Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Boomerang Friendship Swap 9.0 - Signups are Now Closed

Blog Entries
    This swap sounds like a lot of fun! Sign me up for the large group if there is still room.

Whoops, I didn't meant to sign up twice. Just want to do the smalle swap.

Blog Entries
    hello i would love to be in this one, and jsut to make sure i have read it right,i send a fat eigth to each in the group, and I get one from each member, and i use that members fabric in a block and add other fabrics, to go with it, and i do that for each member, if i have not understood it , please feel free to correct me, this is a new one for me, and it sounds very cool,

Blog Entries
    hello moonwork my little 3 yr old , loves ladybugs, and her room , which is in the process of being decorated, is fairies, ladybugs, catipillars, butterflies, princesses, horses, nad underwater whimiscial fish, so she is well rounded, oh forgot my little pony, and real horses, as well, she loves books and is a bookwarm, this is awesome,

Blog Entries
    ok i have been looking at soem of the finished blocks, and i got one more question, when we send the fat 8th do we have to send the same fabric to in the fat 8ths to all participationg are can they be different, sure saw some wonderful quilts got soem new inspiration

Lovngrandma
    You understand it correctly and you can send all the same or all different or split it 50/50. That choice is entirely up to you . Please join us we do have lots of fun
    So happy to see all the newcomers join the "regulars"
    Hugs
    April

Lovngrandma check out my links in my signature. I sent out 6 different fabs, but mine all coordinated.

Barbgil would love to join....

hi,
    i would like to try the small group.
    thanks

I have several more people signed up through email but silly me I forgot to ask for board names since I am so used to PM LOL Will update the playlist soon. Still plenty of time to join all you lurkers
    Hugs
    April

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Okay April you asked me what fabric I was maybe going to use, I have 3 choices I'm thinking about, 1 choice for the large group and I need to decide for the 2 small groups. I'm going to be very busy sewing. It's winter here and I hardly leave the house except to the PO and back too cold. A big whopping 18 degrees right now, fireplace is roaring....What do yuh think of these ladies, can you make me blocks?Name:  DSCF1016.JPG
Views: 185
Size:  1.23 MB

Jaba - I see an amazing block for that!!! What color would you want it paired with???

Send it on Jaba ... live dangerously

Our son & DIL live near Granger, WY (west of Rock Springs)
    Lisa L.
    Howdies from Possum Trot (yes it does exist)
    My most recent swap - Boomerang 16

Ok, I sent a pm for a small group. Hope I haven't jumped in over my head, but am looking to have some fun with this.

Blog Entries
    You two are too accommodating. I have used this fabric in about 4 quilts that I have made though. Guys that ride Harleys, and then they ordered purses for their wives. Pretty neat. My son sure wants a couple of table runners and a large oval or octagon mat for his coffee table, I'd sure have you make a block for me. If we get in one of the groups together, I'll be sure and ask if you'll make me 2....remind me if I forget ok? Would love the help. This is Name:  DSCF1014.JPG
Views: 106
Size:  1.25 MBreally what I think I will use.

Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    Okay April you asked me what fabric I was maybe going to use, I have 3 choices I'm thinking about, 1 choice for the large group and I need to decide for the 2 small groups. I'm going to be very busy sewing. It's winter here and I hardly leave the house except to the PO and back too cold. A big whopping 18 degrees right now, fireplace is roaring....What do yuh think of these ladies, can you make me blocks?Name:  DSCF1016.JPG
Views: 185
Size:  1.23 MB

I see lots of sexy firemen in your blocks......Name:  $T2eC16VHJHwE9n8iiIo6BQ1RUUEYfg~~60_35.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  18.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Jannie View Post
    Ok, I sent a pm for a small group. Hope I haven't jumped in over my head, but am looking to have some fun with this.
    Jannie, I do a small group too... I like that I can do one a week and not get over loaded. Most of the time I get two or three but some weeks I get zero done. so all in all it balances. I also do the side swaps when offered. Godd to have you swapping. Phannie

Jaba - send it out - I have all shades of oranges/yellows that could really have fun together. That is what I like about this swap - it stretches me, Using fabric I don't normally play with, and then fall in love with!
    As for the sexy firemen - I would love to see moonwalk's dad when that came in the mail!!! Wonder what block he would have her make with it!! Oh I am laughing thinking about all the people opening up the envelope with it in!!! heheh - now that would be fun!!
    Quilting as I go traveling down the road

Count your blessings, not your problems.

Blog Entries
    Oh Phannie1 now you've really got me thinking, don't use all that sexy material, I'd like to side swap with you too!!

Blog Entries
    Traveling Grandma got your name on my list too! This could create a little swappin' fun...

JAN YOU HATE ORANGE! how did you buy so much ORANGE flame fabric? yikes. I think April will be in happy heaven working on your orange flames. Send me the flowered stuff lol. I have to think devils little devils is what I come up with when I see flames. Oh Lord, please dont let her send that to me. I will do payback if she does. yes yes I will

AND i am all done being not me. It didnt work out. yuck. so well world HERE I COME! coming to a block exchange near you! I thought the fabrics coming in last year were so much fun. some you will love some you will be indifferent to and others you say oh heck what the .. heck? can I do with that.. and then you make something and suddenly its like oh that isnt half bad I kinda like that. I would never work with half of the fabric I received and it was rewarding to finish a block see how the colors go together then see others interpretations.. its great for the learning curve and helps teach how to better combine colors/texture/designs.

What you will need: blenders, tone on tones etc in your stash I think. If your joining check out what you have and consider maybe a few staples like whites, blacks, beige, gray, red. not much it doesnt take much to finish a block but there were a few times I did the old wish I had.. i didnt spend much.

Also when sending if you can keep your envelope really flat like wrap your fabric in saran wrap or people used a lot of that machine that wraps things for freezing? it cuts postage down to regular stamp .. and that is a good thing zip bags have that bump? and depending on yourpost office they might charge the higher hand cancel rate of .65 c .

its snowing its snowing. yipppeee I am off to sewing.. Yosemitesa you are avoiding me I know it! first your not my quilty quilt trade pal now your galavanting off into a smaller group. next we will never see each other again and well.. my heart is broken. i am amazed you did a large group with all you have going to begin with. I totally get a small group this time. I am saying one large group this time but thats cause the queen bee here has not put out a call for two more people then I can close the swap.. she got me last time..maybe I can hide when she says it?
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Elisabrat you are so funny. We love the real you anyways.

I am going to be doing something different this time. My daughter in Australia does not want quilts for the grandchildren so I have not been able to make my darling grandkids quilts. But most Australian children have duvets (which are the same as our down comforters) and so I am going to make duvet covers. LOL. It will be like making a giant pillow case. So My granddaughter likes owls and when I was there we bought some owl material to make a little tiny pillow for her for her dance class. I was shocked at the material she picked. I thought seeing it was for ballet she would pick out a girly material but oh no.....she picked out brown background with bright owls on it. So my brain was thinking to do her in owls....but I couldn't find any owls material in the colors she specified so I am just going with a blue/purple print. She will have to put up with girly. LOL. The boys are almost done so I will need a few more squares to finish their's off. Then my other material will be for me. YEAH> Time to be a little selfish and make for yourself.
    So yeah I am a glutton for punishment....I want to be in every group. I love making squares for other people and seeing the squares of fabric you send me. The challenge to make something. I know what Linda means when she says you get one that is a real challenge because you just can't figure out what to do with it....but when done, I am happy with it. Bring it on April.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Come on folks...you know you want to join us
    Hugs
    April

jaba...I see a Sunbonnet Sue with the flame fabric....now wondering if it would be the background for a naughty Sue??? Oh so many possibilities...Dad would come up with some funny comment I bet. Maybe send out 18 of the flames and 18 of some other.
    Name:  devil sunbonnet sue.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  127.0 KB
    Lisa L.
    Howdies from Possum Trot (yes it does exist)
    My most recent swap - Boomerang 16

sign me up please. I will send a email to. cuppy

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast