Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Christmas Ornament Swap 2014 >

Christmas Ornament Swap 2014

Christmas Ornament Swap 2014

Old 11-26-2014, 10:16 AM

Oh Geez Michelle...that is such a PAIN.....maybe you could unplug your freezer for a little while...if it stays closed it should be ok till the surges settle down.
You can always add venison to the menu too - nice tenderloins??? !! Great on the grill !!!
Hope things settle down soon....so sorry you will miss going to Grandma's tho. Be safe - stay warm !!!!
Old 11-26-2014, 12:12 PM
Power Poster

Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-26-2014, 02:39 PM

Hi Michelle,

so sorry you are having bad weather and electrical surges. It sounds like you have a lovely family and even without turkey I am sure you will have a wonderful Thanksgiving. We don't celebrate that holiday here, but I too will be giving thanks tomorrow that my lovely grandson made it through his surgery. We all have something to be thankful for.... And shrimp sounds good!

hugs and a happy holiday.

Caroline
Old 11-26-2014, 03:17 PM

Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-26-2014, 04:48 PM

Well the storm is over for the most part and surges have stopped. Calling for temp to drop and ice so we will see what is going on in the morning. We have a great meal planned for tomorrow regardless of where we end up. The kids are bummed about not being able see the rest of the family but we will try to get them there. Hopefully the DOT will make it down our way by tomorrow. They have had a time with the main mountain here today. Finally have it open again though.

I know this a swap for Christmas but seeing as tomorrow is Thanksgiving I am gonna start a round of What are you thankful for?

I am thankful for the fact that I get to crawl out of bed everyday to my wonderful DH and kids. I am also thankful everything the good Lord has given me. Although we struggle and dont have a massive house or brand new vehicles we have each other, our health, and our relationship with the Lord. I am so thankful for the wonderful group of quilters here that have made this swap such a success, fun, and for making new friends. Also, I have to say through the QB I have gained so many new friends that over the years I have grown to love and cherish. All of you are so amazing and at times a real source of inspiration and strength when needed. So with that said, Thank you for being a part of my life each and every one of you.
Old 11-26-2014, 04:52 PM

I am thankful for a husband and son whom I love endlessly.
I am thankful for my ability to craft in several mediums.
I am thankful for my abundance of furry and feathered family members.
I am thankful for all of the warm hearted friends on this board that can always lift my spirits and ground my attitude.
Old 11-26-2014, 04:54 PM

Time to get sappy for a moment.

I want to take the time to say a HUGE THANK YOU to all of the members of the service that have fought and those still fighting to protect our freedom. THANK YOU to the families of these members for your support and sacrifice of time with your loved ones. Without all of you the rest of us would not have the freedom to do what we do and enjoy. For those that are not able to be at home with your family tomorrow there will an extra seat at my table in your honor. THANK YOU AGAIN AND I SALUTE YOU.
Old 11-26-2014, 05:19 PM

Nothing sappy about that Michelle.... My grandfather was WWI...my dad Korea, my DH Vietnam and my son Iraq....I am thankful that all of them came home safe and sound - and endlessly thankful that we have wonderful men and women (sometimes more boys and girls) who love this country enough to continue to volunteer to serve.
If you raise a glass in toasts tomorrow - please make on of them "TO FREEDOM".

I am thankful for all my family - as at 61 i am lucky enough to still have my folks, aunts, brothers & sister
I am thankful for my beautiful daughter and son - and their wonderful spouses - and the 5 amazing grand-daughters they have gifted us....and that I have stayed on this earth long enough that they (the older ones at least) will remember our times together.
I am thankful for my wonderful husband- whom i have known for 46 years....and who can still make me laugh every day.
I am thankful for all of you - who inspire me in so many ways.
My woes are insignificant and my blessings an infinite number.

Have a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving -- travel safe !!
Old 11-26-2014, 06:24 PM

I am thankful for the blessing of my family. My DH who has completed me and made me whole again. He understands me better than anyone and finds humor in every silly thing I do. I am grateful for my children who came to us via the gift of adoption and one the old fashioned way.

I am thankful for the freedoms that I take for granted living here in the wonderful land of opportunity, and for those who fought for those freedoms.

I am incredibly thankful for the God who I ask daily to lead me in making the right choices and for help in starting over when I haven't.

I am grateful to be healthy when for so long I was not.

I am thankful for friends both the furry kind and the human kind. Especially those of you here on the QB.

I could go on and on. I believe the adage that says, "It is impossible to be both grateful and unhappy." Not that you won't go through tough times, it is just keeping focused on the good things that helps get us through them.

Someone on here posted or has a tag line that reads something like: "If you are going through hell, than for goodness sake, keep going, don't stop and hang around!" (Love it.)
Old 11-26-2014, 08:09 PM

Mdall,

Glad your storms have passed and everyone is good. Hope you will be able to get to the rest of the family tomorrow.

I am thankful that my husband of 33 years is still my best friend. That our business which is our sole form of support is still doing good after 20 years and my Mother is still able to live on her own and still enjoys life. I'm also thankful that our two daughter are healthy and in love with their partners. And that I have my health and I can still do all the crafts I enjoy.