Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 5.0-SOUTH Group >

Boomerang 5.0-SOUTH Group

Boomerang 5.0-SOUTH Group

Old 07-22-2011, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by sustraley
All saran wrap is nefarious, isn't it? :lol: :lol:
I think it is! If it is not then it is at least a lesson in frustration!
Old 07-22-2011, 03:30 PM

Gosh, I feel like I haven't been here in ages!
The blocks are really starting to fly now and they are gorgeous!

I received completed blocks from cherrie, jlin52, and quiltingnonie this week. They are awesome! Thank you, all. I will post pictures soon.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:57 PM

CELEBRATION!!! I just finished my final block for this swap. (have not received F8 from gal288) As a newbie, I am quite excited to have accomplished this. I could not have done it without seeing all your blocks and the hard work you all put into them. I would be honored to have received any of the blocks I have seen here. You all have inspired me. We are all very lucky to have this board. . Now, I can just wait for the rest of my grown up blocks to come in. I hope you all like the blocks I made for you. If not, let me know, send me some fabric and I will try again. This was a great way for me to try a lot of new things. Thank you to April for her organization and hard work in putting this together. Can't wait for the next one.
Old 07-23-2011, 03:52 AM

Sustraley, I received your block yesterday. Thank you so much!
Old 07-23-2011, 04:53 AM

I have been without a computer for two weeks due to a virus that wiped out a lot of my documents etc, Grrrr. But I have it back now, so I want to send a big thank you to goldendog55, hobbykat1955, cherrio, and bolin0909 for the beautiful blocks that you all sent me. I will post a picture of each of them in a couple of days.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:54 AM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

yeah! all my blocks are done and mailed to mommy! the last 2 went in the mailman's bag this afternoon. this is such a good learning experience. I may owe KT another block. I tried applique and am not happy with the result. I will try again; just on my own fabric next time sorry KT. Can't wait for the rest of my blocks to filter in. I have 19 so far. thanks ladies!
Old 07-23-2011, 12:34 PM

wow! i've been so busy making baby quilts i've been slacking off on boom babies. guess i'd best get to gettin' 'er done!
Old 07-23-2011, 05:04 PM

I just thought I posted here but I don't see it! Very strange these computers are. I cut amd bagged everything first so have not done lots of sewing but just finished quiltedhorse's block. I was concerned there would not be enough contrast but I like it. I hope you do too. Just got a great pinwheel variation from sustraley. What is the name of this particular pinwheel? Gonna iron all I have and attempt to post pics. Am loving the bright colors. Thanks to everyone. This is so fun I already vosidering the Fun and Funky Winter swap.
Old 07-23-2011, 06:12 PM

CELEBRATION!!! I just finished my final block for this swap. (have not received F8 from gal288) As a newbie, I am quite excited to have accomplished this. I could not have done it without seeing all your blocks and the hard work you all put into them. I would be honored to have received any of the blocks I have seen here. You all have inspired me. We are all very lucky to have this board. . Now, I can just wait for the rest of my grown up blocks to come in. I hope you all like the blocks I made for you. If not, let me know, send me some fabric and I will try again. This was a great way for me to try a lot of new things. Thank you to April for her organization and hard work in putting this together. Can't wait for the next one.
Yikes - you are amazing! And fast! But...you lit a fire under my _ _ _! Thanks. I completed 3 blocks today (for DonnaD, Leann and Troy26) and will do some more tomorrow and each day until done.

We just planned a trip to NH and ME for most of August to escape the heat of PA, so I gotta get 'em done quick.

I'm burning - but thanks for the fire!
Old 07-23-2011, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by bolin0909
This is a picture of the block in question that Aunt Sue is talking about. It belongs to whoever sent me the plain orange fabric. By looking at some of the photobucket files, it appears that others did blocks with orange fabric that belongs to bolin0909. So, I still think it belongs to bolin0909 :?:
It is mine. It was wrapped in pink Saran wrap. I thought it was red. I just seen the blue fabric and thought it was Aunt Sue's. I am sorry. I should have opened it's but I honestly thought it was not mine. :oops: I am using navy and orange for this group and purples in the North group. I am sorry for all the mess up.

No problem....I will get it back to you asap!
;)