Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0  Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137 >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Old 04-13-2010, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by salmonsweet
Originally Posted by jetnica
Originally Posted by hoppyfrog
I rec'd some today too (doing the happy dance) They're from ReRe, JB & tink121272. Now the fun starts.
Hey, don't forget to NOT post "real life" names? Too scary with internet creepers!

=)
You might both like to edit your own posts to make the name disappear, as I've done above.... Just a suggestion. :)

Thanks!!!! =) Edited for internet safety!! =P
Old 04-13-2010, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by kysmommy2
and...nanny nanny boo boo!... I've seen the block dettonlisas made for you too!! she'll prob mail it out tomorow as well!!:) Isn't this FUN!!
Originally Posted by tink121272
Originally Posted by collettakay
Tomorrow blocks will be going home to:

1. hoppyfrog
2. jetnica
3. Reneebobby
4. ReRe
5. tink121272

Boomerang......
boomerang is right! wow I am so excited to know I will be receiving a block back so quickly. I was happy to get my first 2 squishies in the mail today!!

I have fabric picked out for one already and am looking through my stash for fabric for the other....
:P
:)hehhe your so stinkin CUTE teasing us like that.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by sew cornie
Hooray I got 4 squishies today . . . ReRe, AKAngel, jetnica, and hoppyfrog. Gorgeous fabrics! I'm so excited!!

The one from hoppyfrog must have resisted delivery. Looks like it got crunched in a machine and nearly torched. There were several rips and two parts of the envelope that were burned through and the plastic inside was burned onto the fabric. Yipes! I've reassured this lovely fabric that it has come to a very nice home and is only here for a short visit. I've promised to give it some very friendly fabrics to play with. I think it feels much better now. :-D (Not to worry, hoppyfrog, the burned areas equaled about half the size of a dime. Still have nearly the whole piece to work with).
US POSTAL SERVICE UPDATE:

Here is what I was told yesterday afternoon by the nice lady at my Post Office's inner counter. I was there to mail out 14 blocks for Boomerang 1.0, and we were discussing the fact that I had one block come back and the envelope was SEVERELY damaged to the point where I have not yet opened it.

I was told that it is better to take those envies to the counter and have them checked over by the clerk. If they exceed the 1/4" thick maximum, your clerk can put a stamp on them that says "PARCEL". This will prevent the envie from going through the automated machinery. It gets put onto a moving belt instead, and your fabric/block should arrive safely.

And I must admit, my Postal Clerk was wonderful. So many of them are too rushed to even smile, but she was concerned that my mail was important and precious and wanted it to arrive as safely as I do.

[note: another little trick I learned a long time ago is to mark your envelope with the following: HAND CANCEL PLEASE - PHOTOGRAPHS ENCLOSED. This will also avoid most, if not all, automated machinery handling on the envelope.]

I hope these little tricks will help each of you avoid any heartbreak as we go through Boomerang 2.0 together.

Odessa

p.s. I also got 3 squishies yesterday, but don't recall who they were from (I'm @ work). I also have not opened them, as I am completing my 1.0 blocks before I do. 8-) Can't wait to see what challenges await me this time!
Old 04-13-2010, 07:23 AM

I got squishies from AKAngel & oatw13 today.

I have fabric & blocks picked out for all 6 that I have. I had to take a sick day from school today - but that was with the promise that I would wash the dishes and clean up the bedroom before I did any sewing. I haven't left my computer since I woke up -- I better at least get those dishes washed...

I promise I won't breathe the "sick germs" onto your fabrics. I'm already on antibiotics!
Old 04-13-2010, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by jetnica
I got squishies from AKAngel & oatw13 today.

I have fabric & blocks picked out for all 6 that I have. I had to take a sick day from school today - but that was with the promise that I would wash the dishes and clean up the bedroom before I did any sewing. I haven't left my computer since I woke up -- I better at least get those dishes washed...

I promise I won't breathe the "sick germs" onto your fabrics. I'm already on antibiotics!
Just get better and heck enjoy the day
Old 04-13-2010, 07:37 AM

I got my F8 from jetnica yesterday!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE your fabric!!!!!!
Old 04-13-2010, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Sugarpumpkin
I got my F8 from jetnica yesterday!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE your fabric!!!!!!
Thanks!! I have a purse in browns, and the fabric to make a purse in oranges. I LOVE it - but I had no idea what to do with it... BOOMERANG!!

wahoo -- i know all of you ladies will rock this!
Old 04-13-2010, 08:49 AM

I adore the purple jetnica! It's GORGEOUS!!!
Old 04-13-2010, 08:53 AM

:lol: Received F8s from AKAngel, jetnica, Reneebobby, and tink today!!
Old 04-13-2010, 09:30 AM

Rcvd blocks from
1. Jetnica
2. Oatw13
3. Rennybobby

I will get started on the blocks as soon as I teach my kids history! I cant wait!!