Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Christmas Ornament Swap- TODAY  IS LAST DAY TO MAIL- 11/1 >

Christmas Ornament Swap- TODAY IS LAST DAY TO MAIL- 11/1

Christmas Ornament Swap- TODAY IS LAST DAY TO MAIL- 11/1

Old 08-26-2010, 05:52 AM

OK, I am never going to get my housework done before going to work tonight.This board is addictive. Afraid I am going to miss something. Yikes!
Old 08-26-2010, 06:08 AM

direct mailing is where you send your doll quilt to the person you swap with Then the person in charge doesnt have to worry about mailing everything out and doesnt have to worry about whether everyone sends her the right postage to return to them
Old 08-26-2010, 06:53 AM

I prefer direct mailing
Old 08-26-2010, 07:40 AM

Direct mailing would be hard for ornament swapping. I envision making 10? ornaments & receiving others in exchange. I could mail to 10 quilters but it would be a pain in the neck. Direct mail works when you have only 1 partner.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:56 AM

I love this idea, be it nationally or internationally - I'm game. Making 10 or 12 to exchange with others would be wonderful, like baked cookie exchanges we do in our local study group. It's the organizing part that has me questioning it.
Direct mailing makes sense in a financially pratical way and taking all the names then dividing them up into clusters would keep the volume to a minimum - as to how many you would have to produce and mail out.
So who it the initiator of this wonderful project? And when will there be details/guildelines posted for it?
Guess I'm a bit excited and anxious to see this happen.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:24 AM

:shock:
Hi, I'm wondering how it is all going to come together too.

There seems to be a lot of us wanting to do this swap, it is going to require some serious organizing.
The postage is going to be a bit of a headache I think - figuring out how much will be required to cover it etc. Last time I did something like this you could FQ's instead of cash or just straight forward $$. If the organizer is sending out bundles of 10 plus ornaments then I think $$ will be required for the p&p. I can get hold of American an Australian $$.
Sue (rummage)x
Old 08-26-2010, 10:16 AM

I'd like to take part in a Christmas ornament swap. Pat
Old 08-26-2010, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by rummage
:shock:
Hi, I'm wondering how it is all going to come together too.

There seems to be a lot of us wanting to do this swap, it is going to require some serious organizing.
The postage is going to be a bit of a headache I think - figuring out how much will be required to cover it etc. Last time I did something like this you could FQ's instead of cash or just straight forward $$. If the organizer is sending out bundles of 10 plus ornaments then I think $$ will be required for the p&p. I can get hold of American an Australian $$.
Sue (rummage)x
I'm working out details with Patrice (our board moderater) right now...as soon as we have them they will be posted and hopefully it will be later this afternoon. :)
Old 08-26-2010, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Covered in Threads
I love this idea, be it nationally or internationally - I'm game. Making 10 or 12 to exchange with others would be wonderful, like baked cookie exchanges we do in our local study group. It's the organizing part that has me questioning it.
Direct mailing makes sense in a financially pratical way and taking all the names then dividing them up into clusters would keep the volume to a minimum - as to how many you would have to produce and mail out.
So who it the initiator of this wonderful project? And when will there be details/guildelines posted for it?
Guess I'm a bit excited and anxious to see this happen.
I guess the initiator would be me with a little push from Jacquiline :)....we are working out all of the details now since there seems to be enough interest and will post as soon as they are finalized. :thumbup:
Old 08-26-2010, 10:58 AM

Can't wait to see how this goes.