Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 478

Thread: Boomerang Friendship Swap 9.0 - Signups are Now Closed

  1. #276
    Super Member jaba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Posts
    6,893
    Blog Entries
    1
    pbadder I don't understand your PO charging you $1.10 for a legal size envelope, think I'd have them check that again. Also on the manila ones, just a tip, don't use the medal clasp, leave it flat and put scotch tape over it, cheaper to mail. My PO said that way it will go through the machine but with the clasp used it has to be all hand sorted.
    April, I think you need to sign up for 2 groups, then you can use both your fabrics. Love the paisley but the other is too cute.

  2. #277
    Super Member LovingIzabella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,063
    Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    April, I think you need to sign up for 2 groups, then you can use both your fabrics. Love the paisley but the other is too cute.
    LOLOL I love the lingerie ones but they are Alexander Henry fabrics and I have such a hard time cutting my Henrys lololol I do wonder though the blocks that would come home from that fabric....I have to think now.....a large and a small...two smalls...oh the decisions one must make in life.

    Who is getting excited?? I make groups this weekend and hopefully lists out on Sunday (maybe earlier if I can get my crap together lol)
    Hugs
    April

  3. #278
    Super Member jaba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Posts
    6,893
    Blog Entries
    1
    That didn't take to much convincing, now the follow through you know? Yahoo, be watching for all my groups. I'm sure you'll have all your " " together and ducks in a row! Can't believe I'm being so nice, still early morning.

  4. #279
    Super Member LovingIzabella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,063
    Oh Jan my crud is all over the place..this swap I think is the only sanity for me lololol
    Hugs
    April

  5. #280
    Super Member jaba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Posts
    6,893
    Blog Entries
    1
    Oh yes, I hear you. I definately like my "woman cave", probably spend entirely too much time there.

  6. #281
    Senior Member pbadder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Chula Vista, California
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    pbadder I don't understand your PO charging you $1.10 for a legal size envelope, think I'd have them check that again. Also on the manila ones, just a tip, don't use the medal clasp, leave it flat and put scotch tape over it, cheaper to mail. My PO said that way it will go through the machine but with the clasp used it has to be all hand sorted.
    April, I think you need to sign up for 2 groups, then you can use both your fabrics. Love the paisley but the other is too cute.
    I only had 4 brown envelopes the rest were all white. She asked me where were they going, I told her all would be in the US. At first she said the white ones were 90 then changed it to $1.10 also. I should try taking them to other PO in town to see what they say. Just out of curiosity. I haven't put the stamps on the envelopes yet, but I have them. My future blocks will all be in the white envelopes. Waiting patiently for names to get started.

  7. #282
    Super Member jaba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Posts
    6,893
    Blog Entries
    1
    I'd go to another 1 too. Envelopes should only be 65 cents. If I wrap mine in the press and seal so they're real tight it's a regular stamp, but the price of that stuff is crazy. Saran wrap really mash out the air and when I took mine down to PO to check she said 45 but you're really safe at 65 cents. I know last boom I got alot of them on the 1st mailing with just a regular stamp on them. Who knows?? but she did tell me it came down to the clerks disgression. If I sent a manila out with just the basic F8 it's 85 cents I think. $1.10 is what it cost me for Canada

  8. #283
    Super Member goldendog55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Blaine, WA
    Posts
    1,069
    The people in my groups are going to get all hand-dyed jewel-tone fabrics. I can't show a picture yet, because I'm still making them. I'll only want black with them. Can you imagine black quilts with only bright patches?

  9. #284
    Senior Member tracibug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Gilroy, CA
    Posts
    574
    This would make a great quilt for my oldest, he's a budding astronomer... Good score!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by frenchfryqueen View Post
    I got almost 3 yards of this fabric from Goodwill for 50 cents. 50 CENTS! I didn't necessarily like it all that well, but I couldn't just leave it at the store for someone else to have. I'm thinking it would make for a series of interesting blocks.. what do you guys think?
    Attachment 390176

  10. #285
    Super Member ArizonaKAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,371
    Blog Entries
    1
    Has anyone ever just sent a solid color to see what comes back?

  11. #286
    Super Member joanelizbay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Boonville, Missouri
    Posts
    2,209
    Blog Entries
    2
    Post Offices are funny. If I take mine to Fayette, Mo where I work its usually 45 to 65 cents on all the envelopes. BUT if I take them to Boonville, Mo where I live they want to charge 85 cents or more. Fayette is a small town and they take the time to work with people where Boonville thinks they are too busy to help Give me small towns anytime!

    April, could you send instructions again on how to convert your file to be able to make labels? I cant find the instructions and I definately want to be able to print labels! Thanks!!

    Joan
    People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel!

    This is the link to my albums for all Boom swaps.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...99-albums.html

  12. #287
    Senior Member frenchfryqueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    745
    Quote Originally Posted by tracibug View Post
    This would make a great quilt for my oldest, he's a budding astronomer... Good score!!!

    Traci- I'd be willing to do another trade with you if you want it! lol!

    Judy- I like the idea of bright colors on black-- just keep in mind that you might not get all the same shade of blacks.. my fabric store has about 20 different shades of "black"!
    Last edited by frenchfryqueen; 01-23-2013 at 10:56 AM.

  13. #288
    Senior Member frenchfryqueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    745
    ArizonaKat- I think sending a solid color is a great idea. You would get a HUGE variety with your blocks, and you'd have the solid color to tie them all together.

  14. #289
    Senior Member pbadder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Chula Vista, California
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    pbadder I don't understand your PO charging you $1.10 for a legal size envelope, think I'd have them check that again. Also on the manila ones, just a tip, don't use the medal clasp, leave it flat and put scotch tape over it, cheaper to mail. My PO said that way it will go through the machine but with the clasp used it has to be all hand sorted.
    April, I think you need to sign up for 2 groups, then you can use both your fabrics. Love the paisley but the other is too cute.
    I did take two different envelopes to the main PO, and they quoted me same price $1.10. I asked how come so much and she said that they were not considered legal size envelopes. Envelopes are 6-1/2 x 9-1/2" on box it says catalog envelopes. I don't know what the difference is.
    Last edited by pbadder; 01-23-2013 at 11:11 AM.

  15. #290
    Super Member LovingIzabella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,063
    Quote Originally Posted by pbadder View Post
    I did take two different envelopes to the main PO, and they quoted me same price $1.10. I asked how come so much and she said that they were not considered legal size envelopes. Envelopes are 6-1/2 x 9-1/2" on box it says catalog envelopes. I don't know what the difference is.
    Those are the bigger envelopes. The ones the folks usually use here are the regular white mailing envelopes that are longer than standard.
    I use the ones you have and tape over the metal clasp and generally it costs me about 85 cents or so.
    Hugs
    April

  16. #291
    Super Member jaba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Posts
    6,893
    Blog Entries
    1
    Big difference pbadder, the legal size is a #10 envelope, measures 4 1/8" X 9 1/2". Walmarts, grocery store or if you have a dollar store they have them too. 80 strip & seal for a $1 or so. Think I'd be changing envelops for the return trip.
    Arizonacat last swap I know a solid black was sent, but she did add a note saying "use bright solids". If you didn't add something you could have all kinds of prints and such that they not match up at all in the end. But it would depend on what you're going to do with them. Whatever you decide will be great, but a little hint would be nice.

  17. #292
    Super Member ArizonaKAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,371
    Blog Entries
    1
    I'm thinking any combination of colors with the solid color in the print would be nice.

  18. #293
    Super Member jaba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Posts
    6,893
    Blog Entries
    1
    That would probably be perfect. Mine are going out as" please use the colors that are in the print only". It is a print for both so I really don't want any other print with it, I want the one I am sending out to be the focus of the whole quilt. Does that make sense?

  19. #294
    Super Member Nelco's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Springfield, OR
    Posts
    1,699
    The orange and yellow in this block are the colors I will be sending out. Have fun with the colors.
    Name:  SDC12184.JPG
Views: 87
Size:  466.3 KB
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

  20. #295
    Senior Member pbadder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Chula Vista, California
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    Big difference pbadder, the legal size is a #10 envelope, measures 4 1/8" X 9 1/2". Walmarts, grocery store or if you have a dollar store they have them too. 80 strip & seal for a $1 or so. Think I'd be changing envelops for the return trip.
    Arizonacat last swap I know a solid black was sent, but she did add a note saying "use bright solids". If you didn't add something you could have all kinds of prints and such that they not match up at all in the end. But it would depend on what you're going to do with them. Whatever you decide will be great, but a little hint would be nice.
    I did have enough of the 4-1/8" x 9-1/2" envelopes so I changed materials into those. haven't had a chance to go back to PO today to find out the postage on these. Will do that tomorrow.

  21. #296
    Senior Member pbadder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Chula Vista, California
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelco View Post
    The orange and yellow in this block are the colors I will be sending out. Have fun with the colors.
    Name:  SDC12184.JPG
Views: 87
Size:  466.3 KB
    love the colors on this block.

  22. #297
    Super Member LovingIzabella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,063
    I love the colors and the block!!!
    Hugs
    April

  23. #298
    Super Member Short an Sweet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yale, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,838
    Blog Entries
    4
    so you want a solid or tone on tone of one of the colors in your print? is that correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    That would probably be perfect. Mine are going out as" please use the colors that are in the print only". It is a print for both so I really don't want any other print with it, I want the one I am sending out to be the focus of the whole quilt. Does that make sense?
    Live, Laugh & Love, for tomorrow may never come.
    Veronica

  24. #299
    Super Member LovingIzabella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,063
    This is just one of my Alexander Henry bins. It does not include my pinups or the ones I have large yardage of...I have a problem I think LOL
    Hugs
    April
    Attached Images Attached Images

  25. #300
    Super Member jaba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Posts
    6,893
    Blog Entries
    1
    April, you have way too much for 1 person.....share the wealth there missy

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.