Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10 >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

Old 01-22-2010, 09:46 AM

How is everyone doing? Everyone having a good time? CJT-BobbinWinder are you gals ok?
Hugs
April
Old 01-22-2010, 10:03 AM

I'm doing great and loving it!!!!
I am finding some fabric challenging to find that "just right" coordinating fabric. Other's I am puzzled on what to do with the block....should I piece this one, or cut a big square and applique something? Should I piece AND applique....hmmm. what to do with this one. And I am constantly (and I know this is dumb) wondering if my blocks are going to be "good enough", is the owner going to like it...lol. I LOVE EVERY block I get and treasure each one, so I know others will too! The very idea that someone took the time and thought to make lil' ol me a block! I just adore each one!
So...I am having to tell myself to QUIT stressing...this is FUN! Not necessarily perfect! Geesh :shock:
Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
How is everyone doing? Everyone having a good time? CJT-BobbinWinder are you gals ok?
Hugs
April
Old 01-22-2010, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by kysmommy2
I am finding some fabric challenging to find that "just right" coordinating fabric. Other's I am puzzled on what to do with the block....should I piece this one, or cut a big square and applique something? Should I piece AND applique....hmmm. what to do with this one. And I am constantly (and I know this is dumb) wondering if my blocks are going to be "good enough", is the owner going to like it...lol. I LOVE EVERY block I get and treasure each one, so I know others will too! The very idea that someone took the time and thought to make lil' ol me a block! I just adore each one!
So...I am having to tell myself to QUIT stressing...this is FUN! Not necessarily perfect! Geesh :shock:
Hugs
April
I agree, we cherish each & every block, what quilts we will have when were all done & ready for the next!!!
Old 01-22-2010, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by buddy'smom
Originally Posted by kysmommy2
Hugs
April
I agree, we cherish each & every block, what quilts we will have when were all done & ready for the next!!!
I find myself stressing the same things...then I remember how much I love the ones I am getting. Enjoy your blocks ladies...I know I am.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:19 AM

LOL.....sounds like we have all been stressing about "good enough"......I'm sure we are all doing the best we can on any given day......it is what it is and its all good!!!
Have a wonderful day ladies......I'm off to get my mail!!!
Old 01-22-2010, 10:20 AM

I am doing great, still trying to pick out block patterns and material. Have just started my first two. lots more to do.

sewspecial

Hugs
April
Old 01-22-2010, 10:27 AM

purplemem: we are all concerned about you -- consider yourself in the center of a very large group hug. Like April said, please let us know if we can do anything to help you out--you don't need any additional stress in your life. We are all anxious to hear any updates and are thinking very positive thoughts.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:31 AM

I'm also having a great time -- I have found so many sources for block patterns that I never knew existed, I'm having as much fun looking at and for patterns as I am making them. It's amazing what's "out there" on the internet. I've had the excuse to finally pull books off of the bookshelves that I haven't opened since I bought them. I probably have printed out enought patterns for several more swaps!
Old 01-22-2010, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by BarbS
LOL.....sounds like we have all been stressing about "good enough"......I'm sure we are all doing the best we can on any given day......it is what it is and its all good!!!
Have a wonderful day ladies......I'm off to get my mail!!!
Isn't it great to get the mail these days, I love it.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:40 AM

I too am having a GREAT time with fabrics and block patterns. I have to agree with Nancy! There are so MANY block patterns I never knew was out there. Its making my head SPIN just looking at all is out there. :|