Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Christmas ornament swap 2015 >

Christmas ornament swap 2015

Christmas ornament swap 2015

Old 11-27-2015, 11:24 AM

We had a wonderful day yesterday as well...went to friends so hardly any cooking...now my DH is in the kitchen trying out a new recipe for a small turkey...it is smelling heavenly upstairs here...I'm working on Christmas gifts today and later making gingerbread to make gingerbread houses tomorrow with DH. He's choosing to do a cabin style with pretzels and I'm doing the traditional one...if they turn out well, we'll gift them, if not, they're part of our decorating...we used to make them every year with the kids...what a messy, crazy, fun and fabulous activity THAT was!!! Happy "blessed" Friday to one and all!
Old 11-27-2015, 02:08 PM

I had a nice Thanksgiving cooking with my son and enjoying the meal with my granddaughter. After dinner we went to my brother & sister-in-law's for desert and to celebrate their 49th wedding anniversary. I made a pumpkin cheesecake which was a big hit with everyone. I miss being close to family. One day I will be able to move from Florida to be closer. I'm hoping it will be sooner rather than later. I've updated my avatar to reflect the beautiful gazebo here in Medina Ohio.

Karen

When life gives you lemons, throw them back and demand chocolate!!!

December Pincushion/Needlecase Swap Signups until November 30. Theme: Christmas-Holiday-Winter

Reply Reply With Quote Blog this Post
Old 11-27-2015, 02:46 PM

Today has been a quiet one, cleaned up this morning and got the house back into shape. This afternoon we went to two stores to see if they still had a couple of items in the ads, in an out of the stores less than 15 minutes and picked up only what was wanted. Best way to save money!
Old 11-27-2015, 03:08 PM

Is it Dec 6th yet?
Old 11-27-2015, 03:52 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cuppy View Post
No ornament this way. it is OK, sometimes it happens, really blessed with all the other swaps. Have a nice Thanksgiving with your family. Getting rest today , so I can shop tomorrow.
Your package is scheduled to arrive on the thirtieth cuppy according to the carrier's web site.
Old 11-27-2015, 04:29 PM

DH and I enjoyed our quiet but plenty of food Thanksgiving. We ate about 5 and then enjoyed movies like Despicable Me, Ratatoille, etc. We do enjoyed our years with the kids and now we enjoy each other's company very much.
Old 11-28-2015, 07:48 AM

Quilting friends~ You will not believe this story but I had to share. I hate Black Friday Shopping but sometimes the deals are just to hard to resist. My hubby and I went out to Sears for a 230 piece tool set and so he could replace to worn out ratchets (for free with lifetime warranty on Craftsman tools) and we went to the base exchange. We have base privileges since we are both veterans (my DH did the full twenty). Well, fifteen years ago he got a coupon for the base exchange that was good for 20% off on any item up to $100. Yesterday, we cashed it in and finally bought him the 55" TV of his dreams for only $399!! Can anyone top that much patience???? lol Imagine keeping track of a single piece of paper for 15 years! He retired from the Air Force back in 2004.
Old 11-28-2015, 08:10 AM
Power Poster

Good morning ladies! How is everyone doing this grand morning? I see lots of people are making gingerbread houses, shopping and getting decorating done. Let the season begin!

I have three people's packages that are unaccounted for. I am hoping that this week will bring the packages to their homes so everyone has their ornaments to open on the 6th with us. They all have customs numbers, and I can't check on them. (That I know of anyway)

One is due to arrive on the thirtieth besides those. I don't understand why UPS takes ten days to deliver a small package coast to coast?
Old 11-28-2015, 08:14 AM
Power Poster

Thank you again to my angels. You are the best ladies! It was so nice to know you were there to help out in case of emergency mailing for the swap.
Attached Thumbnails angel-christmas-ornaments-kids-make.jpg  
Old 11-28-2015, 10:04 AM

GracefulAnn -- they say good things come to those who wait! Hubby's patience paid off, too!