Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boomerang 5.0-SOUTH Group >
  • Boomerang 5.0-SOUTH Group

• Boomerang 5.0-SOUTH Group

Old 08-27-2011, 11:05 AM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

gal/Peg, just keep the f8 and take care o you. My dad passed 20 yrs ago and I still feel the loss. my sympathies to you and your family.
    Old 08-27-2011, 11:27 AM

I still have a few to send. Sorry for being late folks! I have been away for two weeks and I came home to a hurricane and expect power to go out any minute. Hopefully will send the rest by the end of the week.
    VaNella
    Old 08-27-2011, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by VaNella
    I still have a few to send. Sorry for being late folks! I have been away for two weeks and I came home to a hurricane and expect power to go out any minute. Hopefully will send the rest by the end of the week.
    VaNella
    I rec'd a block from you last week, but sadly, it wasn't my fabric :cry: So I returned it to you on Monday.
    Old 08-27-2011, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by VaNella
    VaNella
    no worries here. seems like Mz. Life, and Mother Nature have their own agenda. and, lol, I get the feeling neither are quilters!
    Old 08-27-2011, 11:54 AM

OH, April, how you feeling girl? seeing things any clearer yet? well wishes to you and any of our boom ladies in harms way. Mother Nature is realllly PMSing so get out of her way!
    Old 08-28-2011, 05:17 PM

Finally home from a great vacation to New Hampshire, Maine and Cape Cod. Beautiful areas and a great time.

Believe it or not, I finished all my blocks and most of them will go in the mail tomorrow. Yippee!!! We've been without power since 1am and are on generator power so I am able to sew but not press (hubby says the iron uses too much power). I just don't feel right about sending out unpressed blocks. The seams are finger pressed but the whole block needs a good pressing. Hopefully power will be back on soon.

Also, received some great blocks in my mountains of mail (it sure adds up after 20 days!). Thank you to bolin0909, craft phanatic, jlin52, Leann, and Sherrykae. I will post pix in a few days.

Congrats to whoever is the new grandma and hugs and prayers to April.
    Old 08-28-2011, 09:24 PM

Just posting a status update:

1) Missing gal288's F8

2) I'm showing that I'm missing the following blocks:

gal288
    Jennifer22206
    Karen
    Katy
    lmattick
    QuiltedHorse
    Wendsy

If you won't be able to make the deadline (or within a few days of it), may I ask that you please return my F8? That way I can make the remaining blocks myself. I didn't buy much extra fabric as it was on the expensive side, and I'd like to have the right number of blocks to complete my quilt. Thank you.

3) All the F8's I've received were completed and mailed back at least two months ago, so they should have all arrived home by now. If the post office gremlins have yet to deliver your finished block, please let me know and I'll be glad to make another one.
    Old 08-29-2011, 03:28 AM

If you won't be able to make the deadline (or within a few days of it), may I ask that you please return my F8? That way I can make the remaining blocks myself. I didn't buy much extra fabric as it was on the expensive side, and I'd like to have the right number of blocks to complete my quilt. Thank you.

3) All the F8's I've received were completed and mailed back at least two months ago, so they should have all arrived home by now. If the post office gremlins have yet to deliver your finished block, please let me know and I'll be glad to make another one.[/quote]

Same requests for the same reasons..thanks
    Old 08-29-2011, 07:34 AM

Moonrise and Difergie you blocks will go put first. Others wishing to be shuffled to the top of the pile please speak up. I probably had a dozen or more "take your time" replies so please speak up if you need yours sooner rather than later. Most stuff is at new house but LOTS not unpacked. It will be awhile Before I can easily put my hands on some notions and such but the fabrics were chosen as well as patterns for Boom blocks. The two major machines have power cords attached so we are in business. Most are cut out too. So they will be coming your way soon. So please speak up if you need yours. I love all the blocks I got and there are a couple done I will mail this week. You can send to new address now. It is 3273 Orange Street Riverside, Ca 92501. Again thanks for putting up with me for this Swap !!!!
    Old 08-29-2011, 08:58 AM

Since I just mail a few blocks Saturday and got a big suprise I thought I'd let everyone know that posting the quilt blocks have changed. At my post office-very friendly workers, they knew my fom my frequent trips inside-let me know that they have been charging wrong for me to send out the blocks. Each block I sent out was $1.71, much more than the $.64 of last time, I asked if the extra was because of the thickness-She said no, she had to send it as a package since it was more than a letter. She said they were informed that they had been charging it wrong for a long time. It kills me that most of the blocks I get are sent for $.64 and my local post office, and it is up to the people at the post office, are being very picky. Just thought I'd let everyone know to be prepared if the change comes near to you :)

Also I received blocks from Navarre 2011 and Quiltingnonie.

I am trying my best to finish all my blocks by next week at the latest.