Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Besties Group-Besties Post Here (Those interested in Boom 5 please check page 108) >

Boomerang Besties Group-Besties Post Here (Those interested in Boom 5 please check page 108)

Boomerang Besties Group-Besties Post Here (Those interested in Boom 5 please check page 108)

Old 01-26-2011, 06:57 PM

everyone is getting great blocks!!!
Old 01-26-2011, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Obsessed
Originally Posted by Sweetness
Thanks :) Yours is next up...pattern & fabric were picked before I got sick. Hopefully by the weekend it'll be done!
I **love** hearing this! Today was a squishy-free day. :(
Well...you'll like this even better I hope! Your grown up block was mailed out with the others today. So hopefully you'll have it for the weekend :)

Today was a squishy free day here too. :(
Old 01-26-2011, 07:40 PM

A quiet day for me here. Mailman didn't leave me any squishies! :(
Old 01-26-2011, 07:41 PM

No squishies for me today either. :( Maybe tomorrow. I did get 2 grown-ups yesterday, tho. And here they are.

from moonrise
[ATTACH=CONFIG]168781[/ATTACH]

from carsey
[ATTACH=CONFIG]168782[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-168776.jpe   attachment-168777.jpe  
Old 01-26-2011, 08:14 PM

I bought my fabrics yesterday! (2, but they coordiate.) As soon as my hubby and housemate are done with the washer they'll be prepped and ready to send to everybody. :)

Megan
Old 01-26-2011, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Lillie
Received Mistilz ( envelope open and light fabric very dirty. I am going to soak and hand wash to try to clean before I make your block.)1/25/11

Ladies please note the PO ate Missgigglewings fabric but was able to send a mangled envelope to me in a plastic baggie.
Received grown up block from Carsey and will post pick this weekend. Love the block and thank you.
Lillie,
I can mail you a piece if you like. I am so not trusting USPS anymore! I think I am going to get bubble envelopes just so the blocks will arrive safely.
Let me know!
Old 01-26-2011, 11:04 PM

I can work with the smaller pieces if that will help! I know what you mean about cutting wrong size. I did the same thing on my fabric! Send smaller piece to me! :)

Originally Posted by Chigger Holler Quilter
Originally Posted by Qbee
OK....first...if you are doing both groups you will see this same post on the other group as I will be copying and pasting over to that thread. So...here we go...

I NEED HELP!!!! Seriously, I think we need to do a tute on how to cut the fabric...LOL. I originally cut all my fabric too big. Figured that out really fast when I ran out so fast...LOL. No big deal...I was cutting Fat QUARTERS by mistake. So, got more fabric and used what was cut wrong to cut them right.... Long story short, here is my issue...for some reason I am ending up with HUGE waste. I now have 17 pieces of my fabric that are about 7 inches by 18 inches. Is anyone else having this much waste? I have all but 12 envelopes totally ready to send out and my LQS is out of the fabric...if that tells you how much I have messed up on cutting this! Anyway, so I can either send something different to those 12 folks OR send the smaller pieces of 7 by 18. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!
I haven't gone to look to see if I have received your F8 or not, but if you haven't sent mine I will work with the smaller piece if it helps you! Maybe you could pm the others you still need to send to and see if they would mind receiving a little smaller piece. We're all together in this! :) Don't stress!
Old 01-27-2011, 08:11 AM

Small pieces are fine with me too. I end up cutting anyway. :thumbup:
Old 01-27-2011, 09:01 AM

I've received more grownup blocks...will post pics by tomorrow! Don't have time to climb the ladder to check right now! I also came up with a life saver for me on organizing. I got a small photo album that will hold about 70-80 pics. I am cutting a little square off of each F8 mounting it on a small piece of paper with senders name, board name, addy, and group. Slipping it in on one side and going to put picture of the block I make out of it on the opposite side (facing)...even if I don't get the grownup pictures printed and in there right away, I'll be able to match the fabs and slip in later. I also am keeping the f8s in envelopes that I will return grownup blocks in...already to go with name and addy. (that way they're somewhat safe and I shouldn't have to get confused. LOL!) I'm only putting the sample in the book as I take them out of envelope. Hope maybe one of these ideas will help someone
Old 01-27-2011, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by MegsAnn
I bought my fabrics yesterday! (2, but they coordiate.) As soon as my hubby and housemate are done with the washer they'll be prepped and ready to send to everybody. :)

Megan
Way to Go, Megs! I just used what I had so will be making four smaller quilts. (which will be okay with me....I'm thinking my mailman deserves something for all of this! lol) Can't wait to see your fabs! I still have your IRR center and will be finishing and mailing it soon! I'm going into town this afternoon on a search for (I hope) the 'just right' fabric! (I think I'm getting a little bit dizzy here with all the swaps I've signed up for!) A lesson learned, I hope! :) Take care! ps did you read my tips on keeping things straight with this block swap?