Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Boomerang 5.0-NORTH Group

Moonrise,

Very pretty! :) Can't wait to get to work with it.

Blog Entries
    Here's the F8's that I am mailing today (need to go get more stamps this afternon :lol: )

*AngieS
    *bolin0909
    *brenda21
    *brenda5
    *carsey
    *craft phanatic

Okay ladies,
    No posting of anything unhappy here but I will probably be away for a couple of days. If you want to know why you can see my PDA:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-29288-49.htm
    I will answer any and all questions as soon as I can.
    Keep up the great work.
    Hugs
    April

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Grace
    Here's the F8's that I am mailing today (need to go get more stamps this afternon :lol: )

*AngieS
    *bolin0909
    *brenda21
    *brenda5
    *carsey
    *craft phanatic

##Just got back from the post office.
    My envelopes were .44 to mail. Guess I pressed them real flat! :wink:

All of my F8's are gone!!!! Be on the look out.... :lol: If you don't mind, can you let me know when you receive them???? I like to keep my records straight.

Thanks and have a Blessed day!!!! :thumbup:

Carole

I will let who ever's I get know as quick as I can. :) Can't wait to start working on them. :)

Got all my F8s in the mail today! Can't wait to start getting squishies in the mail. April, you're a doll to organize all this for us.

Quote Originally Posted by moonrise
    My F8's are officially on the way! Here's the fabric I sent out for the North group. Some of you will receive the focus fabric; others will receive the coordinating fabric (more navy than shown). :)
    Moonrise:
    Hope I have something I can coordinate with your beautiful fabric. If not, I may have to make a trip to the quilt shop. Darn, what a bother. NOT.

Quote Originally Posted by karenpatrick
    Got all my F8s in the mail today! Can't wait to start getting squishies in the mail. April, you're a doll to organize all this for us.
    I meant to add that it might be a little while before I can start making blocks as I have a graduation quilt to finish by May 20 and a baby quilt to start and finish by June 19. So don't expect anything from me before June 19th. I'll get them done ASAP. I can't wait to start working with ALL the fabulous fabrics I get in the mail! My mail lady is going to wonder what all the squishies are about. This is my first swap. I can't wait.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AngieS
    I will let who ever's I get know as quick as I can. :)

I will do the same.

All my F8s are in the mail to everyone on the list...for some I have included a swatch of the full range colors in the fabrics being used for the swap because some of them are not as colorful - but all are in the teal blue/green family...if you want to use white as the coordinating color fabric this will work just fine....my daughter helped pick these colors/fabrics and is hoping for a contemporary looking quilt for her apt...looking forward to receiving everyone's F8s to get started...

Regular mail in the USA was standard postage for all...Canada was only $.80.

So has everyone been able to mail these out for the basic 1 stamp? Other than the Canada ones of course. Just curious. For some reason when I go to the post office they seem to always charge me more than what I would think it should be. Just checking.

It goes back to what a lot of us have been saying - lumps and thick places made it too thick for a single stamp. But all 70 of my US went for 1 stamp/
    So has everyone been able to mail these out for the basic 1 stamp? Other than the Canada ones of course. Just curious. For some reason when I go to the post office they seem to always charge me more than what I would think it should be. Just checking.

Thanks Judy. I will definately work on that! :)

Quote Originally Posted by paintmejudy
    It goes back to what a lot of us have been saying - lumps and thick places made it too thick for a single stamp. But all 70 of my US went for 1 stamp/
    Mine went for 64 cents each except for the one Canadian.

Blog Entries
    hi everyone! I've got my envelopes written out, fabric ready and in baggies, just need a few more stamps. I'll be sharing who I send to as soon as I send! This is really fun!

I don't use starch on mine, but if anyone starches I'm OK with it.

Going out in the mail tomorrow (Thursday) are:

kreinhart742
    LauraEllen
    Lillie
    Materialgirl
    MFQS
    montanablu
    moonrise
    MsGrace
    NanaKath55

If I get anymore ready in the morning, I will post again.

Sorry I did not read your post until this evening and my husband mailed everything this morning. I am afraid I used fabric softner on my fabric square so beware when you open the zip lock bag.

mine were .84 cents each

Mine were $.64 each. Canada was $1.08.

At our post office, if you talk to a different cashier, you'll get a different price. Can be quite frustrating sometimes! :?

I meant to add that it might be a little while before I can start making blocks as I have a graduation quilt to finish by May 20 and a baby quilt to start and finish by June 19. So don't expect anything from me before June 19th. I'll get them done ASAP. I can't wait to start working with ALL the fabulous fabrics I get in the mail! My mail lady is going to wonder what all the squishies are about. This is my first swap. I can't wait.
    My mail lady knows all about the swap. If I'm in the post office when someone else comes in, she tells them all about how I mail off little pieces of fabric and get quilt blocks back. When I went in yesterday to buy stamps she was so excited because I was starting up again. (She really needs to get a life)lol But thanks to her almost the whole town knows about it... but if you consider there are only about 1200 people here that's not a lot.

There is one thing else to try -- go to the self service station inside the post office, answer the little questions the computer asks, and then ask it to calculate postage. You don't have to buy it then, but it will tell you how much it should be. Then, if it is under 1 ounce, make sure it is folded so doesn't have any 1/4" thick lumps when the seams have piled up.

Blog Entries
    Beautiful fabrics going out in this swap, I'm not playing this time, but am keeping watch for all the great blocks :lol:

Wow I feel like I am such a slacker compared to you ladies. I will get my cut this weekend.

Can someone tell me if we can use Batiks or is that not a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by kreinhart742
    Wow I feel like I am such a slacker compared to you ladies. I will get my cut this weekend.

Can someone tell me if we can use Batiks or is that not a good idea.
    It is totally your choice of fabric! fryguymoore or buddysmom used batiks last swap. So go ahead and use what your heart desires:)

Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 52 ... LastLast