Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0  Signups now CLOSED :) >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0 Signups now CLOSED :)

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0 Signups now CLOSED :)

Old 06-19-2013, 12:21 PM

Gorgeous fabric!! Love it.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:28 PM

frenchfryqueen I love your fabric!
Old 06-19-2013, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by frenchfryqueen View Post
Looked through my stash and didn't have enough of any one fabric. I thought I had enough of a complement to my Boom 9 fabric, but alas, I did not. So I *had* to go buy some new fabric and some coordinating fabrics to finish it out. This is what I chose for this swap. I absolutely adore it!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]419994[/ATTACH]
I love that fabric! I used it in a baby quilt earlier this year. So cute!
Attached Thumbnails aztuf.jpg  
Old 06-19-2013, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
Ok I have a comment to make. shoot me to those who know me this in itself is no surprise. I read a post a few back that there is someone sending two pieces that EQUAL one fat eight is that correct? Oh Please Do NOT do that. It is hard enough to come up with enough fabric to do a whole lot of blocks just by virtue of the size we are already working with. if you send pieces then you limit your block and the creativity that goes into it. I am fairly sure we are to send one piece but maybe that has never been addressed.
I have to agree with this! Also sending the 18 X 11 is a whole lot better to work with than 9 x 22. Also shaving of some of the size required to send in a smaller envelope is not good cause it makes it harder for us to make a decent block.

I received some back in 8 Boomrang that had not a correct number where a certain amount was shaved off and most so with the 9 x 22 which made it hard to make a decent block with smaller sizes.

I think if I received pieces sent equaling either 9 x 22 or 18 x 11 I'd return it to the person and ask them to recut it properly if they wanted a decent block back.

It's really a no brainer rules state a ONE piece either in 9 x 22 or 18 x 11. Rules do not allow us to send pieces amounting to a certain size. That certainly takes away from our ability to make decent blocks if we get pieces of fabrics equaling one size amount.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:21 PM

Oh yah.... I love those too! I hope I am in your swap group...

Originally Posted by frenchfryqueen View Post
Looked through my stash and didn't have enough of any one fabric. I thought I had enough of a complement to my Boom 9 fabric, but alas, I did not. So I *had* to go buy some new fabric and some coordinating fabrics to finish it out. This is what I chose for this swap. I absolutely adore it!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]419994[/ATTACH]
Old 06-20-2013, 03:12 AM

This will be my first "go" at this, but it looks like a lot of fun. Will take it easy with one small group on the regular schedule (sent email yesterday). Already worked on picking my fabric and am getting excited seeing the other fabric choices! Love yours frenchfryqueen.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:28 AM

Nice fabric Frenchfry! and seeing it used in a baby blanket I noticed while one chose blues and greens to accent you look like you went for the golden accent. Its cool how one fabric takes everyone in a different direction and the end results are totally different from each other.

My favorite part of this swap is all the variety of fabrics we receive. I put my envelopes as they come in a box, write the received date on the envelope so if they get mixed up I know which ones get worked on first (order of receipt) then.. when I am ready for the next block .. I open that envelope and its a surprise! tada! today your working on flowers! next cubes! and so on. If I peak at them there is always the tendency to want to use the 'easy' ones first. so never peak or your stuck with all the tough ones at the end!
Old 06-20-2013, 04:43 AM

Catgirl, I love what you did with the fabric! I always think it is fascinating to see the grownup blocks together, and all the different fabrics everyone picks to use.

Last swap, I put all my F8s in a stack as I received them. I looked at them, stuck them back in their envelope, and did them in order of receipt. Some blocks were harder to decide on than others, but I feel like I only sent out blocks I would want to get back.. and I think that's all any of us are looking for. Anyone who is nervous about being a beginner.. don't be! It's all in good fun and skill levels, and some of us who seem confident are in the same boat as you. *raises hand sheepishly*
Old 06-20-2013, 05:40 AM

I must have missed a post as I did not see one about sending two smaller cuts. This is generally only allowed to be done if a member asks their group and people say they are willing to use them. I will double check and see what I can do
Love the fabs FrenchFry
Hugs
April
Old 06-20-2013, 06:50 AM

Here are my sets of fabric -
one is very colorful fish
the second group will get either bubbles or waves with a small block to coordinate but not necessarily use
I am working on children/baby quilts this time and thought these would be fun (plus I had the fabric!)

Hope you all will enjoy playing - there are so many colors so you all should have something in your stash.
Attached Thumbnails 2013-06-20-07.34.38.jpg   2013-06-20-07.33.38.jpg