Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 5.0-SOUTH Group >

Boomerang 5.0-SOUTH Group

Boomerang 5.0-SOUTH Group

Old 07-03-2011, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Difergie
Tuesday, blocks going out to Hobbycat, Karen and Mistiliz...
Whew! those are my final blocks, I am done. Have not received gal288's f8 but when I do, I will do her block.

I apologize for my block's imperfections. I am an art quilter and this is the first time I have done traditional blocks. It was a wonderful learning experience. Unfortunately, some of you got less than perfection, but know that they were done with love and thought. Some of those buggers took me forever to do and when there wasn't any of your material left over, I sent what I had. Fortunately, some of you got some well made blocks.

This epic isn't about apology, it is about saying thank you for the journey. I have really enjoyed the experience and still go to my mailbox in great anticipation every day. I would absolutely do another boom exchange.

Thanks for all your blocks I have received and am going to receive. It isn't over yet and I have some quilts to make. :lol: :lol: :lol: Back to work.....
Well....make us some artsy blocks! No one said you had to do tradional blocks! Do what you like and we will love it!
Old 07-03-2011, 01:42 PM

does anybody else get a jump of excitement when that notice comes up in e-mail saying there's a message from boomerang 5.0-south? and every day i can't wait for the mail to come! man, do i have to get a life or what??!! seriously, this has added a special dimension to my life and i just want to say thanks and what fun this is! unlike difergie i haven't sent out all of your blocks yet, but i too am enjoying the journey! where's the sign up list for the next one??!
Old 07-03-2011, 02:34 PM

Hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend! :)

Here the last two blocks I have received from troy26 and bolin0909. Thank you sooo much!

I love them both.

(Sorry the pictures are fuzzy. I am being lazy and using the built-in webcam...)

troy26
[ATTACH=CONFIG]220455[/ATTACH]

bolin0909
[ATTACH=CONFIG]220456[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-220449.jpe   attachment-220450.jpe  
Old 07-03-2011, 06:21 PM

Sorry for being MIA the last couple of days. Things at work are super crazy and busy. I have had 2 people quit and another is finishing up their last week. I have been so busy I haven't had time to do much else. So I want to let everyone know that I MIGHT have some blocks that will run late. I am working on them in my spare time. I am really sorry, but I am going to try to get everyones back to them on time.

Also this is a list of the blocks I haven gotten back so far

bookworm
Carol Hupp
difergie
donnad
goldendog55
hobbykat1955
janecat
jlin52
lmattick
missgigglewings
moonrise
oatw13
paintmejudy
shaysmema
Old 07-04-2011, 04:52 PM

I have received a great mother block from goldendog55. It has a cross of four flowers machine appliqued withpink anf yellow half-square triangles in the corners. This scrappy quilt will be better because of the many varied blocks that are coming my way. This project has opened my eyes to alot of creativity. Thank you everyone. I almost have half of my blocks done. I can't wait to finish the rest.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Carol Hupp
I have received a great mother block from goldendog55. It has a cross of four flowers machine appliqued withpink anf yellow half-square triangles in the corners. This scrappy quilt will be better because of the many varied blocks that are coming my way. This project has opened my eyes to alot of creativity. Thank you everyone. I almost have half of my blocks done. I can't wait to finish the rest.
You are doing well you are definitely an over achiever !!LOL! I love the blocks,yes blocks you did for me. Finding my sewing room table today so I can get both machines going. Not quite there yet but am better organized and real ready for some scrappy projects. I have tubs full of scraps. This is so much fun and I have a start on using some Of them as all the fabrics are from my stash! Happy 4th to all.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:05 PM

Are I the first one all done or did I see one other post before? Regardless. That is awesome. My last one will prob fly in sept at my current rate of speed.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by bolin0909
Sorry for being MIA the last couple of days. Things at work are super crazy and busy. I have had 2 people quit and another is finishing up their last week. I have been so busy I haven't had time to do much else. So I want to let everyone know that I MIGHT have some blocks that will run late. I am working on them in my spare time. I am really sorry, but I am going to try to get everyones back to them on time.

Also this is a list of the blocks I haven gotten back so far

bookworm
Carol Hupp
difergie
donnad
goldendog55
hobbykat1955
janecat
jlin52
lmattick
missgigglewings
moonrise
oatw13
paintmejudy
shaysmema
If mine is not done no worries. I am fine with late. Don't stress about me.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:48 PM

We've been out of town for vacation, and I'm still going through the mail, but I see several squishies. Will post an update & photos sometime tomorrow evening. :)

ETA: I see some PMs to answer too. I'll get on those ASAP. :)
Old 07-05-2011, 12:34 AM

Getting caught up with the squishies received while we were on vacation ... a gorgeous block from GoldenDog55, and another lovely block from a mystery person. There was no return address on the envelope and no name inside, so I'm not sure who made it. The post office didn't even postmark it, for some reason. If this is your block, please let me know so I can mark it off my list. Both blocks are wonderful! :thumbup:

Who Made This One? :-)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]221120[/ATTACH]

The envelope that the mystery block arrived in. No address or postmark.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]221121[/ATTACH]

GoldenDog55's Block - Stunning! :-)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]221123[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-221114.jpe   attachment-221115.jpe   attachment-221117.jpe