Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Boomerang 6.0 Winter Group

Quote Originally Posted by Roseysue
    The only person who responded to the choice show or no show is PokerDiva who asked to not show ahead.

Now I need to know what the rest of you want to do
    Do I post the picture now or do you want to post it when you receive it?
    Please let me know so I know which way to go.

Thanks, roseysue
    In the Boom 5 East group, we decided to NOT post the blocks as we made them (except to a different personal thread) and let the person that received the block do the posting. That way it was a surprise to the receiver and up to them to share on this thread. Once in a while the receiver wouldn't be able to post a picture and might ask the sender if they could post the block for them.

I've seen where some think it's hard to keep a separate thread for the blocks they made but I didn't find it hard at all. When I made a block, I'd post on this thread that I was sending home a block for "so and so" and if they wished to "peek" they could go to page "X" on my other thread, which was noted below all my comments (as mine still shows for Boom 5 right now). This allowed me to share my blocks with everyone else on the board as well as giving the receiver (and all others) a chance to peek.

I plan to continue this posting method once I get the chance to start on some blocks. I'll create a new thread and label it accordingly.

If you post your block just on this thread so many others won't get the chance to enjoy your block because they don't click on a swap thread they aren't part of....in my humble opinion.

Blog Entries
    roseysue-- that's a good idea! i know jennifer222? does that. i think i will do it, too! then do you start another thread of the blocks you've rec'd? or do you post them here so the makers know you've rec'd the blocks? so many options!!
    i like the grown up blocks i'm going to receive to be a surprise. i prefer to post them when i get them! i love sussies! and squishies! and suspense! (this message brought to you by the letter S. LOL)

Incoming squishie F8ths from :
    janecat
    Kris2011
    Garnet1265
    oatw13

Grown-up blocks going out this morning to:

babyfire04
    oatw13

Blog Entries
    Please don't show my block. I will post after I get it. I like to be surprised. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moonwork42029
    The only person who responded to the choice show or no show is PokerDiva who asked to not show ahead.

Now I need to know what the rest of you want to do
    Do I post the picture now or do you want to post it when you receive it?
    Please let me know so I know which way to go.

Thanks, roseysue
    In the Boom 5 East group, we decided to NOT post the blocks as we made them (except to a different personal thread) and let the person that received the block do the posting. That way it was a surprise to the receiver and up to them to share on this thread. Once in a while the receiver wouldn't be able to post a picture and might ask the sender if they could post the block for them.

I've seen where some think it's hard to keep a separate thread for the blocks they made but I didn't find it hard at all. When I made a block, I'd post on this thread that I was sending home a block for "so and so" and if they wished to "peek" they could go to page "X" on my other thread, which was noted below all my comments (as mine still shows for Boom 5 right now). This allowed me to share my blocks with everyone else on the board as well as giving the receiver (and all others) a chance to peek.

I plan to continue this posting method once I get the chance to start on some blocks. I'll create a new thread and label it accordingly.

If you post your block just on this thread so many others won't get the chance to enjoy your block because they don't click on a swap thread they aren't part of....in my humble opinion.
    Hi,

I like that idea, because knowing a block I have made will be shown in a special place-puts my mind at ease and then I can go forward and see that that has been done.

My problem is, how to set up this separate thread. Is it possible to tell me how to do it, so I can do this too?

I would really like to do it this way and then each person has the option to look ahead or not.

If you are able, please give me the directions, I would really appreciate it. Thanks A Bunch,
    roseysue

Blog Entries
    at the top of this page (and every page, actually) there is a list of options. click on create a topic. write what you want the title to be, write whatever you want to say, example: boomerang 6.0 winter- blocks by roseysue (title). then: here are the blocks i've created for members of the boomerang 6.0 winter swap. then you post the pictures. easy-peasy! :-)

Hi,

I like that idea, because knowing a block I have made will be shown in a special place-puts my mind at ease and then I can go forward and see that that has been done.

My problem is, how to set up this separate thread. Is it possible to tell me how to do it, so I can do this too?

I would really like to do it this way and then each person has the option to look ahead or not.

If you are able, please give me the directions, I would really appreciate it. Thanks A Bunch,
    roseysue
    Once you create a new thread (create a new topic heading), then you can add that thread info into your profile signature area and everyone can just click on it to see your new babies.

I have received a completed Snowball block from Moonrise! Yeah! My first completed block has come home to mama. Thank you so much.

I have also completed 4 blocks for fromzstore, pokerdiva, moonrise and roseysue. They will be mailed tomorrow so be on the lookout.

Can someone tell me how to put the link for a Photobucket album under my signature? That way you can look if you want. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by moonrise
    Grown-up blocks going out this morning to:

babyfire04
    oatw13
    I had to peek :) I Love it!!!! It's perfect. Thank You!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnet1265
    I have received a completed Snowball block from Moonrise! Yeah! My first completed block has come home to mama. Thank you so much.

I have also completed 4 blocks for fromzstore, pokerdiva, moonrise and roseysue. They will be mailed tomorrow so be on the lookout.

Can someone tell me how to put the link for a Photobucket album under my signature? That way you can look if you want. Thanks!
    Go to my profile:
    Scroll down til you see Signature Box:
    Type something like this and post your link:
    (Boomerang 6 Swap)http://www.your link.com (Don't Peek if you want to wait until you get your block)

I love the blackford beauty.... good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011

Go to my profile:
    (Boomerang 6 Swap)http://www.your link.com (Don't Peek if you want to wait until you get your block)

Quote Originally Posted by girlscouts1

Go to my profile:
    I agree..and she claims to be a beginner too! :thumbup:
    Hugs
    April

Cyndi H update for October 11:
    All fat 8ths were mailed out on October 3

I've received so many fat 8ths it'll be easier to list the ones I HAVEN'T received:
    alikat110
    Aully
    deltadawn
    fabric_fancy
    girlscouts1
    joanelizbay
    moonwork42029
    mosher92
    nancia
    Ok Darla
    sustraley

Grownup blocks have been sent to everyone who sent me a fat 8th except for goldendog55 and jennnifer22206, whose fabric arrived today.

I have received one grownup block - from moonrise.

Please don't post my grownup blocks (the ones made for me). I want them to be a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmejudy
    Beautiful blocks received today from CyndiH and Sarah Fitz -- love them both, you captured exactly what I was looking for!

But could I ask that you post pictures? I cannot find the cord to connect the camera to the puter. The floors are being all torn up and I had to move the computer into the sewing room. There is a leak in the slab and I had to pack everything up -- living, dining, family and den. Ugh. Thought I moved everything I would need for the month into the sewing room but do not know what happened to the connecter cord.

Here ya go!

Sawtooth Star for Judy B
    Name:  Attachment-269600.jpe
Views: 16
Size:  63.4 KB

I received F8s from:
    Jennifer22206
    OK Darla
    Lv2sew2011

Blog Entries

Go to my profile:
    Thank you, the block was a pain for me...LOL but I finally did it will the Mr. Seamripper help...

it really is stunning... yeah to mr. Ripper. I know him too....lol. I wont attempt this block... so kudos to you.
    Cant wait to see what you make for me.... If I ever get my fabric in the mail...

Go to my profile:
    Thank you, the block was a pain for me...LOL but I finally did it will the Mr. Seamripper help...

so today I received envelopes from:
    Jennifer D.
    Mary W.
    Kerri V
    Judy B. 2
    Eagleoneout242
    I meant to get mine in the mail and when i had the PO lady weigh one to be sure I put enough on, she insisted it was a package (due to the fabric she could feel) and wanted to charge 1.70......!!!! I walked about with my envelope... Put one in the mail and will wait anxiously to see if they will send it back as she said they would.

today i've rec'd the following

babyfir04
    eagleoneowl2u2
    goldendog55 (two)
    okdarla(two)
    jennifer22206
    ncquilter
    kerriv42

Blog Entries
    Today I hit major mail success. :)

For both Autumn and Winter:
    Fat Eighths from:
    NCQuilter
    Kerri V
    JaneCat
    eagleoneowl2u2
    OK Darla
    babyfire04
    goldendog55 (x2)
    troy26
    Daisey <- got it. Came in a package that said loose mail. The envelope was totally torn up. But, your fabric is safe! And I got the roosters.

Grown ups from:
    moonrise (x2 - Autumn and Winter)
    PokerDiva (Autumn)
    Babyfire04

Blog Entries
    My fabric would be easy to recognize when I get it sent. Its either lavendar or dark purple. :) Got F8s today from Goldendog55, Jennifer 22206 and Abbys Mom. Beautiful F8! will work on them soon. I like seeing what everyone has made, whether it be on the main page or a private link! I use the private page just in case someone doesnt want to see what Ive made them.

ok, everyone will be getting my f8 soon. After much stress from the postman I gave up and went to another post office and got them out without a hitch. That is just to funny. Anyway they are on the way. Who knew you would get charged 20 cents more just because my fabric is in a sandwich bag? I have a question for those who used some form of sticky suran wrap. What is it called and where do you purchase it? Happy quilting all. I can't wait for my boomerangs to find their way back to me.

That happened to me at the post office when I had him weigh the ones for Canada and England. He knew it was material since it was on the customs paper I filled out. Just went to another post office and had them checked for postage and sent them out. Haven't gotten any back.

Page 12 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast