Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 5.0-SOUTH Group >

Boomerang 5.0-SOUTH Group

Boomerang 5.0-SOUTH Group

Old 05-07-2011, 07:17 PM

Hi quilting buddies. I can't believe how fast some of you are. I did buy, wash, and press my fabric. Now I just have to cut, pack and mail...just...lol!

I'm a little behind in answering but I don't mind those miscut pieces of fabric either. I'll work with whatever you send me!!!

And the siggy block is a great idea. Just curious how you're going to mail it around. I'm not wrapping my brain around that. Is it one block that we mail back to you and you mail separately to each person or what? I ask 'cause I want to do this too.

Anyway, I received fabric today from:
LovingIzabella (I have a new grandbaby named Izabela) funny
paintmejudy
hobbykat1955 and janecat
Now to figure out what to make???? I want them all to be special and perfect!!! Nothing like a little self pressure to get me moving!!!!lol
Old 05-07-2011, 08:10 PM

OK Friends, you may or may know about me the fact that I LOVE batiks with a passion. In fact, they compromise probably 75% of my stash. Sooooo, if you do not care for them, SPEAK NOW OR FOREVER HOLD YOUR PEACE! Of course, I certainly realize that many fabrics just DON'T mix well with batiks, and I will certainly make every effort to refrain from using them where not appropriate. If you want to 'opt out' from batiks, send me a PM....I PROMISE I won't be upset ;-)
Old 05-07-2011, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingnonie
OK Friends, you may or may know about me the fact that I LOVE batiks with a passion. In fact, they compromise probably 75% of my stash. Sooooo, if you do not care for them, SPEAK NOW OR FOREVER HOLD YOUR PEACE! Of course, I certainly realize that many fabrics just DON'T mix well with batiks, and I will certainly make every effort to refrain from using them where not appropriate. If you want to 'opt out' from batiks, send me a PM....I PROMISE I won't be upset ;-)
I absolutely love BATIKS!! Infact I sent my F8s out this morning and I sent Batiks to half of you...not sure if you were in the Batik batch or not.....now I really hope so...LOL!
Old 05-07-2011, 08:44 PM

I am attempting to post a picture of the collection of brights I will be sending to you all on Monday morning.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-194484.jpe  
Old 05-07-2011, 10:57 PM

Oooh, pretty, Katy! :thumbup:

Originally Posted by quiltingnonie
I love love love batiks! :mrgreen:
Old 05-07-2011, 11:23 PM

Hi All! I sent all F8's out Saturday AM...and received squishies from the following:
LovingIzabella
moonrise
paintmejudy
shaysmema
janecat

Great Fabrics!! Can't wait to get started on the blocks....hoping tomorrow!

As for the F8's I sent, I decided I would like to do two different quilts so half of you will receive the Fall Leaf print (pics to follow)and the other half of you will receive a Batik.

For those of you who receive this fabric.....I LOVE Fall colors: Orange, Yellows, Greens, Browns, Gold,Reds, Cream and Tans. The only colors I do not want are Blues, Black and White. Have Fun!! I can't wait to see what you all do for me!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]194524[/ATTACH]

For those of you receiving the Batiks....just have fun! Any of the colors in these is fair game. Just no Black or Real Dark colors. Prints are welcome as well as Batiks. Have Fun and I can't wait to get them all home again!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]194525[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-194518.jpe   attachment-194519.jpe   attachment-194520.jpe  
Old 05-08-2011, 03:31 AM

Oooh! Those batiks are gorgeous! >drool<

Mailing Grown-up Blocks Monday:

bookworm
JaneCat x 2
Old 05-08-2011, 04:21 AM

Derby Day was good to me. TEN squishies were delivered! Some from North and some from South. Southerners were:
janecat
LovingIzabella
moonrise
paintmejudy
shaysmema
Old 05-08-2011, 04:28 AM

I have Moonrise's and Janecat's done and ready to mail. I have included a link to pictures in case you want to peek.
http://quiltswaps.shutterfly.com/pictures/8

VaNella
Old 05-08-2011, 06:04 AM

I accidentally posted in North. LOL Here is what I have received so far.

Paintmejudy
Moonrise
Shaysmema