Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-MAIA Group (Fast) >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-MAIA Group (Fast)

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-MAIA Group (Fast)

Old 10-29-2013, 05:43 AM

Hello everyone,
Yes I know I have been MIA Thank you Melinda for trying to help anyone who needed it and thanks for the updates to the groups.
I ended up with a massive infection in my shunt which almost caused me to loose my eyesight in my right eye. I was taken by ambulance to my local ER on October 5 and then transported out to my neurosurgeon in CT. I spent a week in ICU on very high dose antibiotics. They removed my old VP shunt on a Wednesday once I had been on the antibiotics for 3 days and then put a new one in on Friday with anti-microbial tubing so hopefully this does not happen again. I just returned to work on the 24th. I have some pain still from the tubing as it is larger than the normal tubing and it takes some getting used to Thankfully though my neurosurgeon saved my eyesight by putting in an LP drain bedside and draining the infected CSF and relieving the increased pressure on my optic nerves. I am headache free now and I can see. My right eye is still a little weak but it is getting there
Due to some rows I am unable to locate from a row robin I was in (I put them up for Hurricane Sandy and then had 5 brain surgeries so I can't get through all of the containers ) I have been informed I am no longer allowed to host swaps so sadly this will be the last Boomerang swap unless someone wants to host it until I am able to find the rows and get them home to their rightful owner (which I will do ). If anyone wants to please let me know, I hate to see this swap end because of my shortfalls.
So happy to see the fast group worked out well for you all
Huge Hugs
April
Old 10-29-2013, 06:02 AM

God bless you April! So happy you are doing well...you have been on a lot of prayer lists lately! It works! I am sad to hear you can no longer host this swap...maybe someone can step in until you locate your missing rows! I would volunteer instantly if I knew how to do an Excel spread sheet! I am sure someone on here can...here's hoping that person will come forward for us! Boom 11 needs to happen! Something else to pray for! Welcome back!
Old 10-31-2013, 04:36 AM

well I hope that gets figured out I have written to April and I know others have so no worries ladies we will help her til she has her feet back under her and that row robin is found. So the boom shall continue until april can come back. We will all cross our fingers its a quick return
Old 11-01-2013, 02:04 PM

Thought I'd show all of you what I have decided to do with the little scraps of fabric left over from your blocks. I have them from the last 3 booms, so will be making a few of these. Haven't decided on the inner circle yet, just been putting the dresdans together. Your little pieces are being used and will be a nice memory.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]444437[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dscf1680.jpg  
Old 11-02-2013, 05:54 AM

Jaba, your drestan plates are beautiful! I have started "charming addition" which uses 2 1/2" squares, 5 alike and my scraps from the blocks are going into that. This is a quilt that takes 312 different fabrics so it will take awhile to make it. I will probably be able to use leftovers from the next boomerang which I am looking forward to.
Have you considered yellow for the inner circle?
Your blocks are beautiful as usual.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:27 AM

Sunrise your little squares are going to take some time also. When I discovered all these envelopes it was fun remembering all the blocks I have made and the fabric that I really loved. I'll have to put some yellow on these and see what it looks like, thanks for the suggestion. Then I need to think about the sashing and was considering black, thinking it would make the colors pop.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:44 AM

Hello Jaba, I love the Dresden plates, what a wonderful idea. I see my b&w fabric in there! I've begun using some of the leftover fabric on a scrappy quilt. Each time I run across a piece from the boom, I recall the block I made. It's really a nice memory. Thanks for sharing.
Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Thought I'd show all of you what I have decided to do with the little scraps of fabric left over from your blocks. I have them from the last 3 booms, so will be making a few of these. Haven't decided on the inner circle yet, just been putting the dresdans together. Your little pieces are being used and will be a nice memory.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:12 AM

I think a subtler color sashing will keep it more vintage scrappy style than if you use black. Red maybe if your needing bright or blue would pull it all together. but not black.. lol kick me I don't care love you girl and you know it. on the center well yellow is flower like.. reds with orangish hints might be good to. I first thought blue myself but its cause I don't like yellow terrifically. I am thinking for a scrappy quilt this is going to be beautiful. I see hours and hours of work. Darn your a patient woman!

if we have fast groups I will join again. I hate the slow speed. And I love making blocks. Doing all the swaps is nuts and I agree expensive in the end. I did fifty once and doing them was ok it was too expensive for my limited budget unfortunately. So two groups maybe 30 or 35 is well topping it for me too.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:56 AM

"if we have fast groups I will join again. "

Oh, me too!! I loved doing the fast group. Still waiting for four blocks from the slow group.
Those dresden plates are gorgeous.
Has anyone heard from April lately? Sure hope she's hanging in and getting better. I miss her.

Last edited by Libster; 11-12-2013 at 07:01 AM.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:23 AM

Default The NEXT Boom...

As many of you know, our fearless Boomerang Friendship Swap leaderApril is stepping back from swaps for the foreseeable future. We’ve been in contact over the last several weeksculminating in a phone call and final decision yesterday. April isn’t leaving the board, (you can seeshe’s still here finishing up Boom 10!) she’s simply stepping back for now andshe’s turned the Boom reins over to me. I’m going to lead Boom 11 in her stead and I hope to do her hard workjustice. Boom 10 folks, I want to let youknow that I’m not hijacking her program, just running it in her place, with herpermission, and that of the Board. Iparticipated in Boom 10 in the Maia group and had a great experience. I knew instantly following April’sannouncement here that it would be a shame to let the Booms die. It wasn’t going to happen, not if I couldhelp, it so I approached her and here we are. <o></o>
April’s been at this for about 4 years and has her systemdown to a science. I see no need forchanges so we’re not going to mess with it. Sign-ups will begin sometime late next week; please be on the lookoutfor the post. We’ll have Fast and Slowgroups, running 2 months and 4 months respectively. Also, although the last couple of swaps havebeen only Small groups of 16 or so, I’ll open it up to the option of Largegroups as well if there is enough interest. All skill levels are welcome. Sign-upswill run about 3 weeks or so, depending upon interest. (If you have concerns about starting a Boomat this time of year, you might want to consider doing a Slow group to allowyourself plenty of time.) It will takeme several days to make sure I’ve got everything in order and then I’ll postthe groups and off we’ll go. <o></o>
I do plan to be very active and on top of the day to daygoings on. If you have any questions, I’lloften be able to answer them the same day but please allow me 48 hours,especially over the weekends. I want toassure everyone that I’ll do the best I can to make Boom 11 run as seamlesslyas possible and to be enjoyable for all. <o></o>
It’s time to start thinking about your fabric choices, as ifmany of you haven’t since Boom 10 ended! Be looking for the sign-up post toward the end of next week. As usual, the details will be in there. Thanks everyone! <o></o>
Janice McC<o></o>