Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10 >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

Old 01-01-2010, 07:16 PM

If you add sashing and such you can do a 4 x 4 center and use 2 blocks in the opposite corners top and bottom. I am actually going to use a panel in the center in each of mine and then plan the 18 blocks around it perhaps with some setting squares or something :-)

And Susie-think positive-we'll get 36...I think we can I think we can lol

Hugs
April
Old 01-01-2010, 07:17 PM

This is just waaaaay more exciting than I had hoped it would be...and we haven't even really had to do anything that can't be undone yet! Geez, I had never even thought about making 3 quilts...pretty smart, MadQuilter, I knew I was going to learn something...Thanks! And susiequilt's indecision was another revelation..I'd not even considered choosing background fabric (neutral)...but I can see how that would be very interesting...of course, I'm one of those that thinks LIME is a neutral...teeheehee! Anybody else wondering when the rest of our Boomerang Gang is going to sign up? Come on yall, you know you don't want to miss out on this...
Old 01-01-2010, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Bobbinwinder
This is just waaaaay more exciting than I had hoped it would be...and we haven't even really had to do anything that can't be undone yet! Geez, I had never even thought about making 3 quilts...pretty smart, MadQuilter, I knew I was going to learn something...Thanks! And susiequilt's indecision was another revelation..I'd not even considered choosing background fabric (neutral)...but I can see how that would be very interesting...of course, I'm one of those that thinks LIME is a neutral...teeheehee! Anybody else wondering when the rest of our Boomerang Gang is going to sign up? Come on yall, you know you don't want to miss out on this...
It is sooo exciting. The possibilities are endless really when you think about it. Nancy in LA said hey if this is popular maybe we could do one every three months then we would have 4 tops for ourselves by the end of the year-or if you decide to split it into 3 tops per swap it would be 12 tops!
And the colors are always a fun idea. I am sending what I would actually like to be used as my background fabric for the swap and then have people add co-ordinating colors :-)
And you definetly don't want to miss this one-it is going to be an awesome swap!
Hugs
April
Old 01-01-2010, 08:06 PM

if there is still room, I soooo want in!! lol
Old 01-01-2010, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by cjt_mama
LovingIzabella is running this one...send her a pm with your info to sign up. Glad you're interested! Welcome!
Old 01-01-2010, 09:09 PM

I want to do this!!!!!!!! I hope it's not too late!!!
Old 01-01-2010, 09:37 PM

It would be nice to return the left-over fabric to the original person so it can be used in a border. Or even a block or two for the back (can't remember what pieced blocks on the back is called - back art?) Anyway, there are cute borders that can be made out of the left over scraps.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Bobbinwinder
Originally Posted by cjt_mama
LovingIzabella is running this one...send her a pm with your info to sign up. Glad you're interested! Welcome!
I did, I am just waiting to hear back :) Thanks for the welcome!
Old 01-02-2010, 05:23 AM
Power Poster

yes, i still want to do this!!! pm on the way :)
Old 01-02-2010, 06:19 AM

Got you ladies so glad you decided to join us! This is going to be a truly fun swap!
Hugs
April