Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-MAIA Group (Fast) >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-MAIA Group (Fast)

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-MAIA Group (Fast)

Old 09-11-2013, 09:34 AM

I like St. George and Egypsy Rose. They both look good in variation.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:23 AM

Beth, got your block today. This finishes this group! Yeah!! Thank you so much for the block and the pattern!! I love it! Will post picture later this evening
Old 09-11-2013, 11:36 AM

Jaba your quilt top is beautiful and to think I was a part of it! Thank you for showing us. I have all my blocks from this group also, just have to get that one more F8 then I will be finished. You have been such a great group to swap with, I hope we can do this again.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:29 PM

My wonderful block from QuilterMomma showed up today. I love the star! As soon as I press it I will add it to the board and also post to my album. Thank you for swapping with me.

That's it for me, except for hearing if Missgigglewings received the block I mailed to her on 8/23/13. I've received blocks from everybody and I've greatly enjoyed this exchange. Thank you very much to LovingIsabella for hosting the exchange. I look forward to seeing everyone's pix of their completed quilts. I have no immediate plans to stitch mine up as I still plan to add a few myself and I'm in the fairly early stages of another quilt top. Thank you again to everyone. It's been a great deal of fun!
Old 09-11-2013, 12:41 PM

Here is the final block for this groups swap. THANK YOU all for what you sent.Im going to try to pick out a sashing for this and maybe I will get some of the other blocks back from the s l o w group soon to finish the 2nd quilt! I LOVED this fast swap!! Thanks Quiltermomma!!
Attached Thumbnails quiltermomma-received-boom-10.jpg  
Old 09-11-2013, 12:53 PM

Can you tell I like the duckies the best?
Old 09-11-2013, 04:35 PM

I collected rubber duckies for years, all different kinds, shapes sizes...Still have a Black "hot rod devil duck" that rides on my dash board! The rest of the duckies got used by 4 grandkids over the past 8 years! I call my hot rod duck my good luck charm! I love duckies..You highlighted it really well!
Old 09-11-2013, 06:24 PM

I'll check it out Beth, thanks so much. Joan haven't really measured it yet but think it's about 74x86. The blocks are all so different, think I just might do a simple all over design on it. Keep looking at it and really haven't decided yet. Need to soon and get it quilted so I have something to sew when I'm in the chair for a few weeks from back surgery.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:50 AM

LOL love rubber duckies too.. in fact finally got rid of my rubber ducky when I moved here to WY. IT was just smiling at me from the rack that held my shampoo for years. I would love to have grand kids to float those around with. My daughter loved hers but the boys attack and destroyed anything like that. I will continue it on when a new baby comes I am sure

Jan beautiful way to round out that quilt top. It was some pretty CRAZY fabric when you sent it but all combined its pretty cool! now who gets that pretty puppy? bet its GONE when the kids come in for the holiday here.. first one off the rack .. um.. your son in CO will snag it first
Old 09-12-2013, 04:46 AM

Do you have a long arm Jaba? I just got my quilt back from the people that do my quilting from one of the booms, not sure which it was but was the Mauve blocks. They provide the batting, had it done in a week and I only paid $40 to have it quilted! I didn't have her bind this one because I want to try to bind one but if its too complicated Ill pay her the $20 to bind the next 5 I have to send her! Her husband runs the machine and I absolutely LOVE the work they do. I cant afford to buy a machine for what they charge! LOVE to see yours when its finished. So sorry about the back surgery...but what better way to recoup than to quilt!! LOL