Boomerang 7.0-WIND Group

Old 03-17-2012, 08:31 PM

Difergie, I have tried to send you a message, not sure if it a problem with the boards, my computer or me! I had a few issues with your block, I did a paper piecing and did not check it first! UGH... I made you another block but I had very little of your fabric as I used a lot in the paper piecing... So short version of a LONG story I am sending you two blocks.

I can tell you this I learned a lesson! Don't use someone else's fabric on a pattern that you have not checked out first! If you don't like either block just send me another F8 they say the third time is a charm.

And BTW... If you decided to teach Hubby how to quilt and he is a chatter box (I love him Dearly but...) you might want to wait till he is out of the house before you try a new pattern that tales a little concentration.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by sapdoggie View Post
No need to return the leftovers. I still have some of the fabric if I need to add to the quilt.
Same for me , No need to return scraps.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:46 AM

I have had the same happen to me! Usually with regular piecing. With paper piecing it usually comes out exact unless the computer prints the size out wrong. Hey, I get two blocks..that is awesome....thanks
Originally Posted by marytoddliz View Post
Difergie, I have tried to send you a message, not sure if it a problem with the boards, my computer or me! I had a few issues with your block, I did a paper piecing and did not check it first! UGH... I made you another block but I had very little of your fabric as I used a lot in the paper piecing... So short version of a LONG story I am sending you two blocks.

I can tell you this I learned a lesson! Don't use someone else's fabric on a pattern that you have not checked out first! If you don't like either block just send me another F8 they say the third time is a charm.

And BTW... If you decided to teach Hubby how to quilt and he is a chatter box (I love him Dearly but...) you might want to wait till he is out of the house before you try a new pattern that tales a little concentration.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:13 AM

Marybeth
That is the wonderful thing about the boom swaps. It encourages us to try things and we learn as we go. Sometimes we learn what not to do and sometimes we learn something fabulous. Either way it is a wonderful experience and you have to give yourself kudos for even trying
Hugs
April
Old 03-18-2012, 07:44 AM

I received 2 squshies in the mail.
Difergie
LDugas31
Old 03-18-2012, 12:42 PM

April, you are so right! I love learning new blocks. I sew for my customers but not traditional quilting. I make keepsake quilts out of their items, so I really miss the adventure of making new blocks. I have learned so much here that I am now starting to throw in a few traditional blocks. My customers love it! nothing like getting a tee shirt quilt back with a few special filler blocks thrown in.

I am amazed as I look out my window today at the Foot of snow!!!! The first day of spring is in a few days, we have had super mild winter and now spring is going to be snowy!

I guess we are going for a walk in it! UGH.... Hubby wants to go play, and get some pictures. Oh well it keeps me young~
Old 03-18-2012, 12:47 PM

Got an F8 from Difergie this week! I will be mailing all of mine out tomorrow. This is my first swap EVER, so please let me know if I do something wrong (cutting, postage, etc.)
Old 03-18-2012, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Difergie View Post
Wow, that was fast..none here yet!
I took a smart pill today. I will be putting your Grown-up Block in the mail tomorrow. I hope you like it.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:50 PM

Snow? Send a little our way!! The area is so dry from lack of snow this winter. I wonder what our summer will be.

Waiting on those squishies! Then I will get started, too.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:59 PM
Power Poster

Got my fabric all cut and packaged today- will take to the Post office tomorrow - here is what to expect warning it is different , has a lot of motion to it [ATTACH=CONFIG]320949[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails picture-287.jpg