Boomerang 7.0-FIRE Group

Old 08-13-2012, 05:53 AM

Thank you Quiltingnonie, I loved working with the red fabric - and seeing all your blocks together, I definitely have to add a red/unbleached muslin quilt to my bucket list - I tried to put the pattern page in everyone's envelope so they would know the name of the block and a little bit about why I picked it for them - I do have a tendency to overthink everything, so feel free to ignore my ramblings, but understand that I loved every minute of playing with all your wonderful fabrics - I think my brain doubled in size with this swap!

Originally Posted by quiltingnonie View Post
Yayyyy! Rec'd my final block today from Madam Sew N' Sew and I love it! Thank you also for the pattern - I will most definitely use it.

These blocks will compose the center of a civil war type quilt for DH. He mentions EVERY time that I make a quilt, that I've never made one for him! (All the quilts I have kept are either on our walls or couches) DH LOVES civil war history - in fact our entire bedroom is decorated in red, grey and blue.

Thank you all so much for participating with me. I really enjoyed it.

BTW, his birthday is the end of Oct, so need to get crackin' on putting it all together. (Of course, there is always Christmas...!)
Old 08-13-2012, 06:04 AM

thank you MdmSewN'Sew, for a goooooorgeous block!!! wow you worked hard on this one!! i agree, the colour placement is wonderful this way!!

i'm off to go and lay out all of my blocks, and will take a picture of them!!
see you soon!!!
xxxxx
Old 08-13-2012, 06:43 AM

here's my collection of blocks from you lovely ladies!
1 block is mine, and there are 2 other blocks from friends. this way i have a nice 4 x 5 quilt top. i love them all! thank you everybody!!!
Attached Thumbnails red-white-boom-7.jpg  
Old 08-13-2012, 07:23 AM

Jacquie those look great!!!
Old 08-13-2012, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingnonie View Post
Yayyyy! Rec'd my final block today from Madam Sew N' Sew and I love it! Thank you also for the pattern - I will most definitely use it.

These blocks will compose the center of a civil war type quilt for DH. He mentions EVERY time that I make a quilt, that I've never made one for him! (All the quilts I have kept are either on our walls or couches) DH LOVES civil war history - in fact our entire bedroom is decorated in red, grey and blue.

Thank you all so much for participating with me. I really enjoyed it.

BTW, his birthday is the end of Oct, so need to get crackin' on putting it all together. (Of course, there is always Christmas...!)
This is striking - I assume you sent the red fabric and then did you request that ONLY white be used with it?
Old 08-13-2012, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by marybrace View Post
This is striking - I assume you sent the red fabric and then did you request that ONLY white be used with it?
Quiltingnonie sent us the red fabric and asked us to use only unbleached muslin, even sending a small square of it with her red fabric - the red fabric has a luscious texture, it is so exquisite I had to run out and buy a bunch of it at my lqs - and pairing it with the unbleached muslin was a match made in quilter's heaven. I plan on making a quilt for myself using turkey red and unbleached muslin - I can hardly wait!
Old 08-14-2012, 04:58 AM

Looks like you'll have a nice quilt Jacquie! Thanks for the picture.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:20 AM

"""WOW""" ...... Absolutely Love this quilt top!!!! Jacquie, it's beautiful ..... bright - cheerful colors! Will be seeing you soon. (((HUGS)))
Originally Posted by jacquie View Post
here's my collection of blocks from you lovely ladies!
1 block is mine, and there are 2 other blocks from friends. this way i have a nice 4 x 5 quilt top. i love them all! thank you everybody!!!
Old 08-14-2012, 06:28 AM

how very pretty!
Old 08-14-2012, 07:58 AM

I received my last block in the mail last night form madm sew n sew. It is absolutely stunning. I will photo and post here asap, been busy with garden and longarm that I have not had much time except to post at work because I can grab a few moments here and there. it is a stunning lbock and well worth the wait. You did great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!