Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155) >

Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

Old 09-01-2010, 03:26 PM

Ok Odessa, I am not usually not the kind of Nana that tells the parents all the bad things that the kids do while they are in my care, BUT!!, that naughty block of yours is in time out for the 2nd time tonight. She has been stubburn, naughty, loud and opinionated since she got here. I was ok with the companion fabrics she choose but I told her that I wasn't a very experienced quilter and that I thought that the block she had decided to grow up into might be a bit above my comfort level (because of all the points coming together) and she threw a hissy fit and pouted for a while, so quess what, I gave in and let her have her way. You would have thought that this would have meant that she would cooperate and but NO Way, she gave me a hard time from the start. So into time out she went, after a little cool down time for me I got her out and back to work I went and low and behold she started giving me fits again. So right now she is back in time out and I am sitting down with a piece of pizza and a glass of wine. Maybe I will let her out tonight and maybe I will just make her stay there all night. I told her if she keeps this kind of behavior up when she gets home maybe you will put her in a corner of the quilt for good. I'm hoping this changes her attitude.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:02 PM

I received my first two blocks, and they are WONDERFUL !!!!

I am posting a photo which has the block I made for myself, as well as the ones from Moonrise and Wendsy. Thank you both for making such nice blocks for my quilt.

hugs, Jupiter

My first incoming blocks! PRETTY
[ATTACH=CONFIG]109120[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-109115.jpe  
Old 09-01-2010, 05:05 PM

I had a real hard time not posting photos of the blocks I have sent out, but I guess that would spoil your surprises. You'll just have to wait! lol

Jupiter
Old 09-01-2010, 05:41 PM

F8 Alert! I got Nurse Bonnie's today.

By the way, I've been choosing the pattern, then searching through the envelopes for whose fabric would work nicely with that pattern, then finding coordinating fabrics. That's the easiest part, actually... the fabrics. I guess I'm just confident in that area. Does anybody else do things in that order or am I just creatively different?
Old 09-01-2010, 05:50 PM

Megsann that seems to be the easiet method for me also, I have a whole list of blocks I want to make and at the top of the pattern I write how many fabrics I need and I just keep going thru the envelopes till I find one I think will look great and then find fabrics to coordinate.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by wendsy
Leakus-I think I know where the house number may have gotten switched-when I addressed your envelope I used the address label you sent to me on the fabric-I read it as 5711 not 7511-but it could be my dyslexia-it really comes on when I'm tired.

The disappearing 4 patch is like a D9P-only you start a 4 patch then cut it into 9 equal pieces and reassemble them into an eye pleasing arrangement. After I had 2 rejects-didn't like them at all, looked like I just sewed 2 half blocks together, very bad there was a clear division of color and pattern I realized what I had done wrong. Had to redo 2 blocks. But It's a fairly quick block to do once you get the hang of it, I made 11 today. I found I really like the way it comes out. I found the idea on the site awhile back and decided to try it out.
Am I guilty of having the wrong address??! so sorry then, I moved not long ago and I guess I have to pay attention. Poor your grown up- got scared and wasn't her fault.
Thanks for the explanation, I read some comments about the block, I guess I have to just try it.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by ksea
Ok Odessa, I am not usually not the kind of Nana that tells the parents all the bad things that the kids do while they are in my care, BUT!!, that naughty block of yours is in time out for the 2nd time tonight. She has been stubburn, naughty, loud and opinionated since she got here. I was ok with the companion fabrics she choose but I told her that I wasn't a very experienced quilter and that I thought that the block she had decided to grow up into might be a bit above my comfort level (because of all the points coming together) and she threw a hissy fit and pouted for a while, so quess what, I gave in and let her have her way. You would have thought that this would have meant that she would cooperate and but NO Way, she gave me a hard time from the start. So into time out she went, after a little cool down time for me I got her out and back to work I went and low and behold she started giving me fits again. So right now she is back in time out and I am sitting down with a piece of pizza and a glass of wine. Maybe I will let her out tonight and maybe I will just make her stay there all night. I told her if she keeps this kind of behavior up when she gets home maybe you will put her in a corner of the quilt for good. I'm hoping this changes her attitude.
hee hee. I have a block in time out too. She has been there for days, poor thing...
Old 09-01-2010, 06:38 PM

F8 received from Nurse Bonnie today! :)
Old 09-01-2010, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by MegsAnn
F8 Alert! I got Nurse Bonnie's today.

By the way, I've been choosing the pattern, then searching through the envelopes for whose fabric would work nicely with that pattern, then finding coordinating fabrics. That's the easiest part, actually... the fabrics. I guess I'm just confident in that area. Does anybody else do things in that order or am I just creatively different?
I do it exactly opposite. I find the coordinating fabric and then find a pattern with that number of fabrics and a pattern that suits it. I usually find another pattern I like in the process and then I use your method :)
Old 09-01-2010, 06:45 PM

I have ten blocks still to make, but have to stay up all night to keep my daughter awake. [She has an EEG in the morning - no worries, just to rule out seizures as a reason for her 'day dreaming'] I am hoping to get a lot of them done, if I don't get too crazy with them!