Boomerang 7.0-FIRE Group

Old 06-20-2012, 07:47 AM

I got beautiful squishies in the mail - Monday got one from QuilterMomma and yesterday got one from Jacquie - really have to go down to the girl cave, take the camera off the charger and take some pictures! Showed my grown-up blocks off at my Fibre Arts Group Sunday afternoon, everyone was in awe of all your talents!

My thumb nail finally got long enough I could cut off where it broke without any blood, so will be back sewing by this weekend, have a LOT of catching up to do, it was so painful when it first happened, kept on forgetting when I would try to open the pop-top cat food cans - told the fur-bearing mousetraps that I empathized with them about not having opposable thumbs, they didn't care, just wanted their FOOD!
Old 06-20-2012, 01:14 PM

I rec'd a few great blocks lately:
from goldendog55: your curved piecing is fabulous!
QuilterMomma: your 8 pt star turned out perfect!
jacquie: such an interesting block and I LOVED your newsletter!
Thank you all.

Only need 2 blocks!!!!! From tildiemae and MdmSew'n'sew.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:27 PM

I had surgery last week, too. I really tried to get all of the blocks done before it, and only have one more to go, but I made it, except for one block. I'm just not able to always post when I receive blocks. It's a difficult recuperation, with re-casting every 2 weeks, and can't put any weight on my leg for at least 2 months. It sounds like a lot of us are having surgery or babies this summer.
ND Quilts, how many more months do you have yet? I hope you can get as much as possible!
To everyone who has had surgery, I hope you have a fast recovery!
Old 06-21-2012, 04:02 AM

Judy - Baby is due in January. I had a good dr appt yesterday and hope to only have restrictions for 4 more weeks.

All- remaining blocks are in envelopes waiting for the post. Hopefully MIL can take them tomorrow. I'll let you know when they definately go out.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:36 AM

Wow! It has been a rough couple of months for everyone! I wish everyone a speedy recovery, and a wonderful summer! I only need a couple more blocks, myself. Haven't been "home" for over a week. After work I go to ball games, then out to MIL to stay with her overnight until she feels more comfortable being alone, I get up in the morning, stop at home to dress/shower, then back to work. It really is not all that BAD, just keeps me from my passion, which is sewing. Will get it all together over the weekend, I hope!!! Great blocks EVERYONE!
Old 06-21-2012, 07:15 AM

You busy lady buslady. Keeps us young right? Did you get my block or have you been able to check mail yet? Just making sure you all receive your grown up blocks. Mailed 17 of them and only heard from 4.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:43 PM

just wanted to post an update.
Thank you for the blocks I just received this week from quilterMomma , jacquie and April. My quilt is going to be beautiful thank you all.

Still waiting on blocks from Linda C, Mdmsewnsew, NDquilts, tildiemae yayaquilts and yosamitesa. no hurry just an update.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by wanda lou View Post
just wanted to post an update.
Thank you for the blocks I just received this week from quilterMomma , jacquie and April. My quilt is going to be beautiful thank you all.

Still waiting on blocks from Linda C, Mdmsewnsew, NDquilts, tildiemae yayaquilts and yosamitesa. no hurry just an update.
Tee hee!!! I have it cut out, laid it out to show hubby last night how it will look and he said this one and the one I made for jacquie are the coolest blocks he has EVER seen. A girlfriend of mine had decided she wants her quilt to look just like the block I'm making for you. I hope you like it at much as everyone else!!!
Old 06-22-2012, 07:03 AM

So...I need y'alls help!!! At work one of our admins had a baby last night (I'm filling in for her while she is out while doing my lab work as well). Well, as soon as he was born, they couldn't get him to breathe. They got him in NICU and thankfully he is breathing and breathing on his own without the ventilator. She delivered around 8:25pm and finally got to see him for the first time at 2am. He is still in NICU and she hasn't had a chance to even hold him. Please say a prayer for this new little family. This is her first baby and it was a traumatic delivery for both her and the baby. They really need all the prayers they can get. On a positive note, the baby was 8 pounds 8 ounces and 18 inches long.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:36 AM

wandalou I have yours cut out and ready to sew, but won't have time to sew it until I go to my quilt retreat the last weekend in June. (grandson's dedication this weekend!)

I did finish blocks for Janelle and LindaC, will mail those home soon.

So sorry for your loss LindaC. The loss of a beloved family pet is so hard.

Last edited by yayaquilts; 06-22-2012 at 07:40 AM.