Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Boomerang 6.0 Spring Group

Quote Originally Posted by marytoddliz
    They are ready to leave in the morning! Karen, I also wrote a note to tell a little about myself too. I posted pictures of the fabrics I am sending out on the other thread, i will have to bring them over here maybe tomorrow in the afternoon.

I am now heading to bed, I finished cutting and folding fabric for the other group! over the next 4 months I will make 50 blocks! This is going to be fun learning new blocks, and getting to know new friends!
    WOW!! You will be busy making fun blacks-50!! I'm busy these days, with granbabies, and getting back in the swing of things, so opted for one small group this time around. Hopefully things will be less hectic for the next Boomerang Swap for me to do more than one group!

Quote Originally Posted by deltadawn
    Here's the fabric I have chosen to send out to everyone in this group .
    Love the fabric you chose--do you care which colors we pick to go with it??

Here's the fabrics I chose for the swap: for a playful beachy theme:
    Suggested colors to use with the fabrics are: 2 shades of lime green, yellow, 2 shades of lavender and a pink
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow! Fun fabrics posted - I am excited to be part of this swap.

I am almost ready to mail things out, probably Monday as I do not yet have a letter to go with the fabric.

Now to check the spreadsheet for the destination of all these squishies!! :D

Just in case anyone needs help with labels try this:
    Open and save the excel spreadsheet in your documents. Open up word, click on mailings, start mail merge and then choose the step by step wizard. From the right choose labels, then next, then choose label options from right, the box that pops up 5160 is generally the 3 rows 10 per row address label format, then next to select recipients, browse and choose the excel spreadsheet, click next arrange labels click address block, match fields in the lower right, first name should be swapper name, last name & suffix not matched, company (this is optional) you can put their boardname here or not matched, address 1 will be street name, address 2 not matched, city will be city, state & zip, state & postal code will be not matched and country or region will be country. Once you select these fields click okand then ok again and then update all labels on the right hand side. Then click on next preview your labels then next complete the merge and then print on the right. You should be good to go. I would recommend not putting their board name on the labels as this may make them too large.
    Hugs
    April

Quote Originally Posted by yayaquilts
    Quote Originally Posted by deltadawn
    Here's the fabric I have chosen to send out to everyone in this group .
    Love the fabric you chose--do you care which colors we pick to go with it??
    Just go with whatever colours are in the print - I really don't mind , but have sent a note with the fabrics that I would prefer no patterns as it is so busy !

Mine were all sent today! Only one 44c stamp to the USA and a single stamp overseas and to Canada. I ironed the envelopes to get it as flat as possible, so now to wait for my f8ths to start to arrive!

I mailed most of my F8s today. I have to find out the postage for the other countries and then the rest will go
    Out ASAP.

This is such fun. Mine are Christmas, so you all can look forward to the holidays and start singing!
    Sue

I mailed all mine out today, postage was $8.04 for all 15. I wrapped my fabric in saran wrap and put it in a #10 envelope along with my letter and it only took .44 to USA, .85 to Canada and .98 to Australia and England.

Quote Originally Posted by sewhappy30
    I mailed all mine out today, postage was $8.04 for all 15. I wrapped my fabric in saran wrap and put it in a #10 envelope along with my letter and it only took .44 to USA, .85 to Canada and .98 to Australia and England.
    Thanks for postage info.

Blog Entries
    I spent the day sight seeing with family! It was fun, we took the ski life up to the top of Mt Baldy, and had lunch and went on a short hike.

The weather was perfect for it. I hate being dragged from my sewing room, but once I am out in the beautiful clean mtn air It was fun.

Tomorrow I mail, everything is ready to go we just go back into town to late tonight to go to post office!

Happy sewing <3

This is the fabric I sent out, I also sent little swatches of my sashing and borders fabric, but honestly do with it what you wish, I just want it to be fun! They were fat quarters that I got in a kit and I just cut them in half after I washed, I am sorry but they are a little bit shy of the full 18 X 11
    Name:  Attachment-264629.jpe
Views: 34
Size:  77.6 KB

Mary; a fun day! I've never been to CA, but have friends and relatives near Modesto. Your fabrics are going to be fun to work with-it looks like a lot of brights are going to be sent out on the swap. I can hardly wait to get started.

Mary, Love your fabric. I have the day off work Tuesday I hope I have a f8 by then to start on, I know a few mailed yesterday, so I just might have 1 or 2 by Tuesday.

I hate being dragged from my sewing room, but once I am out in the beautiful clean mtn air It was fun.
    marytoddliz: Had to quote you.....We must be true kindred spirits as that is my sentiment EXACTLY!!!

Mailing my fabric today fellow boomerangs!!!

I spent the day sight seeing with family! It was fun, we took the ski life up to the top of Mt Baldy, and had lunch and went on a short hike.

The weather was perfect for it. I hate being dragged from my sewing room, but once I am out in the beautiful clean mtn air It was fun.

Tomorrow I mail, everything is ready to go we just go back into town to late tonight to go to post office!

Happy sewing <3
    Love the fabrics...they all look like fun!!

Blog Entries
    I sent out all my fabric today, but I had a left over address label when I got home!

I sent out 50 envelopes, so if you got two from me but should have got one, let me know!

Right now I am just saying a little prayer that I somehow printed an extra label!

I received my F8 from roseysue yesterday.....what to make?!?!?!

Question: did anyone go to the post office counter to mail international, since the envelope has fabric in it or did you just mail with postage suggested for weight????

Blog Entries
    I went to the counter for all my envelopes, I did not have to fill out custom, papers, but I did have to pay more postage. It was less than $2.00. I can't remember the exact amount. But I also had to put two stamps on each envelope since they were too fat to get through this measuring device they had. I was just so happy to get them in the mail. I know what I did wrong this time, I put them in a small envelope and the baggie would not stay up-puffy, next time I will use cling wrap!

Question: did anyone go to the post office counter to mail international, since the envelope has fabric in it or did you just mail with postage suggested for weight????

Blog Entries
    Thanks, the fabric is fun! I used to live near Modesto, I lived in Madera which is about 1 hour away. Right now I live in Southern Calif in the San Bernardino Mtns. It is near Arrowhead, and Big Bear. It is really beautiful here but we are a little ways away from shopping, so I do a lot of online shopping.
    Quote Originally Posted by jillnjo
    Mary; a fun day! I've never been to CA, but have friends and relatives near Modesto. Your fabrics are going to be fun to work with-it looks like a lot of brights are going to be sent out on the swap. I can hardly wait to get started.

I went to the counter for all my envelopes, I did not have to fill out custom, papers, but I did have to pay more postage. It was less than $2.00. I can't remember the exact amount. But I also had to put two stamps on each envelope since they were too fat to get through this measuring device they had. I was just so happy to get them in the mail. I know what I did wrong this time, I put them in a small envelope and the baggie would not stay up-puffy, next time I will use cling wrap!

Thanks. I also made mistake of getting "clasp" envelopes--so I took the clasps off the int'l ones. I also used 2 stamps for each of the other ones. We will know next time.

My Quilt is intended to be a Christmas theme with those colors. If you got a pointsettia, a fussy cut pointsettia for the center, like a 6 1/2" opening,Or whetever you would you would like.I was thinking , this close Christmas, everyone would have those colors.

Any more questions, let me know. Just have fun!

roseysue

Thanks, the fabric is fun! I used to live near Modesto, I lived in Madera which is about 1 hour away. Right now I live in Southern Calif in the San Bernardino Mtns. It is near Arrowhead, and Big Bear. It is really beautiful here but we are a little ways away from shopping, so I do a lot of online shopping.
    So do I. It is easier to tend to go overboard that way - so many choices and in a comfortable chair.

Quote Originally Posted by Roseysue

My Quilt is intended to be a Christmas theme with those colors. If you got a pointsettia, a fussy cut pointsettia for the center, like a 6 1/2" opening,Or whetever you would you would like.I was thinking , this close Christmas, everyone would have those colors.

Any more questions, let me know. Just have fun!

roseysue
    Sorry, roseysue, to confuse you...I didn't mean to ask you what to make....I meant for me...I assumed a Christmas theme by the fabric and have a couple of ideas.

Hello everyone! I am hoping to find a f8th in my mailbox tomorrow or tuesday. It's so fun to see what others pick out and then to choose a block pattern that will make the fabric sing! I love to quilt, but think it is so fun to share it with others.

Blog Entries
    I agree, it's the friendship part that is the best part. I love fabric, you can tell by my sewing room, it is overflowing with all kinds of different fabrics! I can't wait to get my first package! it should be a lot of fun! I agree that sometimes it begs to be used in a specific way!

Hello everyone! I am hoping to find a f8th in my mailbox tomorrow or tuesday. It's so fun to see what others pick out and then to choose a block pattern that will make the fabric sing! I love to quilt, but think it is so fun to share it with others.
    Right now I am working on a keepsake quilt for a customer who recently lost her sister. When I work with the items sent to me to put into a keepsake quilt, I try to imagine that person and who they were! I love doing keepsake memory quilts, the joy of the memories is awesome....OK back to work for me!

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast