Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Christmas ornament swap 2015 >

Christmas ornament swap 2015

Christmas ornament swap 2015

Old 11-12-2015, 02:12 PM
Power Poster

My partner should get her ornament today. I love pom pom's too I've seen tiny ones at Wal-Mart. They are about 1/4" (maybe even smaller). I always got a new box of crayons and a couple color books for Christmas and I loved them.One year I got a box of colored chalk and started drawing pictures of flowers and such. I think that was the start of my painting and crafts. Now kids want hundred dollar gifts or more. Sometimes the thought of gift giving gets lost. It's a shame.
Old 11-12-2015, 02:20 PM

Received my package today put away till opening time.
Old 11-12-2015, 02:54 PM

I have pm'd Red with my delivery #. Package going out tonight...yahoo!

Now on to the next project.
Old 11-12-2015, 02:59 PM
Power Poster

Thank you pbadder (Patricia) I got my swap package today. It's on my table waiting.
Old 11-12-2015, 03:44 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by owlvamp View Post
I mailed my ornament today. Sending you a pm with the tracking numbers.
Got it and it is noted on the sent list Sandra. Thanks so much.
Old 11-12-2015, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
My partner should get her ornament today. I love pom pom's too I've seen tiny ones at Wal-Mart. They are about 1/4" (maybe even smaller). I always got a new box of crayons and a couple color books for Christmas and I loved them.One year I got a box of colored chalk and started drawing pictures of flowers and such. I think that was the start of my painting and crafts. Now kids want hundred dollar gifts or more. Sometimes the thought of gift giving gets lost. It's a shame.
i was finding myself spending between $500-600 year to buy gifts for Xmas. And getting tired of the whole rigmarole. So a few years back, i talked to the kids and we all decided that we shouldnt need to spend that much on ourselves. At the time i worked for our county welfare dept,so i inquired about the program they have for playing SANTA to disadvantaged families and individuals. We got a name and a list of their sizes, likes and interests. WE spent like $300 that first year and filled 3 huge garbage bags with gifts for a single mom and her two small boys. Their Social worker was surprised to see how much we had bought them as most people would buy one gift per person on their list. We bought 2-3 gift each plus stockings and stocking stuffers as well as candy. the next year we spent less but we had received name of a single mom and her grown daughter. They still got 3-4 gifts each.
another thing we have done to cut down on Xmas costs is no gifts to people over 12 --that didnt go over very well as I couldnt resist getting at least something or making something for everyone. So we now limit the amount we spend on each gift. To make it seem like more presents to open we have played the dice game for small items we have bought from dollar store. We get about 20 items not spending more than $1.00 per item. They are individually wrapped. DIce are rolled into pie tin--people who get 7 or doubles pick a present but do not open. the pie tin is passed around so everyone gets turn--we do this til all gifts are claimed. We then set timer for selected time and start rolling the die again but we now steal from those who have gifts. When timer goes off, whatever gifts you have are yours to keep. To make it more interesting, one gift is chosen as a bonus. whoever gets that gift, receives a $20 gift card to Walmart,Target, or since i didnt get out to get the gift card last year, they got the $20.
Everyone has fun and it has taken the hassle and stress out of getting gifts--although i still get everyone a small gift but then it is icing on the cake so to speak.
Old 11-12-2015, 04:39 PM

WOOHOOOOO - I received a box today (thot it was my Joann's order until I saw address lolo) and it is from Mary, Lawsonmugs. It was done up so cute - each little gift has a tag on it 'Open now', so I did, There's candy, a snowglobe (I love snowglobes), and the cutest pair of sewing machine earrings (adorable). Then a little mailbox has a tag 'Do not open til Dec 6th' on it...sooooo yes, it's still unopened. I love surprises. I have it's little flag up w/the tag and will set it on my fireplace til time to open. Thanks so much Mary, I love all of the gifts.. Can't wait to see what's in the mailbox...

Holiday Hugs
Jean
[ATTACH=CONFIG]535549[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails ornament-swap-15-frm-lawsonmugs.jpg  
Old 11-12-2015, 05:14 PM
Power Poster

Jean, I'm so glad you got it. I always worry. I made the little earrings and hope they are not to long as some ladies don't wear long earrings. Of course your welcome and Happy Holidays.
Old 11-12-2015, 06:04 PM
Power Poster

Jean that is such a nice package from Mary. She always does up such pretty, and thoughtful things.
That little mail box is cute too with your secret in it.
Old 11-12-2015, 06:30 PM

Remeber both of those dollies, but my favorite was Kissy does anyone remeber that one.