Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 6.0 Now CLOSED for Signups!** LISTS HAVE BEEN EMAILED 09/29/2011 >

Boomerang 6.0 Now CLOSED for Signups!** LISTS HAVE BEEN EMAILED 09/29/2011

Boomerang 6.0 Now CLOSED for Signups!** LISTS HAVE BEEN EMAILED 09/29/2011

Old 10-01-2011, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by babeyruth
OK, I give up, I have MS Office 2007 and nothing works, it only merges the first 3 addresses on the top line! No matter what I try! Sigh, I'll have to use my handwriting.

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma
It is going to be nice wokring with some of you gals that I have swapped with before on a few others. Looking forward to it. Now to decide which fabric to send.

On the labels question, depends on which version of Windows and Office you have. There is a help menue for Mailings in the Office 2007. See if that helps. It will take a lot to type up and I have to write it all out.

MS Word open
Mailings
Start mail merge
label - answer questions there
Then select Receipients, which will be the file April sent you. From there you will need to answer the questions on the tool bar to select the format of your information. Hope this helps a little.
:evil: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :shock: :shock:
try this:
Just in case anyone needs help with labels try this:
Open and save the excel spreadsheet in your documents. Open up word, click on mailings, start mail merge and then choose the step by step wizard. From the right choose labels, then next, then choose label options from right, the box that pops up 5160 is generally the 3 rows 10 per row address label format, then next to select recipients, browse and choose the excel spreadsheet, click next arrange labels click address block, match fields in the lower right, first name should be swapper name, last name & suffix not matched, company (this is optional) you can put their boardname here or not matched, address 1 will be street name, address 2 not matched, city will be city, state & zip, state & postal code will be not matched and country or region will be country. Once you select these fields click okand then ok again and then update all labels on the right hand side. Then click on next preview your labels then next complete the merge and then print on the right. You should be good to go. I would recommend not putting their board name on the labels as this may make them too large.
Hugs
April
Old 10-01-2011, 09:45 PM

April
Thank you. I went to the Avery web site and they recommended I use their wizard for free. I actually worked!! Ty to all!
Old 10-02-2011, 08:02 AM

I love the Avery Wizard. I installed it in my Word program and I use it all the time. It's even easy for me to use!
Old 10-02-2011, 08:56 AM

Judy,

You are right on. Despite my software being all up to date and I being an IT person by trade, my computer refused to cooperate. But the Avery Wiz is great and I hope it helps any others that may have the same problem.
Ruth

Originally Posted by goldendog55
I love the Avery Wizard. I installed it in my Word program and I use it all the time. It's even easy for me to use!
:-D
Old 10-03-2011, 06:54 AM

Jackpot!! Received nine F8 in the mail today. Boy did I need to feel fabric. LOL. I think it has been a week since I even looked at anything to do with fabric. It has been quite a week. My daughter went to the hospital with contractions. She is 29 weeks along. Home on bedrest for now. My son came from Florida for a job interview. Picked him up at the St Louis airport. (Won't know until later if he got the job, but saying lots and lots of prayers.) Put together and had a baby shower on Sunday. Lost my phone for a day. Well my house was a mess due to all the stuff for the shower. :oops:
Today I have to take my son back to the airport for him to fly home. It was great having all three of my kids together though. So, thanks to all of you who sent out F8 and allowed me to be sane again with "fabric therapy." (Don't even have mine cut yet.) :thumbdown:

AHHHH fabric in the mail!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]265747[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-265694.jpe  
Old 10-03-2011, 01:33 PM

Ladies
Just want you to know I mailed all of my f8's out Saturday...
Thanks & Happy Quilting
Kat
Old 10-03-2011, 01:54 PM

I just received your F8, beautiful it will be great!
Old 10-03-2011, 01:54 PM

sorry, I wish I knew how to remove this. In the previous input, I wanted to let Jillnjo know I love the gold swirly fabric I received. :oops:
Old 10-03-2011, 01:58 PM

Love this, I am looking foward to coming up with something for you. I am a newbie too!

Originally Posted by QuiltingKrazy
So I have several different FQ's I have purchased over the past few years that all have a "western" theme. Mostly brown/tan/black prints. Do you think these would work?
Maybe ask for neutral creme color to go with them?
Then put together as a scrappy "western" theme quilt?
I know we aren't suppose to say which block but I really like "star" blocks. Could I make that suggestion?
Old 10-03-2011, 02:13 PM

i'm in 2 large groups and these are all the names i've rec'd today.

daisey
moonrise (2 F8)
fromzstore (2 F8)
marcialee
roseysue
abby's mom
islandwiz1
pokerdiva
garnet1265
sarah fitz
paintmejudy
jennifer22206
rn8or

thank you all. i look for to working on each of your blocks.