Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 8.0 Now closed for Signups >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 8.0 Now closed for Signups

Boomerang Friendship Swap 8.0 Now closed for Signups

Old 08-13-2012, 04:33 AM

Washing my fabric today! Any idea when we are beginning? Looking forward to this swap...
Old 08-13-2012, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
YOyo!! The list is alphbetical! I happen to know you were one of the first to sign up for this swap!! <3 Another of my sewing/swapping princesses!
HA HA HA!!! I like being at the bottom... much better than being stuck in the front row, first seat in class because your last name started with a "B-E" and no one else's last name came before mine...AHHH...so glad those days are over!!!
Old 08-13-2012, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
Now you have me nervous about doing the large group!
Don't be nervous!!! Just have fun. Besides, I've seen how much stuff you crank out on a daily basis, psssss...this will be NOTHING for you!!!
Old 08-13-2012, 05:27 AM

See what happens when I wait on go? I had ALL my fabric bagged, ready to go out that door and then thought well since you love only part of it, why not use one you REALLY love and there I was cutting fabric Again at almost midnite and restuffing the envelopes. Gosh I hope the 15th comes SOON (grin) I may end up with a room full of F8ths if I am not careful. Already ready for the NEXT swap with my precuts .. not anxious to start nope not me.. heck finishing my DQ for the Sept swap today. Its not even officially posted yet the sign ups and I am ..an official quilt addict. Coming out of the sewing room today and telling you all. Worse yet I refuse to break the habit. La la la, I can't hear you..
Old 08-13-2012, 07:12 AM

Linda, you are a nut, But a fun nut! I am curious as to what fabric you ended up selecting, I was so counting on the challenge of dealing with your lime green Christmas!

So everything is ready to go, no thanks to my obstinate printer! For some unknown reason the black ink is not printing! It is just weird, I would get a whole page and everything would print except the black...

I changed ink twice, not the problem, anyway to solved it I printed my labels in green. The Techie in me is retired, along with the knowledge I think. (I retired after 20 years doing mostly tech stuff)

Oh well after another cup of coffee and some of that wonderful Peach Cobbler I made yesterday, my day can only get better!
Old 08-13-2012, 08:07 AM

So am i in big or little group,dont know how much to cut,let me know
Old 08-13-2012, 12:12 PM

I am ready!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]355323[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_2705.jpg  
Old 08-13-2012, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Difergie View Post
I am ready!!!
Oooooooohhhhhh that is beautiful fabric. I hope you are in the large group. That would be fun to sew up with.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:24 PM

Marybeth, I ended up chosing Fruit Cocktail by Chloes Closet for Moda. Peach background color with cherries and I think apples but maybe those are peaches dunno but I was thinking about the time of year when we would get our blocks back, and when I would be stitching them and well probably wishing I was doing an Easter project vs Christmas and there you go I ended up with.. fruit. It goes to show you logic never works for me. I will now need to buy some bunny fabric for a fall return swap very very logical.

I like your blue fabric. You will have to enclose your vision of the end result.. calm, cool..water? only blue and white or is hot pink an ok fabric to add, lol, perhaps orange!? hum.. endless choices there. I know! Easter eggs, lots of easter eggs! rubbing hands in glee.. oh no easter eggs? who wants easter eggs? I can make you easter eggs! just give me that fabric first All kidding aside what do you think might be fun when you picked it?
Old 08-13-2012, 02:10 PM

I wrote a note and I would like the blue combined with HOT colors...hot pink, lime green, bright yellow etc...hopefully it will work. Have to go for it!