Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 9.0 PACIFIC O Group Thread >

Boomerang 9.0 PACIFIC O Group Thread

Boomerang 9.0 PACIFIC O Group Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by moonwork42029 View Post
Jaydee... you'll get a giggle from this ...

Dad -- Got a lot of good blocks in ... best get yours going
Me -- Dad we've got until June 1 to get them done besides I don't see you doing any
Dad -- That's what I got you for
Me -- What if I kick off ...who is going to do the blocks then
Dad -- I'll just call that lady in Texas and have her come up and do them, cackle cackle cackle
Me -- Oh thanks, now I see how easy I can be replaced
Dad -- more cackle cackle cackle
I did have a laugh...I think your Dad must be a joy. Mom was somewhat depressed the last year of her life and not as much fun, but I do have fantastic memories and really wish I had her back, so enjoy and cherish every day that you have him... Oh, and I did tell him I was going to be in Paducah for quilt show, so let him know I could just make a side visit and make those blocks.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:41 PM

By the way, Moonwork, did you know there is a Possum Trot, Tx? It is a tiny unincorporated community that has adopted over 70 foster children. Some of them the worst abuse cases. They have performed miracles with these children and are still at it.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:02 AM

Jaydee, yep thats it. Very pretty block and the tiny border really sets it off! Great job! Moon...I just love the posts about your dad! So lucky to have him still with you. I was 34 when my dad died and 42 when mom died. Ours was like a yours mine and ours family..I have neices and nephews older than I am..my twin brother and I were born when mom was 40....My kids are 16 years apart so I have a granddaughter just 3 years younger than my own son. Enjoy each and every minute with him! And give him a hug for me and I can dream its MY dad!
Old 03-04-2013, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by jaydee3 View Post
By the way, Moonwork, did you know there is a Possum Trot, Tx? It is a tiny unincorporated community that has adopted over 70 foster children. Some of them the worst abuse cases. They have performed miracles with these children and are still at it.
How cool is that? We're too small to have a post office but we do have "official" city name signs (provided by the state even) to proclaim you're in Possum Trot.

Anyone that is going to the Paducah Quilt show, let me know because I am only about 15 minutes from there. I will be helping our LQS (at her shop - Odds & Ends in Benton, KY) most likely as she stays open until 11pm during the show and we have a blast. We play strip bingo, show and tell and just enjoy visiting with everyone.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by marcialee View Post
AZ Kat, all my fat8s went out on the 6th of Feb. I hope you got it, but if not let me know and I will send you another one. Marcialee
Just checked my list. Got it!
Old 03-04-2013, 07:18 AM

I might have to make a quick trip to Benton one eveniing. PM me you cell number and I will contact you.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:24 AM

I was just sitting here thinking, If everyone has mailed their F8's to me WHAT am I going to do for 3 months until the next boom starts?? Maybe I need to re-think making them as I get them so I can have something to do!! LOL...This has been the smoothest swap so far! Thanks everyone
Old 03-04-2013, 11:33 AM

Yes it has gone smoothly and I'm loving it! This way I can get the quilt designs picked out, sewn together and quilted. They will be totally done before the next Boom instead of being a UFO. See joanlizbay there is an upside to all this.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:00 PM

I guess you are right Jaba because I now have 4 finished boom quilts just waiting to go to the quilters instead of blocks laying everywhere! That is an up side but I sure miss my mailman!
Old 03-04-2013, 01:30 PM

I am so excited about this swap and sorry that I didnt find it a few booms ago. I will definately join next time. It will be fun to have the quilt finished before the next one starts.