Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10 >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

Old 01-11-2010, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
I got five blocks last week, mailed three completed back, then got 11 today. I will try to mail them back in same order except, of course, the Canadians and little Izzy's. I thought I'd try to make them all different but...we'll see. With so many to deal with, I need to try to allot my time somewhat evenly and not get too overboard on each one. We don't want to burn out -- especially if we consider doing another boom swap after this one. I mailed my fabric this am as well. Postage seemed to depend not only on weight, but also on whether the postlady could slide the envelope through a slot on some cardboard form. So I guess we need to squeeze as much air as possible out of the envelopes to keep the prices down.
you are right about that. I got away with 44 cents on mine except the Canada ones which were 75 cents. Not bad I think.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:58 PM

Lol, mine were $1.59 each, the post office worker was pretty witchy and gave me a laundry list of reasons why it couldnt be cheeper, and why it had to be "first class." Some bs reason about it being "merchandise." I should of argued, but I was so taken aback by her rudeness I just stood there. Oh well.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:00 PM

mine didn't mail for .44. had to put a little extra postage on them. mailed about 1/2 of them out. will go back to post office tomorrow and get more postage for these other ones that i have ready! i love getting the mail now, this is fun! can't wait to start in on the first set of blocks--hopefully that'll be later tonight.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:13 PM

Curious question: is anyone considering doing the same block for everyone/for half the list? Or are you all planning to do 35 different blocks? I am considering of picking out a few and repeating, but I don't know yet what I will do.

I have a block that I have picked out that I can see working with alot of different fabrics.....I am a fairly new quilter so want to make sure that I picking a block that I am confident making!! That being said I'll make the final decision once I see the fabric!
Old 01-11-2010, 02:23 PM

i'm not sure what i'm doing for blocks. guess i'll just see "what the fabric tells me". so, they may be all different and some may be the same kind of block. guess it'll have to be a SURPRISE!!!
Old 01-11-2010, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by blueribbontoes
Lol, mine were $1.59 each, the post office worker was pretty witchy and gave me a laundry list of reasons why it couldnt be cheeper, and why it had to be "first class." Some bs reason about it being "merchandise." I should of argued, but I was so taken aback by her rudeness I just stood there. Oh well.
Now you know why they have the reputation of going postal on each other. The Post Office ranks only behind the DMV as places I don't want to go to. That's pretty bad considering the gyn. and dentist are both on that list.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:51 PM

hit the jackpot today!! received squishies from:
Barbara Day
Lori Hovey
Odessa
Barb Spurr
Cindy Helbig
Kimberly Whispell
April Burka
Andee Roll--thanks for the bookmarker with my name on it--that's awesome!! I love it
Well ladies: looks like I have tons of blocks to do so i'd better get at it. hopefully you'll be receiving my material in the next couple of days!!
Old 01-11-2010, 03:31 PM

I am also trying to do them in the order I receive them. But, I will try to get the ones going to Canada turned around faster.

So far, I am letting the fabric inspire me. I am on my third F8 and my third different block. I am also trying to step outside of my comfort zone and try some new things - without the commitment an entire quilt would be.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:04 PM

Well so sad, guess I'll have to work on blocks tonight, still no water.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:51 PM

I received a bunch of F8's today and I have some questions.

Barb S do you have any ideas on colors/ a look you are going for???

Cindy-Can we add our own purple, blue, green or orange?? Or do you want us to just use the two pieces you sent?

Anita-Do you want colors added to your black and white or do you want black & white only???

Off to plan for the rest of them..