Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 6.0 Spring Group >

Boomerang 6.0 Spring Group

Boomerang 6.0 Spring Group

Old 10-01-2011, 06:20 PM

I sent out all my fabric today, but I had a left over address label when I got home!

I sent out 50 envelopes, so if you got two from me but should have got one, let me know!

Right now I am just saying a little prayer that I somehow printed an extra label!
Old 10-02-2011, 08:30 AM

I received my F8 from roseysue yesterday.....what to make?!?!?!

Question: did anyone go to the post office counter to mail international, since the envelope has fabric in it or did you just mail with postage suggested for weight????
Old 10-02-2011, 09:15 AM

I went to the counter for all my envelopes, I did not have to fill out custom, papers, but I did have to pay more postage. It was less than $2.00. I can't remember the exact amount. But I also had to put two stamps on each envelope since they were too fat to get through this measuring device they had. I was just so happy to get them in the mail. I know what I did wrong this time, I put them in a small envelope and the baggie would not stay up-puffy, next time I will use cling wrap!

Originally Posted by yayaquilts

Question: did anyone go to the post office counter to mail international, since the envelope has fabric in it or did you just mail with postage suggested for weight????
Old 10-02-2011, 09:21 AM

Thanks, the fabric is fun! I used to live near Modesto, I lived in Madera which is about 1 hour away. Right now I live in Southern Calif in the San Bernardino Mtns. It is near Arrowhead, and Big Bear. It is really beautiful here but we are a little ways away from shopping, so I do a lot of online shopping.
Originally Posted by jillnjo
Mary; a fun day! I've never been to CA, but have friends and relatives near Modesto. Your fabrics are going to be fun to work with-it looks like a lot of brights are going to be sent out on the swap. I can hardly wait to get started.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by marytoddliz
I went to the counter for all my envelopes, I did not have to fill out custom, papers, but I did have to pay more postage. It was less than $2.00. I can't remember the exact amount. But I also had to put two stamps on each envelope since they were too fat to get through this measuring device they had. I was just so happy to get them in the mail. I know what I did wrong this time, I put them in a small envelope and the baggie would not stay up-puffy, next time I will use cling wrap!

Thanks. I also made mistake of getting "clasp" envelopes--so I took the clasps off the int'l ones. I also used 2 stamps for each of the other ones. We will know next time.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:55 AM

My Quilt is intended to be a Christmas theme with those colors. If you got a pointsettia, a fussy cut pointsettia for the center, like a 6 1/2" opening,Or whetever you would you would like.I was thinking , this close Christmas, everyone would have those colors.

Any more questions, let me know. Just have fun!

roseysue
Old 10-02-2011, 11:58 AM

Thanks, the fabric is fun! I used to live near Modesto, I lived in Madera which is about 1 hour away. Right now I live in Southern Calif in the San Bernardino Mtns. It is near Arrowhead, and Big Bear. It is really beautiful here but we are a little ways away from shopping, so I do a lot of online shopping.
Mary; a fun day! I've never been to CA, but have friends and relatives near Modesto. Your fabrics are going to be fun to work with-it looks like a lot of brights are going to be sent out on the swap. I can hardly wait to get started.
So do I. It is easier to tend to go overboard that way - so many choices and in a comfortable chair.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Roseysue

My Quilt is intended to be a Christmas theme with those colors. If you got a pointsettia, a fussy cut pointsettia for the center, like a 6 1/2" opening,Or whetever you would you would like.I was thinking , this close Christmas, everyone would have those colors.

Any more questions, let me know. Just have fun!

roseysue
Sorry, roseysue, to confuse you...I didn't mean to ask you what to make....I meant for me...I assumed a Christmas theme by the fabric and have a couple of ideas.
Old 10-02-2011, 02:02 PM

Hello everyone! I am hoping to find a f8th in my mailbox tomorrow or tuesday. It's so fun to see what others pick out and then to choose a block pattern that will make the fabric sing! I love to quilt, but think it is so fun to share it with others.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:53 PM

I agree, it's the friendship part that is the best part. I love fabric, you can tell by my sewing room, it is overflowing with all kinds of different fabrics! I can't wait to get my first package! it should be a lot of fun! I agree that sometimes it begs to be used in a specific way!

Hello everyone! I am hoping to find a f8th in my mailbox tomorrow or tuesday. It's so fun to see what others pick out and then to choose a block pattern that will make the fabric sing! I love to quilt, but think it is so fun to share it with others.
Right now I am working on a keepsake quilt for a customer who recently lost her sister. When I work with the items sent to me to put into a keepsake quilt, I try to imagine that person and who they were! I love doing keepsake memory quilts, the joy of the memories is awesome....OK back to work for me!