Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 6.0 Now CLOSED for Signups!** LISTS HAVE BEEN EMAILED 09/29/2011 >

Boomerang 6.0 Now CLOSED for Signups!** LISTS HAVE BEEN EMAILED 09/29/2011

Boomerang 6.0 Now CLOSED for Signups!** LISTS HAVE BEEN EMAILED 09/29/2011

Old 09-07-2011, 03:14 PM

Help me process the rules. We get other quilter's f8's, use our fabric to make that into a 12 1/2" block, then send it back to the quilter where it came from and meanwhile we send out 35 f8's and gt them back as a block? Just makin' sure :)
Old 09-07-2011, 03:36 PM

That is correct. These are not true fat eighths though. They should be 18x11. Glad you are joining. This is a fun swap.

Originally Posted by Rn8or
Help me process the rules. We get other quilter's f8's, use our fabric to make that into a 12 1/2" block, then send it back to the quilter where it came from and meanwhile we send out 35 f8's and gt them back as a block? Just makin' sure :)
Old 09-07-2011, 05:59 PM

Just signed up! This is my first boomerang swap, I'm really excited to get started, it sounds like so much fun and a great time to step out of my comfort zone and try some blocks that I've been wanting to do.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:24 PM

I also am interested in seeing some previous samples of Boomerang! I love quilting and the only thing better is have quilting friends!
Old 09-08-2011, 04:41 AM

I just added links to previous boomerang swaps on page one where the swap information is so you all can see some previous work :)
Hugs
April
Old 09-08-2011, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma
NCquilter, love your avatar photo. Is that an Elenor Burns Delectible Mountain pattern?
Yes, it is! I always get the Better Homes and Gardens calendar for Christmas from my MIL. I think it was in the 2009 Calendar as January. I loved the photo and started making it. It was my second quilt.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:21 AM

I have her book and have made a few of them, that is why I recognized it. I teach this class at the LQS. It is such an easy one to make. I have even made the minature one as well.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay
Moon...it wont be the same without you doing all the excellent blocks you make! I loved seeing the different designs you were brave enough to try! Hope you join in and we get in the same group again!

Joan
I really did enjoy my educational blocks...I was amazed at how I progressed and kept trying new things. Sadly I am still missing 9 blocks coming home to me so I'll wait and see if they come back before I sign up for another. (Not counting the 2 that dropped out).

Everyone is welcome to click on the link below to see the blocks I made for Boomerang 5.East ... I used up almost every scrap of the f8's I received in the blocks.

It was VERY helpful when people enclosed notes of what they liked and goal for the blocks. It really changed which block I made for them so I could try and stay within their theme. Hopefully all of my blocks "worked" in their plans.

The ones I have received back have been super. Love all the imagination and skills.

I thinks some folks were surprised at the postage expenses...but they were warned up front it could be high.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:21 AM

I know the postage can be an issue, but I feel it is worth it for the time and effort everyone puts into the blocks. I know I received back some gorgeous blocks that i would not have made myself for my bil's quilt. It is not all at once and can be stretched over a period of time which does not make it a huge expense at once. You go without a pop a day, you have the postage to mail both ways. Diet motivation. lol.

I know that I had all my blocks finally sent out and there are a few to come back, but overall it is well worth it. There are some wonderful quilters on here and I truly enjoy looking at their work.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:22 AM

I'm in. After skipping 4 & 5 I need to get back in the groove. Still have some fabric that I used in #3 and that will add to the others and make a nice size quilt.