Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 6.0 Autumn Group >

Boomerang 6.0 Autumn Group

Boomerang 6.0 Autumn Group

Old 02-07-2012, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by troy26 View Post
Havplenty did you ever find the block I sent you or do you think it is lost for good?

troy26 i had posted earlier on this thread that i thought i found the block that you mailed to me. you probably didnt see it. here is a pic of the block i believe is from you. lemme know for sure.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]309808[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails troy-26.jpg  
Old 02-07-2012, 06:13 PM

I received a block from Lillie and alikat.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:20 PM

hello,
I have finally got everything up dated. I have got some amazing blocks from everyone so far that has sent.
From what I show I only need blocks from :
Quiltin gran
Aully
fabric_fancy
eagleoneowl2u2

I am done with all of your blocks and they will be in the mail tomorrow...Wednesday February 8th...I thanks everyone again for your amazing patience and I hope you like them!
Old 02-07-2012, 06:54 PM

I received blocks from Mosher, and Lillie. Thank you so much for the beautiful blocks.

Just to let everyone know went to Boston with DH for 8 hours of testing today. We go back for the results next Monday. If the cancer has not spread surgery is scheduled for March 5th! Keep those prayers coming, I know they are working. They can't believe he is still eating without the feeding tube. He actually ate a steak tonight!

Carolyn
Old 02-07-2012, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
bibliostone what is the name of the block that you made for ncquilter? it is the purple butterfly fab with green & orange.
Havplenty, I am not sure it has a name. I've attached a picture to show the ruler that I used to make it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]309878[/ATTACH]
These two rulers make a 6 inch finished block, but I have seen them in different sizes. I used the B part to cut out ncquilter's butterflies. I sewed a green strip of fabric to an orange strip and then used the A part of the ruler to cut out that piece. I made 4 of the blocks and then sewed them together. I used the same rulers when I made moonrise's block (circle with a square in it), but in that one I used the B section to cut the strips that I had sewn together. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails ruler-small-.jpg  
Old 02-07-2012, 11:11 PM

got it! thanks. i knew there had to be an easy explanation/pattern to it, i just couldn't figure it out the way i was trying to draw the pattern. but sewing the two colors together and then cutting out the template makes perfect sense. the templates you used look like a simple drunkards path template. i would love to use a similar block in the two teenage girl quilts i am making. thanks a lot for sharing.

mary

Originally Posted by bibliostone View Post
Havplenty, I am not sure it has a name. I've attached a picture to show the ruler that I used to make it.

These two rulers make a 6 inch finished block, but I have seen them in different sizes. I used the B part to cut out ncquilter's butterflies. I sewed a green strip of fabric to an orange strip and then used the A part of the ruler to cut out that piece. I made 4 of the blocks and then sewed them together. I used the same rulers when I made moonrise's block (circle with a square in it), but in that one I used the B section to cut the strips that I had sewn together. Hope this helps.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:49 AM

Troy26..I did receive your lovely block...I'm not on here much anymore. Just too busy these days! Sorry....
Old 02-08-2012, 05:46 AM

Blocks waiting to receive.

1000 projects
Aully
Daisey
kerriV42
eagleone
Quiltin gran
Old 02-08-2012, 09:18 AM

lillie i know that you received this block because i checked my list and i received a block from you. i had included my f8 in with your completed block and the only way you could have done a block for me is if you received your block. i am sure you will eventually find it like i did with troy26's block. i had put her block to me in a basket with some other quilt things and not with my stack of completed blocks. it took a couple of days but i found it. good luck with your hunt.

mary

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
lillie did you receive the block i sent out to you on 11/7/11? here is a pic of the block please let me know.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:01 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
Is anyone going to claim the purple paisley fabric? I counted my blocks and have received 24. Better than I thought. Still waiting for the rest to come home which should be, without a couple not getting my fabric, 9 more.
quiltermomma, it think this one belongs to crafty3790...does it have pink flowers and green leaves with the paisley....i know this b/c i had recieved a mailed block back because of insufficient address (the label fell off) and had to research it. give her a holler.