Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 32 of 69 FirstFirst ... 22 31 32 33 42 ... LastLast

Thread: Boomerang 9.0 PACIFIC O Group Thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by urgodschild2 View Post
    POST OFFICE confusion or maybe a solution. Ok I had to go to the post office for international mailing. So the lady feels the envelop and says well it has fabric so it has to go as a package for over $6. I said no I don't think so, I have mailed these all along and it has never cost me that much. So the gal was real nice and asked the clerk next to her and she said no it goes with just the surcharge so it was only the regular price $1.10. So I asked her why is it different for every post office and even clerks????? She said it has to do with the machines. If the flimsy envelope with material in it does not go through the machine just right.....it cost more money. So they try to catch it before it screws up the machine I guess. Now the other day I got a grown up block from someone who put in a blank piece of thin cardboard with the square. No problem I asked my son about it and he gets mail with thin cards sent to him and they are always surrounded by thin pieces of cardboard so that they will go through the machines. So I am going to try this. I buy from teh comic store.........100 thin cardboard things that I use to wrap my material on to organize it on my book shelf. So I am going to try those and see if that works. Oh these things cost me $8.00/ 100. I was thinking that if it was sent out to others that you could collect them and reuse them on another one that you send out. Maybe that is the solution. ????
    Now that is just abut what i was going through only with domestic mail, and oh check this out, i mailed for something else and this board and it took 8 days from ks to get to the UK, it took 3 days to get to china, and it took 17 days to get to North caraloina, now that is jsut wrong i think the pony ezpress would go faster in teh us if u ask me,
    SPREAD THE LOVE-- hug a child, share a smile, be kind, and let a loved one , and an animal know that you care,,,, it costs nothing but a minute of a day, so do not delay.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Abby's Mom View Post
    Just updating my list: Missinng F8's from girlscouts1, lovingrandma, Mosher92, & Tracibug. No pressure - just want to make sure that my records are right!

I've received beautiful blocks from:
    Arizona Kat
    country1
    dahna42
    Elisabrat
    girlscouts1
    goldendog55
    jaba
    jaydee3
    joanelizbay
    Lestrong
    ljdugas
    Moonrise
    moonwork
    NanaKathy
    oldcatlady
    quiltingmommy
    RoseIrish
    TheMamaHauser
    twinriverfarm
    urgodschild

Please let me know if I have missed anyone! My blocks have been very slow to go out, but I will do better - I promise!

minei is on the way and no hurry , we still have tons of time,
    SPREAD THE LOVE-- hug a child, share a smile, be kind, and let a loved one , and an animal know that you care,,,, it costs nothing but a minute of a day, so do not delay.

Rec'd F8th from Hope in KS today.
    Country1
    Country 1

Blog Entries
    moonrise i have to ask u what the name of this block is, and if it has no name what are the segment measuremnts please, I think that will make a great border block on a quilt i am making my neice, just love the concept never saw one like it Attachment 399789

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Country1 View Post
    Rec'd F8th from Hope in KS today.
    Country1
    great that be me lovngrandma so glad i sent several different fabrics out so have fun and no hurry

Blog Entries
    just an FYI, those of you who are speeding through the boom and might need a few more, i will do up to 10 side swaps, must pm me and let me know u want to do a side swap and how many u want , all 10 will be different fabrics, and I will well begin on working on mine a little faster as i am having eye issues and my eye doctor has the flu and i will see him nezt wendesday , instead of tomorow

rec'd F8 from lovinggrandma and ninakk today

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Ninakk got both of your F8's in the mail today. Will sew them in the next couple of days and get them back to you.

Blog Entries
    Got your F8 today lovingrandma. Thanks!
    People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel!

This is the link to my albums for all Boom swaps.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...99-albums.html

To frenchfryqueen. AHA, a peeping Tom or maybe I should say Tomasina. My first swap also and I am having so much fun.

DRUM ROLL for the next ten minutes before weather turns buggidy I am posting pictures hopefully lots of pictures. I have been on minimal oxygen when it comes to the internet for the last two weeks, we just got it BACK! but two feet of snow due in the next 24 hours. oh great. no net. sigh.

here they are next posts will be pics then who sent them and whose fabrics I received back. Phew so many so lovely they will make one heck of a grand conglomeration of wonderous blocks.. yeah whooooo!!!!

Name:  azkat.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  649.4 KB AZ kat, Name:  jane donnell boom 9.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  675.6 KB Joan D., Name:  judy bowers boom 9.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  658.9 KB Judy B., Name:  kelly hauser boom 9.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  649.4 KB themamahauser Name:  joan baysinger boom 9.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  616.5 KB Joan B. thank you all for these beautiful blocks and wait. There are more!!!
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Name:  phannie return boom 9.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  686.2 KB Phannie very pretty thanks!
    Name:  pumpkin blocks 008.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  706.5 KB I am so sorry I cant find the name (bad bad bad me)

and roseirish I cant find the pic I took of your pretty block did you perhaps post as I asked to show everyone the fascionista? that you made for me? cool pumpkin shades, hat, perky red lips .. I did get it and hope you know that it was appreciated.

thank you everyone!

here ar ethe last two fabrics in I received: jayne D in Tx and babyfireby? firby? got your fabrics.

I think there are only a couple left outstanding. I need to rapidly post in the other sent received catagories before all is lost!!! for a day or two. I swear its a massive withdrawal not being able to post or send things or check mail.. it took a mile and five hours it seemed when I could get one. I will pray all is normal for a bit again.

HUGS!!!!
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by lovngrandma View Post
    moonrise i have to ask u what the name of this block is, and if it has no name what are the segment measuremnts please, I think that will make a great border block on a quilt i am making my neice, just love the concept never saw one like it Attachment 399789
    It's called Slanted Diamonds. The pattern is available on Quilter's Cache. Here's a link: http://www.quilterscache.com/S/Slant...ondsBlock.html

I just finished up your F8 ... and it turned out to be a funny coincidence! (You'll see when you get it in the mail ... or if you want to peek, there's a photo in my sig line.)

Awaiting F8s from girlscouts1, Mosher92, and Tracibug.
    Last edited by moonrise; 03-05-2013 at 05:21 PM.
    Have a wonderful day! If you need to contact me, please use the e-mail address on my profile page. Sometimes I don't get notifications that I have a PM here. Please note that I'm usually unavailable on weekends, but I'll get back to you on Monday.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT View Post

The second mailing went out Monday a week ago. There were 11 adults. I got confirmation from OldCatLady, moonrise and moonwork42049. The other 8 are missing in action. If you received an adult and your name isn't here, please let me know you have it. If you already posted and I missed it, I'm sorry :-(
    I rec'd mine. I need to post my weekly status but haven't gotten a chance to yet. Sorry!
    Mischief Managed.

Blog Entries
    got f8 from Jaydee and immediately got to work on the block. pic in album on profile page. it was strictly off the cuff so to speak as no pattern was ued--just a general idea in my head.

Blog Entries
    Name:  fashionista pumpkinhead.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  75.5 KBhere you go Elisabrat. Fashionisa Pumpkinhead

I received f8s from: lovngrandma and tracibug today.

Quote Originally Posted by roseirish48 View Post
    got f8 from Jaydee and immediately got to work on the block. pic in album on profile page. it was strictly off the cuff so to speak as no pattern was ued--just a general idea in my head.
    I really like the block, very unusual...J

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roseirish48 View Post
    Name:  fashionista pumpkinhead.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  75.5 KBhere you go Elisabrat. Fashionisa Pumpkinhead
    PH I love it LOve it, so cool, i may try and make me one , so cute

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
    It's called Slanted Diamonds. The pattern is available on Quilter's Cache. Here's a link: http://www.quilterscache.com/S/Slant...ondsBlock.html

I just finished up your F8 ... and it turned out to be a funny coincidence! (You'll see when you get it in the mail ... or if you want to peek, there's a photo in my sig line.)

Awaiting F8s from girlscouts1, Mosher92, and Tracibug.
    thank u so much, i went to look and love it , but also love how u have yours formatted , so neat and so cool your album and how u set it up, i will have to work on mine and start posting some of the pictures i have on my computer, not in the boom yet but the ones i have made for other groups

Blog Entries
    moonrise , had to look since i sent out many different fabrics and want to know another the horses r for both my neice and my little one, so that will be so cool, i knwo now it will be gretas a border corners are somethign im still making it in my head, its for christmas so got a ways and sent out fabric and side swaps and so love this

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    here ar ethe last two fabrics in I received: jayne D in Tx and babyfireby? firby? got your fabrics.

HUGS!!!!
    Could it be babyfireo4?
    http://babyfire04.blogspot.com/
    If it makes you happy, it's worth the time!

Received an F'8 from lovingrandma yesterday. only missing two..mosher92 and tracibug
    Mailed a finished block to Lestrong yesterday too.

yes yes it could babyfire thanks, I was in such a hurry to post I couldnt quiet make out the handwriting but its here!

I am going to spend the day making a few blocks. I am so not fast like some of you six, eight blocks in a day OMG I am two or three four if I am having a crazy good day. Lightening bolts all of you! but if a couple walk out of here every couple days well they all go home. I like that. I am listening to heavy rain soon to be snow. its been one heavy delay this "big snow storm" was to hit us at 10 pm last night. well here it is 5 a.m. just hitting hard but its right at 36 degrees and if it doesnt drop neither does that snow. so rain is good. I like rain. we need rain. bad. fire if I havent mentioned is a big big fear for me, we live in the forest. like kindling all around me so wish me a deludge of rain. I can take it

Does anyone have a pic of all the blocks they have so far? I plan on taking a group shot. Its truly amazing having only done boom 8 before that this one with my theme fabric has probably the most cohesive blocks. Its like everyone got together and said ok I will do this you do that... it all works. ALL of them gives me room for thought for the NEXT boom. laugh I am already planning an encore.
    Linda

Blog Entries
    I have everyone's blocks but Mosher92 and Tracibug.

Blocks I've sent: Abbys Mom, dahna42, Elisabrat, Gaijin, jaba, joanelizbay, Lestrong601, ljdugas31, Lovingizabella, Moonrise, moonwork42029, oldcatlady, Phannie, RoseIrish48, Roseysue, TheMamaHauser, travelinggramma, Twinriversfarm.

Blocks I've received: country1, jaba, jaydee3, joanelizbay, Lestrong601, ljdugas31, Moonrise, quiltingmommy, TheMamaHauser, twinriversfarm.

I brought the camera into work to post pictures . . . but forgot the cord. Can anyone say dis-organized?

Page 32 of 69 FirstFirst ... 22 31 32 33 42 ... LastLast