Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0  Signups now CLOSED :) >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0 Signups now CLOSED :)

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0 Signups now CLOSED :)

Old 06-20-2013, 06:40 PM

Good evening all! I'm fairly new to the board. I have sent an email to join a small, fast group if space is available. I'm looking forward to Boom 10 and getting the opportunity to get to know you all a bit and make blocks for you and receive some in return. I'll just wait to get a confirmation before I start picking fabric - although I think I know exactly what I want to use already. Fingers are crossed there's still space!
Old 06-20-2013, 06:46 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Marich52 View Post
Thanks everyone for all the encouraging words....I'll go for it. I just didn't want to create problems for people.
Glad you are staying in It really is a fun swap
Old 06-20-2013, 07:05 PM

No problems Marich52, there is patterns and blocks out there to make. Welcome to the Boom 10!
Perfect more new swappers this time around. You'll have fun Janice

Last edited by jaba; 06-20-2013 at 07:07 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:11 PM

I'm in! Off to find my fabric!

QUOTE=Janice McC;6134273]Good evening all! I'm fairly new to the board. I have sent an email to join a small, fast group if space is available. I'm looking forward to Boom 10 and getting the opportunity to get to know you all a bit and make blocks for you and receive some in return. I'll just wait to get a confirmation before I start picking fabric - although I think I know exactly what I want to use already. Fingers are crossed there's still space![/QUOTE]
Old 06-20-2013, 08:40 PM

Please don't drop out. I am completely happy to use your fabric to make a block for you.

Originally Posted by Marich52 View Post
Ok, the fabric collection I wanted to use came cut 9 x WOF and I cut it to 9x 22. Thought this was a great way to get a vintage sampler. But looks like this cut will be a problem so maybe I better drop out of the swap...maybe next time.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:48 PM

Welcome to all of you newbies - I was there two swaps ago - so nervous about making the perfect block for everyone. And then I realized how much fun it is to play with a piece of fabric and only have to do one block and you can experiment with fabrics and colors and patterns - and oh my, how much time you spend on quilterscache.com and all the other free block pattern sites. whew - and you get to make friends and look forward to checking the forum every day cause you might miss something.....
I have yet to get a "bad" block from both of the swaps - even a basic 9 patch works with all the other blocks!
Old 06-20-2013, 09:26 PM

Wink I am Free!!!

Today was my last day as president of our local Quilt Guild. A couple of days ago, I completed the customer quilt I had on my long arm machine. I feel like I am free!!!! Lets get this swap going.......I'd sure hate to wake up some morning with nothing to do! lol
Old 06-21-2013, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by berryberry View Post
One question and I promise I'll stop asking so many questions. How are you mailing out the F8 and then the finished blocks? This may help other beginners not just me.

From previous experience, I found the most economical I can ship one block is in a legal size letter envelope and pay the additional postage. If I put it in a manila envelope, it's a $1.00 more due to beginning size of the manila envelope. That's using a 5x7 manila envelope.
I fold it to fit in a regular long envelope and us pressnseal plastic wrap and it flattens out really well and I never pay over $0.64 to mail out fabric and lots of time my return blocks work out that way also. I also press t well so it is as flat as it can be
Old 06-21-2013, 12:37 AM

I wanted to send a solid green and ask for Christmas prints, but after reading the post it sounds like most have solids in their stash, not prints. Would it be better for me to send out a print instead?
Old 06-21-2013, 03:34 AM

I have lots of Christmas prints Marcialee so either way is good if we are in the same group!