Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 5.0-NORTH Group >

Boomerang 5.0-NORTH Group

Boomerang 5.0-NORTH Group

Old 06-01-2011, 03:56 AM

We sure did thanks for the reminder!!:)
Originally Posted by AngieS
Yes, I received your F8. We talked about which fabric to use with it. I got the green w/the lil bit of brown and I'm to use white only with it.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:02 AM

Not a problem. I found the perfect fabric for it. Hope to work on it sometime soon. ;)

Originally Posted by Navarre2011
We sure did thanks for the reminder!!:)
Yes, I received your F8. We talked about which fabric to use with it. I got the green w/the lil bit of brown and I'm to use white only with it.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:40 AM

Blocks being mailed this morning:

*Poker Diva
*Hey Jami
*MFQS
*Montanablu

:thumbup:
Old 06-01-2011, 07:29 AM

received finished block from selfhunter i love it will look great with the others i have received thanks for the swap

i have not received f8 from
Lillie
materialgirl

qbee

from selfhunter
[ATTACH=CONFIG]205069[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-205063.jpe  
Old 06-01-2011, 07:32 AM

Ok, I have to ask a ?. I'm just curious/nosey. When you all are doing your grown up blocks are you doing like first come first serve? Or are you just picking the ones that you know you already have the fabric for and are ready to work on.

What I'm kind of doing, I hope this is ok is trying to get the ones that I know I have the fabric all set for. This way it will go quicker. I do have a couple that I have no idea what fabric I am going to put with it because I just don't have any of that. When I had gotten several of the F8's I went right to the shop and found what would be needed so I have it all ready to go now. The others I will have to shop for so they are going to have to wait till I can get back to the shop.

Like I said, I hope that's ok. I was just wondering how everyone else was doing theirs.

Toodles.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:59 AM

I kept them in order of when I received the F8s, so that first come, first served. And by the way, do you know when you are getting your F8s sent? Waiting on yours and a few others for North.
Ok, I have to ask a ?. I'm just curious/nosey. When you all are doing your grown up blocks are you doing like first come first serve? Or are you just picking the ones that you know you already have the fabric for and are ready to work on.

What I'm kind of doing, I hope this is ok is trying to get the ones that I know I have the fabric all set for. This way it will go quicker. I do have a couple that I have no idea what fabric I am going to put with it because I just don't have any of that. When I had gotten several of the F8's I went right to the shop and found what would be needed so I have it all ready to go now. The others I will have to shop for so they are going to have to wait till I can get back to the shop.

Like I said, I hope that's ok. I was just wondering how everyone else was doing theirs.

Toodles.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:30 AM

You're the boss of what you do!
I thought I'd do FIFO (first in, first out) but very quickly I found that some fabric I had to live with for awhile to decide what fabric I would coordinate with it and what block I would do.

Now I find a block I love doing and then pull the sets that would look best in that block. All of the F8's are in an accordion style holder at this point.

Just last night I completed the block that enclosed the charm! I had to take it apart and do it twice! But I'm happy with how it looks now. Only one tip was blunted in the pinwheels (pretty good for me!). I may take that out and try again. ;-)

What I'm kind of doing, I hope this is ok is trying to get the ones that I know I have the fabric all set for. This way it will go quicker.

I do have a couple that I have no idea what fabric I am going to put with it because I just don't have any of that. When I had gotten several of the F8's I went right to the shop and found what would be needed so I have it all ready to go now. The others I will have to shop for so they are going to have to wait till I can get back to the shop.

Toodles.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy
I kept them in order of when I received the F8s, so that first come, first served. And by the way, do you know when you are getting your F8s sent? Waiting on yours and a few others for North.

Toodles.
Judy they went out yesterday.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:32 PM

Yesterday I received 2 beautiful blocks!

Cyndi - did you send the siggie block with the grown up? I didn't see it.

Thank you ladies!

From Cyndi H
[ATTACH=CONFIG]205234[/ATTACH]

From JaneCat
[ATTACH=CONFIG]205235[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-205228.jpe   attachment-205229.jpe  
Old 06-01-2011, 01:35 PM

Personally, I have always done 1st in 1st out. If they were good enough to mail early, I think they deserve to get their block back quickly. When I get the F8, I mark the date on the outside of the envelope and work according to the date. Those who mail last get their grown up block last. I dont think there is a right or wrong way and it is not listed in the guidelines, so however you decide to do it is the "right way" in my humble opinion. I think we will all be happy to receive the blocks no matter what order they come in. Happy sewing, Patti

Toodles.