to town for anything for a while. Other than basic groceries. Hope to get most mailed off after thanksgiving.
Old 11-21-2010, 05:01 AM

Please don't anyone think that I am in any kind of hurry, I just wanted to let everyone know where I stand and make sure that nothing is out there in the "mail zone". I won't be doing anything with my blocks until after the new year because of graduating from school.

Leakus, I will miss you if decide not to do Boomer 4. It has been so much fun chatting with you.

Quiltlin, I mailed your block on monday so you should be receiving it soon, please let me know if you don't.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:42 AM

[quote=ksea]
Leakus, I will miss you if decide not to do Boomer 4. It has been so much fun chatting with you.

Hi Ksea,
thanks for you kind words. I would tell you that I said that I might not join boomerang4 but didn't say I'll unplug the computer!!!
But I am with you, the exitement of being in the exchange does do the trick to keep us engaged in the conversation. I still have time to decide; it's been so much fun to work with fabrics that I would have never work with otherwise. My plan is to finish the last 4 blocks today (listen to me that I am sitting at the front door at the computer!); once I finish, I'll jump to some projects I'd like to do like some Christmas pillowcases and pot holders, maybe postcards and then I'll see.
love to you all
Old 11-21-2010, 08:49 AM

Leakus, I was hoping that you would say that. I don't have any quilting friends other than the ones I have met on this board and I love interacting with all of you.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by ksea
Leakus, I was hoping that you would say that. I don't have any quilting friends other than the ones I have met on this board and I love interacting with all of you.
Ksea,
I belong to a quilt guild here in my city since early this year. I have made more friends here in the forum than in the face to face guild. Don't take me wrong, I love the meetings, we get to see the quilts in person and ask about the techniques, we also enjoy lectures and there are classes offered but I don't seem to have half of the fun I have here. I hope it lasts for ever.
How many hours per week can you devote to quilt?

I can only spend a couple of hours after work 3 days a week and weekends depending of my son's activities (he is 6 yrs old).
Old 11-21-2010, 01:22 PM

I believe I never posted a pic of the blocks KarenBarnes and quiltlin sent me. Here they are, both beautiful.

KarenBarnes
[ATTACH=CONFIG]131237[/ATTACH]

quiltlin
[ATTACH=CONFIG]131238[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-131232.jpe   attachment-131233.jpe  
Old 11-21-2010, 01:54 PM

I received a super cute block from MegsAnn! I will try to post pictures soon!
Thank you. :)
Old 11-21-2010, 02:14 PM

[quote=leakus]
Originally Posted by ksea

Hi Ksea,
thanks for you kind words. I would tell you that I said that I might not join boomerang4 but didn't say I'll unplug the computer!!!
But I am with you, the exitement of being in the exchange does do the trick to keep us engaged in the conversation. I still have time to decide; it's been so much fun to work with fabrics that I would have never work with otherwise. My plan is to finish the last 4 blocks today (listen to me that I am sitting at the front door at the computer!); once I finish, I'll jump to some projects I'd like to do like some Christmas pillowcases and pot holders, maybe postcards and then I'll see.
love to you all
Leakus, until Dec 15th I am a full time student with 7 classes!! That means 34 hours actual seat time in class and then at least that many more hours in homework, so I really can't devote too much to quilting until after graduation. I also have 12 grandkids that love to spend time at Nanas house so sometimes it seems like I never get to the sewing machine but everyonce in a while when I get to feeling like that I just set my alarm for 4 or 5 am and get an hour or so in before school. My husband works out of town so when I graduate I will have lots of time. We are going to Arizona for 6-8 weeks this winter and I am refusing to fly so that I can take my sewing machine with me. If hubby refuses to drive I just might stay home.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:46 PM

MegsAnn sent this nice block this weekend. Thank you very much! See all the little pieces she used!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-131468.jpe  
Old 11-22-2010, 12:14 AM

Such beautiful blocks that everyone is sending in.The colors are wonderful. I really like the playfulness of goldendog's bear block.