Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-ELECTRA Group >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-ELECTRA Group

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-ELECTRA Group

Old 07-19-2013, 06:45 AM

Update:

Received Swishies: Abby's Mom; Alikat110; Gaijin; jaba; Jaydee; ljdugas; mollymunchkin; NanaKathy55; Old_Rosebud.

Sent Grownups: Abby's Mom; jaba. You can peek in my album.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:10 AM

I fear I may have limited people in some of my holiday boom requests. So if you are inclined and have the fabric laying around, it's ok not to listen to my request. You can use holiday fabric to match up with what I sent.

I hope this didn't confuse you as much as it did me.

KAT
Old 07-19-2013, 08:16 PM

finished and mailed off 3 rownup blocks--two in Merope group and one for this group. f8s went back with them. will be mailing rest of f8s next week.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:49 AM

received F8's from
Abby's Mom
Alikat110
Gaijin
jaba
ljdugas
NanKathy55
Old_Rosebud

I finished up another swap commitment so now I'm working on getting my fabric washed/cut/stuffed this weekend. I finally decided on fabrics.
Old 07-20-2013, 11:08 AM

In yesterday's mail I received F8th from Gaijin.

Today I went to the quilt store, only wanting to get silk thread to do the binding on a T-shrit quilt and walked out with my fabric I fell in love with and will use for this group. I am excited about getting it ready and will be mailing out on Monday.
Old 07-20-2013, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
In yesterday's mail I received F8th from Gaijin.

Today I went to the quilt store, only wanting to get silk thread to do the binding on a T-shrit quilt and walked out with my fabric I fell in love with and will use for this group. I am excited about getting it ready and will be mailing out on Monday.
Best part of the fabric, the quilt store had all fabric at 25% off. no minimum. Fabric is now in the washer, and once it is dried and pressed, will be cut and into the envelopes.
Old 07-20-2013, 01:34 PM

Finished a grownup for Abby's Mom. I have two going to you so I may have the wrong material in the wrong album.
Old 07-20-2013, 05:23 PM

All are washed, cut, packaged, ready to be mailed. I will be mailing all on Monday.

I have included a note with this one. I am not wanting any brown or green, use the other colors in the fabric please.

Thank you.
Old 07-20-2013, 05:56 PM

Sewing like crazy and will give you an update tomorrow. Just want all of you to know that if you receive from me and have postage due, please let me know and I will send it. Have had all my packs weighed and this is what my post office manager has told me as far as price. There has been a couple that was sent, completed blocks, that the postage was due. I will gladly reimburse you, don't know what else to do. I have received some that came with the regular 47 cent stamp that I had to pay another 20 cents for. Not a big problem here but please let me know and I will send you the postage due. My postmaster has told me it is entirely up to the post office employees as to how they interpret the package. Not quite sure what is up with that.....

Last edited by jaba; 07-20-2013 at 06:00 PM.
Old 07-21-2013, 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
My postmaster has told me it is entirely up to the post office employees as to how they interpret the package. Not quite sure what is up with that.....
Wow. Well that explains a lot actually! I have received F8's with various postage but they must have all been accepted because I didn't have to pay anything for them. When I sent out my original 15 F8's, I was charged .92 cents for each domestic envelope. I sent four more at a later date, got a different PO clerk, paid 0.66 cents for each envelope.
So I'll echo Jaba's sentiment - if you guys receive anything from me that is postage due please let me know. i will gladly send you the difference.
Will be mailing grown up blocks on Monday! Most of my blocks are in my album if you want to peak!