Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19

Thread: Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-STEROPE Group

The NEXT Boom

As many of you know, our fearless Boomerang Friendship Swap leader April is stepping back from swaps for the foreseeable future. We’ve been in contact over the last several weeks culminating in a phone call and final decision yesterday. April isn’t leaving the board, (you can see she’s still here finishing up Boom 10!) she’s simply stepping back for now and she’s turned the Boom reins over to me. I’m going to lead Boom 11 in her stead and I hope to do her hard work justice. Boom 10 folks, I want to let you know that I’m not hijacking her program, just running it in her place, with her permission, and that of the Board. I participated in Boom 10 in the Maia group and had a great experience. I knew instantly following April’s announcement here that it would be a shame to let the Booms die. It wasn’t going to happen, not if I could help, so I approached her and here we are.
    April’s been at this for about 4 years and has her system down to a science. I see no need for changes so we’re not going to mess with it. Sign-ups will begin sometime late next week; please be on the lookout for the post. We’ll have Fast and Slow groups, running 2 months and 4 months respectively. Also, although the last couple of swaps have been only Small groups of 16 or so, I’ll open it up to the option of Large groups as well if there is enough interest. All skill levels are welcome. Sign-ups will run about 3 weeks or so, depending upon interest. (If you have concerns about starting a Boom at this time of year, you might want to consider doing a Slow group to allow yourself plenty of time.) It will take me several days to make sure I’ve got everything in order and then I’ll post the groups and off we’ll go.

I do plan to be very active and on top of the day to day goings on. If you have any questions, I’ll often be able to answer them the same day but please allow me 48 hours, especially over the weekends. I want to assure everyone that I’ll do the best I can to make Boom 11 run as seamlessly as possible and to be enjoyable for all.
    It’s time to start thinking about your fabric choices, as if many of you haven’t for weeks! Be looking for the sign-up post toward the end of next week. As usual, the details will be in there. Thanks everyone!
    Janice McC
    Last edited by Janice McC; 11-14-2013 at 05:46 AM.

Hi Janice! So glad you're helping us out. Haven't decided yet if I'm going to do the swap (hahaha.. of course I am. I say that every time).
    The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow. Do good anyway.

Boomerangs and BOM Blocks: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...19-albums.html

Janice, just commenting to let you know you will be appreciated as this seems to be a very popular swap. I am sure I will do it again. In fact, I just ordered some fabric...LOL!

Thanks for the lovely block NCQuilter! It's in my received album.

I, too, received a block from NCQuilter. Thank you, it is lovely. I am taking them to retreat
    next week to work on. Just waiting on SharonB.

Janice, it is good of you to step in for April. I am not sure if I can do the boom again, but it was fun.
    Kidlit

NCQuilter....it was worth the wait. Sorry life has not been kind to you lately.....I hope it has and will improve as time goes on. Thanks for getting this block out to me. It will play nicely with my other's.....And, it's in my "Received Album".

I also received a lovely block from NCquilter. Thank you Kelly. I love it.
    I don't want to brag but I can still fit into the earrings I wore in high school.

I received great blocks from Bluelady and Kidlit. I like them both and am thinking about how to put all my blocks together.

Thanks again, ladies!

Jane
    Jane

Name:  boom ncquilter.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  56.6 KB

Here's the one I sent to NCquilter. I hope you received it okay.

Jane
    Jane

I have been remiss about posting received quilt blocks. I apologize. So - - - --

here they are!

Name:  Boom Sterope blocks.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  242.1 KB

I'm really pleased with the blocks. Thanks everyone!!

Jane
    Jane

My block from NCquilter- Absolutely lovely!
    Name:  ncquilter.jpeg
Views: 92
Size:  126.6 KB

I know exactly what I'm going to do with all the blocks. Just have to get my Christmas projects out of the way so I can get started! Thanks to all!

Boomerangs and BOM Blocks: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...19-albums.html

Hi all,been out of town for the last three weeks and finally got around to opening my mail,at least what hUbby didn't rip into. Unfortunately, he thought he was doing me a favor, so he opened my swap blocks for Boom 10 and stacked them neatly on top of the ones I received before I left, so I know for a fact that while I was away I received blocks from NCQuilter,beautiful, thank you, from jclinganrey, loved it, thanks, JLeuschen, beautiful block, thanks, and from K Roy, not sure of the avatar name, but live the block. I'm hoping I have them all, but so far I can only account for 12 out of the 16. If you sent me a block. I'd appreciate a heads up.
    Thanks to all you wonderful and talented ladies for the beautiful blocks. I'll be putting them together in the near future!
    Linda L Rucker

Hi Linda,

I sent you a Jacob's Ladder block with purple, green, and blue fabric. Let me know if I need to track down a picture of it.

Thanks!

I did send one to you too. Just look at my "sent " blocks in the album website below....

Does anyone know when the next boom is starting?

Yes, the post just went up. Be sure to review the entire post as there have been some changes. Thanks. Janice McC
    Quote Originally Posted by Difergie View Post
    Does anyone know when the next boom is starting?

Hello to all the Sterope group of Boomerang 10.

So sorry that April is having to give this up, but send prayers that things will work
    out with her health, family and quilting.

I have enjoyed this experience. I have grown as a quilter. The joy of receiving fabric in
    the mail and looking at the possibilities, ignited the artist within me and then getting the
    finished blocks that you all sent was so much fun. Thank you all for allowing me to
    participate and trusting me with your fabric. I hope all our quilts get finished and are
    appreciated for the joy that goes into them.

I am still waiting on Sharonb and am disappointed about the one that never sent.
    I am sad to say I will not be able to participate in the 11 session. I knew the holidays would
    be difficult, but never realized how much I missed my father until they came. I need to take
    some time to grieve and I don't want to let anyone down. Perhaps when 12 comes around
    it will be okay. Sew on ladies. I will be looking for the pictures you post.

Thank you,
    Kidlit (Katie)

Thank you everyone for a fun fun swap! this was my first boomerang and I really enjoyed sharing with all of you. I am looking forward to Boom 11. I certainly can live with the "new" rules if it means getting all the fun and joy of making blocks for others! Hope to see you all there!

Has anyone heard from Sharonb? I have still not received a block from her.
    I do hope all is well with her. Kidlit

I haven't heard from SharonB either. I, too am disappointed in the one who 'bailed' on all of us. I hope to see pictures of all these quilts! For me, that's the best part, to see all our efforts put together.

Happy New Year to all! Please post pictures!!!

Jane
    Jane

I haven't heard from Sharon B either (nor received a block from her). I see on a mid-November post elsewhere that she had some family issues that meant she owed "many an apology." I hope all is well with her and she'll feel free to update us if there has been a problem.

Happy New Year to all as well...it will be a bit before I put together the Boom quilt but will try to post a picture when that happens.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19