Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 6.0 Winter Group >

Boomerang 6.0 Winter Group

Boomerang 6.0 Winter Group

Old 10-24-2011, 07:35 AM

Grown up block going home today also to fabric fancy. All my f8s are done. Still waiting for Aully, nancia, delta dawn. WOW only three left to go. Good job everyone.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:41 AM

While I was on vacation, I received F8's from Kris 2011, alikat110, fabric_fabric and joanelizbay.

That means I'm only missing F8's from three--Aully, deltadawn and nancia. No rush--just keeping track!!!!

I received lovely blocks from three people also.

Beautiful block from RoseySue
[ATTACH=CONFIG]276459[/ATTACH]

Stunning block from joanelizbay
[ATTACH=CONFIG]276460[/ATTACH]

Wonderful block from Cyndi H
[ATTACH=CONFIG]276461[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-276406.jpe   attachment-276407.jpe   attachment-276408.jpe  
Old 10-24-2011, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by moonwork42029
Originally Posted by nancia
ok, i have a question for you all: i tend to do fairly simple blocks. does anyone feel like that looks as if i didn't put enough effort into it? i feel confident i will get the simpler blocks right and give you a fairly well done block. i was reading another thread and people were disappointed if they received a simple block. would you rather have a well done block or a fancy block? in time i'll be more confident and branch out, but i don't want to delay everyone while i struggle with new blocks. please, let me know how you feel!
Nancia -- these are just HST arranged differently...it's amazing how many patterns you can come up with just a simple little starting point. I actually paper piece the HST so they are "squared" (check out block central for a template...let me know if you can't find it and I'll find the link again). If someone is disappointed by a "simple" block it's their ego problem...everyone starts somewhere (like me) and each block is made with care and attention. I will try "harder" ones sometimes when I want to but I'm sticking with just a few patterns this time around so I can get them done.

The only time I've been disappointed is when the block is actually only 12" instead of the 12.5 needed...it's hard to figure out how to make it bigger by just a small amount and not ruin the block scheme...but all the other blocks thrill me.

She posted this on my other thread but wanted others to provide their input on her concern :)
This is all new to me as well. I have a friend that I sew with and she has done this lots, so when I am with her thats is when I try something challenging. Other than that when I make blocks on my own they tend to be simpler. I love all blocks simple or hard. I hope no one expects more than I do. I am being very careful about the measurement as I have recieved a couple that are only 12" and can see where that may be an issue.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:01 PM

F8's in the mail today from Aulley and Nancia.

On a side note I would like to say I would rather get a simpler block made well than a complicated block with its problems. This is not to say that I do not love every block that I receive. I just don't want anyone to feel they have to do a difficult block for me. I love them all.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:09 PM

I want you to make whatever blocks you're comfortable with. As long as you're happy with the block, then I'll be happy.

I do know that rulers differ slightly, so I always try to send a 12.5 or a bit larger (according to my ruler, and I use 2 different rulers to check)
Old 10-24-2011, 01:21 PM

I received 2 wonderful blocks today from:
Sarah Fitz
Moonwork42029
Old 10-24-2011, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by marcialee
Originally Posted by joanelizbay
Finished blocks going out tomorrow: Aully, fabric fancy, Alikat110. Pictures are posted. Also sending out the last of my F8 to Delta dawn girlscouts1 lv2sew2011 nancia. Ive sent out all the finished blocks that I received F8 for. Please let me know if you havent received the finished block, most were mailed 10/10, 12, 15 or 21.
I haven't recieved anything from you as of today 10/24
marcialee
I recieved your f8 and my block which is beautiful will post later. Thanks so much.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:52 PM

I have mailed out all the grownup blocks for those of you that have sent me your F8. (Happy to be done for a while)
Old 10-24-2011, 01:52 PM

This is the best swap I've been involved in, everyone is participating and timely, it has been a pleasure!!!! Plus the blocks that are coming home are beautiful!!!!
Old 10-24-2011, 02:04 PM

thanks for the responses to my question! i would hate for anyone to be disappointed, or not like what they received bacause they felt i was just coasting. i'm sorry some have not rec'd my f8's yet. the last bunch should go in the mail tomorrow. this is a MUCH faster group than the laast boom i was in. hope i can keep up!! will do my best. i'm finishing up some earlier projects that are due this week, well, actually i'm down to the last one! then i will start on blocks. i'm loving the fabric!!