Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-STEROPE Group >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-STEROPE Group

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-STEROPE Group

Old 10-29-2013, 04:53 AM

Lovely block from kidlit! Thanks so much!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]443888[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails kidlit.jpg  
Old 10-29-2013, 05:36 AM

Hello everyone,
Yes I know I have been MIA Thank you Melinda for trying to help anyone who needed it and thanks for the updates to the groups.
I ended up with a massive infection in my shunt which almost caused me to loose my eyesight in my right eye. I was taken by ambulance to my local ER on October 5 and then transported out to my neurosurgeon in CT. I spent a week in ICU on very high dose antibiotics. They removed my old VP shunt on a Wednesday once I had been on the antibiotics for 3 days and then put a new one in on Friday with anti-microbial tubing so hopefully this does not happen again. I just returned to work on the 24th. I have some pain still from the tubing as it is larger than the normal tubing and it takes some getting used to Thankfully though my neurosurgeon saved my eyesight by putting in an LP drain bedside and draining the infected CSF and relieving the increased pressure on my optic nerves. I am headache free now and I can see. My right eye is still a little weak but it is getting there
Due to some rows I am unable to locate from a row robin I was in (I put them up for Hurricane Sandy and then had 5 brain surgeries so I can't get through all of the containers ) I have been informed I am no longer allowed to host swaps so sadly this will be the last Boomerang swap unless someone wants to host it until I am able to find the rows and get them home to their rightful owner (which I will do ). If anyone wants to please let me know, I hate to see this swap end because of my shortfalls.
Also please remember deadline is coming up soon, hopefully you are all almost done and happy
Huge Hugs
April
Old 10-29-2013, 07:51 AM

Wow April, what a difficult month! Kudos to you for making it through all of those challenges, and I am especially grateful your eyesight has been saved and the headaches are gone. Given what you've faced, I think it is admirable that you've been able to be as supportive as you have to the Boom. I will keep you in my prayers and add a "please help the rows to resurface"! This has been a very good group and I appreciate all of the organizing you did to make the Boom happen.

Kidlit, thanks for the beautiful block that arrived in my mailbox today! It is the first one shown in my "received album, for others of you that want to see it.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:27 AM

kidlit.....your more than respectfully done block arrived yesterday. It's been entered in my "received" album...Thank you very much....

April.....good golly Lady, you've been through the mill and back again.....so glad you are doing so well....I've been sending some prayers your way......As I've said before, anything between you and me is "at your leisure" and if you want to cancel out, that's OK too.....just BE WELL!!!!
Old 10-29-2013, 09:07 AM

April--You have done a great job and deserve all our thanks. I am so glad you are doing better and hope you continue to improve every day. I hope this is the end of your challenges.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:18 AM

Thank you GagaSmith, wendig, chasezzz, frenfryqueen and ruck9085 for
letting me know that you received your blocks. I'm glad you like them, I
hope they work out in your quilts.

April, so good to hear from you. My prayers are with you. Take care of yourself.
I always ask St. Anthony for help when something is lost. May just be coincedence,
but, I usually find them. And it is usually somewhere I already looked. I hate looking for
things. Hope you find them for your peace of mind if nothing else. I think you are
amazing. I do hope your husband is doing well, too.
Old 10-31-2013, 04:27 PM

I am still waiting to hear about my blocks coming from:

AZTESS1
NCQuilter
Sharon B
TJ Beaver (and f8)
debfaye

Happy Halloween everyone!
Old 11-01-2013, 02:10 PM

Thought I'd show all of you what I have decided to do with the little scraps of fabric left over from your blocks. I have them from the last 3 booms, so will be making a few of these. Haven't decided on the inner circle yet, just been putting the dresdans together. Your little pieces are being used and will be a nice memory.[ATTACH=CONFIG]444443[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dscf1680.jpg  
Old 11-02-2013, 06:24 AM

April, I am glad you are doing better and hope you continue to get stronger. I am sad that you won't be doing this swap again as I think you did an amazing job. I really hope someone picks it up as I really look forward to it.

My list is a follows:
received every grown up block except for:
dotcomdtom
frenchfryqueen
jclinganrey
ncquilter
ruck9085
sharon b
tjbeaver

Now my list could have gotten messed up as I was in 2 swaps, so if your data is different then mine please let me know
Old 11-02-2013, 07:18 PM

Hello everyone! This message is for whoever does not have a block from me yet! They were sent out Friday, so they're definitely coming!