Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 6.0 Spring Group >

Boomerang 6.0 Spring Group

Boomerang 6.0 Spring Group

Old 10-04-2011, 09:43 AM

Yeah! I can't wait to get it! I am going to work on yours tonight, I had so much fun matchin yours up, since I have it in my stash! I have to run, got a lot to do before I meet with my newest customer and, her friend who I met right here on the Quilting Board. I am making a memory keepsake quilt for her. I have to think of something really special to do for her friend who got us together...finders fee :-) = Quilt block or fabric???

Originally Posted by sewhappy30
Just finished my first block. It is so bright and cheerful, guess who's that would be...marytoddliz
Now on to my next one.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:48 AM

I made it to the post office today and mailed a f8 to everyone. I thought it might be expensive, as I have not mailed things internationally lately, and the rates seem to rise daily. But it was not. Anyway, you all can be expecting to see some 'spring' coming your way.

BTW, I did not realize until addressing the envelopes that we are such a wide-flung group. Wonderful! I look forward to seeing what blocks we all choose for each other.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
I made it to the post office today and mailed a f8 to everyone. I thought it might be expensive, as I have not mailed things internationally lately, and the rates seem to rise daily. But it was not. Anyway, you all can be expecting to see some 'spring' coming your way.

BTW, I did not realize until addressing the envelopes that we are such a wide-flung group. Wonderful! I look forward to seeing what blocks we all choose for each other.
I love spring, can't wait to get your f8. I had never mailed international and was really worried about the rates myself, but it only cost me $8.04 to mail all 15 of mine out. Not bad I thought.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by babeyruth
Advice:

What is the best way to figure out how to end up with a 12 1/2 " square?
I started to look at patterns last night and some are 9", 10", etc. I've never done a block that I had to send to someone else, so now it matters. For my own sizes I didn't really care as long as they are more or less came squared out in the end same sizes.
I thought it would be easy, but now I realize I will need to go through alot of 'mock ups' to get the sizing down right. :cry: Since I want to experiment learning new blocks.
It can be quite difficult to change pattern pieces to make a different size block. It is by far the easiest to use a pattern that will make a finished 12" block and so when you get it sewed , it will actually measure 12 1/2". If it seems a bit overwhelming to match points, there are lots of gorgeous blocks that do not have triangles in them! I hope you find what you need and have an enjoyable time!!
Old 10-04-2011, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by deltadawn
Wow ! I received a F8th today - sure arrived quickly .
FROM JILLINJO

Am sending mine out next week due to work commitments so you may get your completed block back with my fabric .
Wow-already?? It must have been flown over to you express!! Looking forward to receiving yours soon.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:08 AM

When I first started doing swaps years ago I made 8",9"&10" patterns and then put a border around them so I could trim them to the correct size.
Paper piecing is my favorite method right now and it's very easy to come out the the correct size if your 1/4" seams are right on target.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:45 AM

Just finished my second block...jillnjo it's headed your way tomorrow. Now to check my mailbox, the mailman should have ran by now, hope I get lots of f8's today.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:20 AM

Great reminder, thank Shelley!

Originally Posted by hoppyfrog
When I first started doing swaps years ago I made 8",9"&10" patterns and then put a border around them so I could trim them to the correct size.
Paper piecing is my favorite method right now and it's very easy to come out the the correct size if your 1/4" seams are right on target.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:43 PM

I received F8 today from Susan and sewhappy30! I got the rest of my international F8th's out today, I am keeping the receipt for next time, so I know how much stamp to put on without having to go inside the office!
Old 10-04-2011, 12:45 PM

No f8's today in my mailbox. I'll just have to work on some other ufo's I've got.