Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0  Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137 >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Old 04-19-2010, 06:16 AM

Mine will be slow but I have to do them before June as my little one is having surgery in June so I won't hae much time in June to sew so I will get on the ball as soon as I finish a few other MUST complete projects.
Hugs
April
Old 04-19-2010, 06:22 AM

Sounds like we are all super duper busy.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by reneebobby
Sounds like we are all super duper busy.
Yes, we are! But that's because we're Quilters! (and Moms! 8-) )

I had another weekend of music/cakes this past weekend, so I did not get any sewing done, but I did get my stash put away again after 1.0. Had so much stacked up on the sewing cabinet that it appeared I was building a very colorful "fort" to hide behind! 8-)

Now I need to get a muslin bodice put together for niece's prom dress to insure it will fit before cutting into the satin. Then I have to alter DD's selected prom dress (that her oldest sister wore about 11 years ago for Homecoming) so it fits the chest area better. After that, I have birthday blocks to do and I want to get a few of my snowman/snowflake blocks done.

I'm collecting all the 2.0 envies in a basket on my sewing cabinet to keep them together this time. Until I get all of my 1.0 blocks back (there are a few stragglers yet), I won't use my tubs for this one. I do plan to get them all "planned" as they come in, but won't start that for at least a week.

Why rush now? Sew much more "fun" to have to do all 35 in a week's time, don't ya think????? :shock: :twisted: :roll:
Old 04-19-2010, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by jetnica
Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
I'm wondering how you gals are turning them around so quick, I'm amazed. Hopefully you won't be disappointed if you have to wait a little while for some of them to get back home. There are other things that I MUST do before I can play with these.
Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
mishnjim - did i let you know i got your f8 saturday?

=) if not, I did!!

I'm doing pretty good at doing the blocks in the order I get the fabric -- I only have 3 left to make and then I'm waiting on squishies again - I hope I'm doing okay with "turnaround" time for you all!
Good Lord Jetnica if you turned them around any faster you would have whiplash! I just started to pick out matching fabrics lol
Hugs
April
I stopped EVERYTHING to get these done -- I have the b/w/bright swap stuff spread out all over the floor, the pinwheel quilt along, that bumblee quilt, a scruffily quilt, a b/w/yellow quilt, a pink/black quilt, a blue/gold quilt, a STACK of purses to make... (I know there's more, but I can't think of them) I only worked on the boomerang blocks yesterday.

I'm kinda afraid if I don't do them NOW they'll get lost in the shuffle.

And NO WORRIES about sending them back to me! As you can see by the list above, it'll be a while before I can do anything with the finished blocks.
I'm tired just thinking about all your projects ... shew ... how do you get it all done???
Old 04-19-2010, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by CraftsByRobin
Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
I'm wondering how you gals are turning them around so quick, I'm amazed. Hopefully you won't be disappointed if you have to wait a little while for some of them to get back home. There are other things that I MUST do before I can play with these.
Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
mishnjim - did i let you know i got your f8 saturday?

=) if not, I did!!

I'm doing pretty good at doing the blocks in the order I get the fabric -- I only have 3 left to make and then I'm waiting on squishies again - I hope I'm doing okay with "turnaround" time for you all!
Good Lord Jetnica if you turned them around any faster you would have whiplash! I just started to pick out matching fabrics lol
Hugs
April
I stopped EVERYTHING to get these done -- I have the b/w/bright swap stuff spread out all over the floor, the pinwheel quilt along, that bumblee quilt, a scruffily quilt, a b/w/yellow quilt, a pink/black quilt, a blue/gold quilt, a STACK of purses to make... (I know there's more, but I can't think of them) I only worked on the boomerang blocks yesterday.

I'm kinda afraid if I don't do them NOW they'll get lost in the shuffle.

And NO WORRIES about sending them back to me! As you can see by the list above, it'll be a while before I can do anything with the finished blocks.
I'm tired just thinking about all your projects ... shew ... how do you get it all done???
LOL - it doesn't get done!! That's why the list is so long!! I'm looking forward to the college semesters ending soon. That will free up two nights a week for me + sunday (I usually spend all day sunday grading/preping for my college classes)

Not saying I'll be more productive, just less "frazzled"
Old 04-19-2010, 11:00 AM

Ok, I guess I am the slacker!!! I Sent my F8's out Friday, just washed the F8's I received today. Next I am going to get the material I want to use to go with the F8's.
I received the following F8's ...AKAngel, Colletakay, Craftymainemon, hoppyfrog, jetnica, kathyn,mishnjim, mistillz, nancy in louisiana, oatw13, purplemem, rere, salmonsweet, sandiannie, star, sugarpumpkin. I will be making the blocks in the order I received the F8's.
Wow and you all are sending blocks out already...I had better get to work.....
Old 04-19-2010, 11:08 AM

All my F8s went out today, except KyMommy!!! UK had to have paperwork, not a big deal though. Post Lady said they are insured that way...seemed like a good idea to me.

I received squishes from: Dettonlisas, KathyN, purplemem, JaneCat, and LovingIzabella. Such beautiful fabric!
Old 04-19-2010, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by suedonnie
just washed the F8's I received today.
The rules state that all fabric be pre-washed before we send out our F8's . . . please don't make EXTRA work for yourself! Oh my, if we had to prewash the F8's as we received them, I think our list of participants would be much smaller. LOL.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:16 PM

Doing the Happy Dance!! I got 5 squishies today . . . purplemem, suedonnie, Star, Mishnjim, LovingIzabella. I got one of Izzy's "4" fabrics. That will be so much fun. My youngest just turned 4 on Saturday and I know he'd love to help me pick out fabrics for Izzy's square. :-D :-D

Yesterday sewing sounded like more fun than stuffing envelopes so I started making Boomerang blocks! Rationale: if I can send someone's block back with my F8 in the same envelope, that will save on postage, be more efficient, blah, blah, blah. Really! (insert eye roll here) It's just an excuse to start sewing on all of the pretties I've received. LOL. So I finished two blocks yesterday and was working on the third this morning when, silly me, I sewed right into my finger! (Good thing my machine's not a "Singer" as I was not singing a pretty song). Not to worry . . . NO blood got on the fabric!! Red simply would not go with the pretty purple vines of Jetnica's fabric. Although I did later have a thought . . . for those I'd REALLY like to keep . . . nah, best to not think on that any further. So, I guess I'm stuffing envelopes today and will in fact mail out my F8's tomorrow. :D It's so much fun to receive these F8's in the mail, that I can't imagine how happy it will be to get my own back to keep!
Old 04-19-2010, 12:52 PM

Had to hire a pallet jack to haul in all the squishys I got today. Got F8s from the following:

purplemom, goldendog55, kathy n, star, lovingizabella, dettonlisas

Received boomerangs 3 and 4 back from dettonlisas and buddy's mom. No pictures today but that's just 'cause I am not up to that. Receiving my squishys today has been the highlight of my day so far. The blocks are beautiful.